Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    What I'm using is their resume. Shockly's only resume is from GA while Harrington has a NFL resume. Shockly's is one of success, what is Harrington's?
    You are aware that Shockley has been on the Falcon's roster for 2 full seasons without taking a single snap... not once... in a NFL game. The reason we only have his ONE SEASON AS A STARTER AT GA as a resume is because he was not good enough to be a starter before that at GA and he has not been good enough yet with the Falcons to make it into a game. We are not talking about a kid who has wowed in pre-season games either.

Hey, I'd love for him to be a diamond in the rough for the Falcons, but there is no evidence at all he will be. The team is taking the smart way and going with an established, proven NFL QB for now. If Harrington stinks it up, they will consider other options.

-Jason "I think it is worth giving Harrington a chance-- his previous situations in Detroit and Miami were doomed to failure" Evans

do you think Bobby Petrino might be looking to draft Brian Brohm next year assuming the Falcons land up in the 8th-13th pick range.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    do you think Bobby Petrino might be looking to draft Brian Brohm next year assuming the Falcons land up in the 8th-13th pick range.
    Many folks think Brohm will be gone before then. I am pretty sure he is considered the #1 QB prospect in next year's draft at this absurdly early point in the process.

-Jason "I think the Falcons may be picking before #8... though I hope not" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    I'm hoping for Colt Brennan out of Hawaii.
    No soup for you!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    You are aware that Shockley has been on the Falcon's roster for 2 full seasons without taking a single snap... not once... in a NFL game. The reason we only have his ONE SEASON AS A STARTER AT GA as a resume is because he was not good enough to be a starter before that at GA and he has not been good enough yet with the Falcons to make it into a game. We are not talking about a kid who has wowed in pre-season games either.

Hey, I'd love for him to be a diamond in the rough for the Falcons, but there is no evidence at all he will be. The team is taking the smart way and going with an established, proven NFL QB for now. If Harrington stinks it up, they will consider other options.

-Jason "I think it is worth giving Harrington a chance-- his previous situations in Detroit and Miami were doomed to failure" Evans
    he is playing behind Vick, which is why he has not started.

I remember a player, running back, years ago named William Andrews. I played against him in high school and he single handedly ended our perfect season and kept us out of the state championship, but I'm over that now. but i digress.

In college he was used as a blocking back and he was drafted by the falcons as a blocking back because thats all they knew he could do. One day in practice they gave him the ball and he scored. they were shocked, and in 6 years he rushed for 5986 yards and 2647 yards receiving and 4 Pro Bowls. By chance he was given a chance.

My point, the Falcons have been focused on Vick and Vick only. I think it is worth giving him a chance. In his situation in Atlanta and at UGA he was playing behind some pretty good QBs.
    Last edited by Bluedawg; 08-01-2007 at 11:48 PM.