Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I thought the issue of intent had been taken out of the rule; if you elbow somebody in the head, it is a flagrant one, isn't it?
    This is what I thought, also, with the new rule changes that were supposed to remove that judgment call. Is there still a reference to intent somewhere in the rules for men or women?

Rule 4-29 Art. 2.c. Flagrant One Personal Foul
    6. Illegal contact with an elbow that occurs above the shoulders of an opponent when the elbows are not swung excessively per 4-36.7.a.
    This makes it sound as if it was a flagrant 1 (vs. 2) because the elbows were not swung excessively. Article 6 discusses illegal contact without the ball, but not illegal contact with the ball. To me, that seems to be the key question.

In any case, I was so impressed with Tough-as-Nails Peters yesterday. Coming back in and staying aggressive... that's the stuff you dream of as a fan. Great win yesterday, and I'm pumped for the tournament! Winning these last two games with such a short bench is excellent preparation for what's ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    #5, ugh. Sweep or no, I don't want to play the fighting Hatchells again.
    Moot now.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Moot now.
    Bummer, I was looking forward to a GTHC double header. Oh well, we have to win our game too. unc would have really helped themselves with a win today, instead they are on the outside of the bubble; it will be an interesting Selection Monday for them.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Bummer, I was looking forward to a GTHC double header. Oh well, we have to win our game too. unc would have really helped themselves with a win today, instead they are on the outside of the bubble; it will be an interesting Selection Monday for them.
    I was looking forward to Duke participating in the ACC Tournament...apparently we chose to sit out this year.