Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Wow, we are choking this one away.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Wow, we are choking this one away.
    Yea, totally choking it away when we're still up by 9.

Anyone worried about Duke losing this game needs to find something else to do tonight.

The wake forest strategy of trying to put Duke to sleep over the first 30 mins may be starting to pay off.

19-2 Run

Um, has Wake run off a 19-2 run against anyone this year...looks like we fell asleep for a few minutes. Should be fine.

Our bad defense seems to be leading to bad offense

I have to say, we really seemed to let off the gas a few minutes back and Wake, being WAY behind, was able to play loose and hit some shots. Then, we started getting tight - doesn't look like guys are shooting it confidently at all. Glad to see Mason with the big 3 point play though. I have to agree with JWill though - he charged on that play. But, before that, the refs were letting Wake get away with LOTS of contact and no calls so I guess it evens out.

Jay Williams not having his best night...but the play-by-play guy is absolutely atrocious. He can't get off his talking points of plugging the Duke-UNC game long enough to accurately call the game in front of him.

Lackadasical, lousy defensive effort, poor movement on offense, a dumb turnover...what a lovely few minutes of basketball. Coach K should be ticked.

Why did Kelly take that long jumper after the offensive rebound - dumb play. So we'll probably hang on to win now, but what a bad ending by letting Wake back in...

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Looks like it. He's done several punk things in this game.

With 10 minutes left we had 61 points on the board. Now with 48 seconds left there are 72. This has been some of the worst offense we've seen from Duke this year.

ok, Curry just hit 2 fts. I actually can't fault the defense in this one. The offense has been pretty bad, sloppy, turnover prone, guys are out of position. Not comforting at all.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Twice we got long rebounds and put it right back up instead of kicking out and use clock. Just not thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Twice we got long rebounds and put it right back up instead of kicking out and use clock. Just not thinking.
    I was really surprised to see Kelly do that. He's typically a very heady player, but that quick shot after Miles got the offensive rebound was uncharacteristic.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Yeah, I believe it was Curry driving against 2 Deacons earlier which left me scratching my head...it's not like this is a super young team, you'd hope they'd know better.

Granted there was a pretty bad stretch but we did play pretty well to build that 23 point lead.

Quote Originally Posted by mndukie View Post
    Yeah, I believe it was Curry driving against 2 Deacons earlier which left me scratching my head...it's not like this is a super young team, you'd hope they'd know better.

Granted there was a pretty bad stretch but we did play pretty well to build that 23 point lead.
    The opening 10 minutes of the 2nd half was the only time tonight the team looked they like were really locked in. Then they looked like they just kind of fell asleep. Glad they woke up in time to finish the job.