Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UNC's Platinum Elite unis (UNC v. MD)

When I first saw the Duke "gray" uniforms, I didn't think it possible to come up with an uglier color scheme.

I was wrong.

Boy Maryland stinks and the refs aren't helping them out either. The crowd is dead as well.

At least the Duke players weren't wearing the stealth uniforms on senior night.

UNC scoring all their points from the foul line it seems. If Zeller misses its call a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    UNC scoring all their points from the foul line it seems. If Zeller misses its call a foul.
    It's part of the ACC master plan - gotta have Duke/unc for the regular season championship. Ad dollars are on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by dpslaw View Post
    When I first saw the Duke "gray" uniforms, I didn't think it possible to come up with an uglier color scheme.

I was wrong.
    Pretty sure what they wear on Saturday will be worse...
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

My Duke friend's huband is a UNC alumni and he said he thought they made them look like prisoners of Nike.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeaven View Post
    My Duke friend's huband is a UNC alumni and he said he thought they made them look like prisoners of Nike.
    better prisoners of nike than prisoners of the university of chapel hill!...they're just trying to make light of their..."situation"
    April 1

Well, after a quick stroll over to IC and then a shower to wash off the filth, I can now attest that there are two things that Duke fans and Carolina fans can agree on.

1) The grey jerseys are ugly
    2) Philawolf's recruiting chart is pretty cool.

After that brief shining moment of agreement, let's go destroy those arrogant, insufferable, baby-blue-wearing heathen!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Both uniforms on the court last night were ugly.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Thankfully, they look even uglier on them than they did on us. But, then again, they deserve it (winks slyly).
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Can you imagine Mike O'Koren or Warren Martin in those things? Talk about ugly piled on top of ugly...
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

The only positive that I see is that Nike doesn't recgonize the Helms "title" either.

http://www.tarheelblue.com/view.gal?id=113978 second photo (can't seem to capture it)
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

A little off topic, but the weirdest Nike Platinum unis were the UConn women's--because they were gray and---red! (Or maybe it was dark orange.) Since the UConn colors are blue and white, that was a bit inexplicable.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    A little off topic, but the weirdest Nike Platinum unis were the UConn women's--because they were gray and---red! (Or maybe it was dark orange.) Since the UConn colors are blue and white, that was a bit inexplicable.
    To me, the wierdest use of those jerseys was having Syracuse wear them at home. It must have been awkward for the Syracuse fans to cheer on their team while they were wearing the primary color of one of their fiercest rivals, Georgetown.

Could you imagine cheering for Duke as they wore baby-blue?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilinNYC View Post
    To me, the wierdest use of those jerseys was having Syracuse wear them at home. It must have been awkward for the Syracuse fans to cheer on their team while they were wearing the primary color of one of their fiercest rivals, Georgetown.

After reading that last sentence, I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

One less championship

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    The only positive that I see is that Nike doesn't recgonize the Helms "title" either.

http://www.tarheelblue.com/view.gal?id=113978 second photo (can't seem to capture it)
    Someone needs to figure out how to capture picture #2 so I can send it to a few "select" friends...

Of course, I wonder if they still have the "NIT runner-up" banner hanging in the Dean Dome with all of the other laundry?

k

Quote Originally Posted by Kimist View Post
    Someone needs to figure out how to capture picture #2 so I can send it to a few "select" friends...

Of course, I wonder if they still have the "NIT runner-up" banner hanging in the Dean Dome with all of the other laundry?

k
    I'll take care of it tonight when I get home.

I actually thought theirs looked better than ours... at least with theirs you could read the number! Ours were the ugliest uniform I've ever seen... ever.

"Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilinNYC View Post

Good point--and no, I couldn't. I thought it was bad enough Duke had to wear the odd not-quite-baby-but-too-light-to-be-Duke-blue that they did.