Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke vs Wake Forest Pre-Game & In-Game Thread

Duke heads to Winston-Salem to take on Wake Forest in the last road game of the season. Tip-off is set for 9 pm on Tuesday. Discuss the game here.
    Bob Green

Trap game #2 but this time with more rest.

Wake put a hurt on BC at home and might have delusions of grandeur. I hope that our guys come out smoking on O and put Wake's dreams on hold for another year.

Go Duke!!!

This is definitely at 9, right? DBR has 7pm listed on the home page.
    "Shout out to this clock right here that's telling us what time it is." - Dre

ESPN has the game listed at 9:00 Eastern

Not sure?

Guys call me crazy but my phone ( downloaded schedule) says Tuesday @ 9 but my cousin is going and it's Wednesday @ 9. I argued with her until see showed me the ticket.

I'm going crazy!! I was talking to my cousin and see was confused, had me confused. I'm sorry! It is @ 9 though.
    Last edited by Jbsherr DUKE!; 02-26-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post

Wake put a hurt on BC at home and might have delusions of grandeur. I hope that our guys come out smoking on O and put Wake's dreams on hold for another year.

Go Duke!!!
    Hopefully... being a road game... big WIN for DUKE

Game is tuesday feb 28

Quote Originally Posted by jbsherr duke! View Post
    guys call me crazy but my phone ( downloaded schedule) says tuesday @ 9 but my cousin is going and it's wednesday @ 9. I argued with her until see showed me the ticket.

I'm going crazy!! I was talking to my cousin and see was confused, had me confused. I'm sorry! It is @ 9 though.
    i just bought tickets and it is on tuesday feb 28th

undefeated road conference

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Hopefully... being a road game... big WIN for DUKE
    not a bad accomplishment at all (8-0) conference road record with a win. just hope the guys get some rest and arent looking too far ahead (sat nite)!

Quote Originally Posted by kinghoops View Post
    i just bought tickets and it is on tuesday feb 28th
    kinghoops thanks for clearing that up. I never actually saw the ticket, she finally got so aggravated at me she threatened to go her ticket and I told her it wasent necessary. Lol. On another note huge game. They need to come out early and put Wake away.

Espn3

Unlike several of our ESPNU games the Wake game is scheduled to be streamed on ESPN3

"One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post

Go Duke!!!
    After reading some of the comments here, one would think that the ACC regular season consists of a home and home series with UNC along with 14 trap games.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDuke Dad View Post
    After reading some of the comments here, one would think that the ACC regular season consists of a home and home series with UNC along with 14 trap games.
    You mean it doesn't?

Wake is now 4-10 in the conference, ahead of Boston College and Georgia Tech, and even with VaTech.
    IMO they are now playing better than BC and GaTech, but really not on a level with the Hokies; many of Wake's losses have been lopsided.

Living in the Winston-Salem area, I really don't hear much from the Wake fans; they are certainly not beating their chests, but for the most part not calling for Bzdelik's head.
    He seems to have weeded out a few bad apples, improved team play somewhat, and has a pretty decent class coming in next year.

I don't think this game will be close; the Devils have some goals in sight, and want to take care of business before Saturday's fun.
    I'm curious to see how Mason does in this game; Wake doesn't have a lot of inside muscle, but they are long.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    I'm curious to see how Mason does in this game; Wake doesn't have a lot of inside muscle, but they are long.
    Isn't this a good description of Mason (and Ryan, for that matter)? Long, but no inside muscle. Miles and Josh are a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Wake is now 4-10 in the conference, ahead of Boston College and Georgia Tech, and even with VaTech.
    IMO they are now playing better than BC and GaTech, but really not on a level with the Hokies; many of Wake's losses have been lopsided.

Living in the Winston-Salem area, I really don't hear much from the Wake fans; they are certainly not beating their chests, but for the most part not calling for Bzdelik's head.
    He seems to have weeded out a few bad apples, improved team play somewhat, and has a pretty decent class coming in next year.

I don't think this game will be close; the Devils have some goals in sight, and want to take care of business before Saturday's fun.
    This is what I'm looking for against Wake. Mason has a chance to get back on track against a decent but not great frontline. Ty Walker is a 7 footer that can block shots. Look for Mason to get him into foul trouble. I also live in Winston Salem and many of my church friends are Wake fans and most aren't impressed with Bzdelik. But I think he's done an ok job this year. And as roywhite said, he has a decent recruiting class for next year. GoDuke!

In the Josh concussion vigil, someone posted a link that says Josh won't be playing tomorrow. Apparently Coach K said Michael may get some minutes at the "4" in Josh's place. It will be good to see Michael get some run and see how much he's improved over the past few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    In the Josh concussion vigil, someone posted a link that says Josh won't be playing tomorrow. Apparently Coach K said Michael may get some minutes at the "4" in Josh's place. It will be good to see Michael get some run and see how much he's improved over the past few weeks.
    I certainly hope Josh recovers fully, but as far as injuries go, this may be somewhat of a blessing. Wake is terrible, and if we come out with any energy and attentiveness whatsoever, we should win easily. As we know concussions can be a pernicious and "coisa ruim" (hard to translate, but roughly "bad thing"). I'd much rather have a fully rested and recovered Josh vs UNC than rush him out there to maybe aggravate the concussion vs Wake. Plus, getting (shh)G more minutes in a situation where he can learn and gain confidence can only be a good thing. We may need both (shh)G and Josh vs UNC, so i hope that Josh's situation can turn into something positive for the team...

Coach K on the road against Wake Forest? 15-14...yikes.

No doubt Tim Duncan and Randolph Childress had something to do with that, but there have been some very tough and physical games against the Deacs over the years.

So is the Wake crowd halfway decent or should I not bother to wear my Duke gear, especially since I'm bringing my wife and 6 year old with me.