0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Austin Rivers

41 29.93%
  • Quinn Cook

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The bigs opened it up for Dre. Dre opened it up for Austin. And all our guards figured out how to get past FSU's over playing guards to the basket - which I believe was HUGE.

Quote of the night: "We've gotta get someone on Dawkins. He didn't miss a shot the whole first half" Well he did miss a COUPLE.

BUT that 3 off the rebound was nothing but pure being in the moment. If he's good like that for a half every game we are pretty much unstoppable.

I stated early that Andre was the key. He really IS the JJ of this team and I'm glad he's finally starting to play like a star. At this point he's had a lot more up games than down and he just may be rounding into form (remember the kid is still only supposed to be a SOPH).

Yesterday was certainly Dre Day.

MP1

I voted for Miles. I thought he anchored the team last night. Sometime during last night's game I realized that Miles is my favorite player on this team. He's not the best player and I know his weaknesses but I just want him to succeed so much.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post

I stated early that Andre was the key. He really IS the JJ of this team and I'm glad he's finally starting to play like a star. At this point he's had a lot more up games than down and he just may be rounding into form (remember the kid is still only supposed to be a SOPH).

Yesterday was certainly Dre Day.
    With all due respects and as much as I love 'Dre & voted for him, he is nowhere near JJ. JJ was money 99% of the time. With 'Dre, Seth, Austin you never know which one is going to have the hot hand that night. It seems to be one game a player is unstoppable the next game he couldn't hit the ocean standing on shore. That is when one of our other guards gets hot. When JJ was here I trusted the ball in his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    With all due respects and as much as I love 'Dre & voted for him, he is nowhere near JJ. JJ was money 99% of the time. With 'Dre, Seth, Austin you never know which one is going to have the hot hand that night. It seems to be one game a player is unstoppable the next game he couldn't hit the ocean standing on shore. That is when one of our other guards gets hot. When JJ was here I trusted the ball in his hands.
    99% of the time? That's the problem right THERE!!! No - JJ was not!! In his freshmen and sophomore years he was a MAJOR defensive liability and it wasn't until Coach K challenged him that he came back with a vengeance his junior year. JJ shot just 23% overall his freshmen year and ended at 35% by his senior year. His 3pt percentage was 39% his freshmen season and hopped up to 42% by his senior year.

JJ got to shoot a WHOLE lot more than Dre and it was certainly needed his last two years but now I would politely like for you to go look at Andre's stats. He's on course to double the amount of 3's he shot as a spot duty freshmen - at 42% a clip no less which may have increased last night.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/duke/jj-redick

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/pla.../andre-dawkins
    Last edited by SupaDave; 02-24-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    It seems to be one game a player is unstoppable the next game he couldn't hit the ocean standing on shore.
    Andre Dawkins is now #1 in the ACC in 3 PT FG% at 42.2%. Stating, "the next game he couldn't hit the ocean standing on shore" is grossly inaccurate. Dawkins is a great shooter.
    Bob Green

99% of the time? That's the problem right THERE!!! No - JJ was not!! In his freshmen and sophomore years he was a MAJOR defensive liability and it wasn't until Coach K challenged him that he came back with a vengeance his junior year. JJ shot just 23% overall his freshmen year and ended at 35% by his senior year. His 3pt percentage was 39% his freshmen season and hopped up to 42% by his senior year.

JJ got to shoot a WHOLE lot more than Dre and it was certainly needed his last two years but now I would politely like for you to go look at Andre's stats. He's on course to double the amount of 3's he shot as a spot duty freshmen - at 42% a clip no less which may have increased last night.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/duke/jj-redick

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/pla.../andre-dawkins
    Sorry, Supadave, but you're not quite right on this one. You're looking at his "shot %," which is the percentage of his team's shots that he takes when he's on the floor. That ranged from 23% of his team's shots his freshman year to 35% his senior year.

His shooting percentage was much, much higher. JJ shot 41% his freshman year (39.9%, i.e., 40% from three, better than Andre's freshman year), and ended at 47% his senior year (42% from three, pretty much exactly what Andre's shooting now).

Your larger point, that Andre just as reliable a shooter, although with many fewer shots, I completely agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Sorry, Supadave, but you're not quite right on this one. You're looking at his "shot %," which is the percentage of his team's shots that he takes when he's on the floor. That ranged from 23% of his team's shots his freshman year to 35% his senior year.

His shooting percentage was much, much higher. JJ shot 41% his freshman year (39.9%, i.e., 40% from three, better than Andre's freshman year), and ended at 47% his senior year (42% from three, pretty much exactly what Andre's shooting now).

Your larger point, that Andre just as reliable a shooter, although with many fewer shots, I completely agree with.
    Oh that's a tricky little stat there. I assumed it to be his overall shot percentage. But otherwise we are in total agreement. On another team (and allowed to not play defense) Dre could easily avg. 20 ppg.

What a great set of "problems" to have

Pretty easy to make a case in 3 different directions!

Miles played great and smart and I am so happy for him, if a point value for all his game contributions were in place he would be right there.

Austin has turned into that guy we wanted and needed this year, points yes 3's and penetration, and now with smart dishes that result in good looks, his all around hustle,diving for balls, really moving his feet on defense,
    He is leading by example as a freshman, but a case can be made, in basketball terms, he is NO LONGER, a freshman.

I voted for Andre, because the sheer volume of the three's in the first half, created some seperation, put some doubt in the Noles, and the team continued to respond from there throughout the game.

What a problem, needed three votes.
    Let's go DUKE !!!

Oh that's a tricky little stat there. I assumed it to be his overall shot percentage. But otherwise we are in total agreement. On another team (and allowed to not play defense) Dre could easily avg. 20 ppg.
    I agree. If Andre was "the guy" that all his teammates were always looking to pass to and set screens for, he'd be an all-conference player (in any conference). I even think he plays better defense when he's scoring more, so the "allowed not to play D" might not even be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BluDvlsN1 View Post
    I voted for Andre, because the sheer volume of the three's in the first half, created some seperation, put some doubt in the Noles, and the team continued to respond from there throughout the game.
    It's b/c FSU employed the "anybody but Dre" defense in the second half while Austin was putting daggers in their heart to start the half. Teams used to do it to JJ all the time (which is one of the reasons he became so good off the screen).

Right now the whole team's confidence is high. They are feeling strong. I saw a few possessions last night where everyone touched the ball. It was a thing of beauty.