Inside Carolina poster's rant about Coach K.

Saw this on Inside Carolina. Last time I ever go there again.

Why is coach k such a well respected coach? Seriously? Why is he known as like one of the best coaches ever??? Ya i know he has tons of wins. I think any coach at a good bball school whose been there for 100 years would have that many wins.
    I dont see coach K doing anything that impresses me as a coach.
    Doesnt have some sweet offensive plays, all they do is pass the ball around til someone shoots a 3. If they dont make like 35+% of them, they lose.
    He doesnt run any offense thru his big men. I would hate to be a big guy playing at Duke, you never get the ball.All Coach K does is ride the Refs all game long, and hopes whoever shoots the 3 he makes it.
    Im just not impressed at all, dont see what is so special about him, Roys got just as many NCAA championships as Coach K and he did it in like 20 less years.
    Am I missing something here???

I love how the Carolina fans think that the three point line means nothing, and how they think that the big guys never get the ball.
    And as much as you might hate Coach K, he is one of the best coaches ever, if not the best. Another poster on IC actually said that
    "humble legends like Dean Smith" never get any recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevilfan1998 View Post
    Saw this on Inside Carolina. Last time I ever go there again.

Why is coach k such a well respected coach? Seriously? Why is he known as like one of the best coaches ever??? Ya i know he has tons of wins. I think any coach at a good bball school whose been there for 100 years would have that many wins.
    I dont see coach K doing anything that impresses me as a coach.
    Doesnt have some sweet offensive plays, all they do is pass the ball around til someone shoots a 3. If they dont make like 35+% of them, they lose.
    He doesnt run any offense thru his big men. I would hate to be a big guy playing at Duke, you never get the ball.All Coach K does is ride the Refs all game long, and hopes whoever shoots the 3 he makes it.
    Im just not impressed at all, dont see what is so special about him, Roys got just as many NCAA championships as Coach K and he did it in like 20 less years.
    Am I missing something here???

I love how the Carolina fans think that the three point line means nothing, and how they think that the big guys never get the ball.
    And as much as you might hate Coach K, he is one of the best coaches ever, if not the best. Another poster on IC actually said that
    "humble legends like Dean Smith" never get any recognition.
    wait what???? those must be helms championships...
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    wait what???? those must be helms championships...
    Yeah, the guy goes/went to Carolina. He don't count so well.

What you posted is what a large number of UNC@CH fans truly and honestly believe. Add in:
    • Duke gets calls they don't deserve from the refs
    • Duke holds and grabs on defense, they play dirty and they are coached to play dirty
    • Because Coach K curses, he has no class
    • Duke doesn't care about their players
    • Duke doesn't get player to the NBA and if they do they won't be any good

I'll stop but seriously I could go on and on and I'm not talking about the occasional rumor. This is crap that UNC@CH fans all over the triangle realy truly believe. And don't bother talking to them about it and trying to use actual facts to change their opinion. They won't hear you no matter what. There are exceptions, and I really appreciate when I run into one of them (some of them post here). I know a UNC fan that went to Raleighwood with me to watch the 2001 National Championship game and was rooting for Duke (I could never do that for UNC).

Look I HATE UNC@CH athletics, that hideous color blue, etc. But I have respect for their basketball program and although I don't like 'Ol Roy and I think K is a better coach than he is, that doesn't mean he's not a good coach and great recruiter. I can't last any more than about 10 second over on IC. They hate Duke more than they love their own team and that just doesn't sit right with me.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    What you posted is what a large number of UNC@CH fans truly and honestly believe. Add in:
    • Duke gets calls they don't deserve from the refs
    • Duke holds and grabs on defense, they play dirty and they are coached to play dirty
    • Because Coach K curses, he has no class
    • Duke doesn't care about their players
    • Duke doesn't get player to the NBA and if they do they won't be any good

I'll stop but seriously I could go on and on and I'm not talking about the occasional rumor. This is crap that UNC@CH fans all over the triangle realy truly believe. And don't bother talking to them about it and trying to use actual facts to change their opinion. They won't hear you no matter what. There are exceptions, and I really appreciate when I run into one of them (some of them post here). I know a UNC fan that went to Raleighwood with me to watch the 2001 National Championship game and was rooting for Duke (I could never do that for UNC).

Look I HATE UNC@CH athletics, that hideous color blue, etc. But I have respect for their basketball program and although I don't like 'Ol Roy and I think K is a better coach than he is, that doesn't mean he's not a good coach and great recruiter. I can't last any more than about 10 second over on IC. They hate Duke more than they love their own team and that just doesn't sit right with me.
    Agreed. This guy at my church calls himself a Carolina fan (I hate Carolina and I know more about them than he does!) and when Carolina loses we get to pick on him. But I do respect Roy Williams, even though I don't like him.