Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 74, FSU 66 - Post-Game Thread

Great to win those 5-on-8 games. Gutty performance.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Great Win

Nice job tonight and Miles and Ryan did lots of great work to keep us on top. Go DUKE

Huge win! Great performance! Maybe this team has a chance to win that first round NCAA game.

A monster shooting night from behind the arc. Our bigs had to battle against foul trouble all night long so our guards went to work. Dawkins set the tone and Rivers played a very nice game as well.

I do like how our bigs stayed aggressive throughout the game though. A lot of times players get tentative and think too much in those situations.

Definitely a big win. Onto the next one.

Very impressive win by Duke. Thought the other 2 refs were fine, Ted Valentine was brutal. Dawkins, Rivers, Mi Plumlee were big time tonight. I wish we could get a free throw rebound tonight. Mason sure did struggle. Curry came on in the 2nd half which was great to see. Quick turnaround Saturday!

I thought Miles was The Man tonight. He brought a Gatling gun to a knife fight. Huge. We needed his minutes with Mason's foul trouble. FSU has an athletic front line and he matched them. Did all the dirty work.

Big win. Big, big, big win.

Proud

We really came to play tonight. Really gritty all game - Rivers hit a lot of key moment baskets. Andre was ridiculous. Miles is really starting to become the heart of the team - huge early spark.

Perhaps our best all around game since November. This was a 20 point win officiating aside.

Duke FSU

Ditto, a couple key late baskets by Seth!

Another team effort 7-0 on the road in conference! Awesome
    Last edited by JBDuke; 02-23-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: corrected road record

Miles was definitely a major factor. Gritty win, felt in doubt until the last two minutes or so. Without Dawkins we aren't even in the game, though. He was superb. FSU had almost no 3-point shooting, we had lots; that was the difference.

Looked bad when Austin went down. Glad he appears OK.
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

Quote Originally Posted by gotoguy View Post

Another team effort 6-0 on the road in conference! Awesome
    Seth seemed jittery early - which makes stepping up all the more special

I am really happy with the mental strength and confidence our guys played with tonight. Given the circumstances of atrocious reffing, a hungry (and oh-so classy) crowd, and an incredibly physical opponent playing for something...they played a great game. No nit-picking of the negatives tonight for me...just really fun to see our guys play a man's game tonight.
    Windy City Devil

Two thoughts:

1) We need to petition NCAA to retire Hess, Valentine, and Luckie.
    2) Hope Austin isn't hurt. Remember Kyrie played out the game in which he was injured.

Teddy Valentine was NOT going to be shown up by Karl Hess!

Quote Originally Posted by gotoguy View Post

Another team effort 6-0 on the road in conference! Awesome
    7-0 now. With just a trip to Winston away from pulling off 8-0. I'm hesitant to mention it (and firmly knocking on wood as I do), but was 1999 the last time we went undefeated in the ACC away from Cameron?*

*no comment about how the unbalanced schedule, including no trips to Charlottesville, Raleigh, or Coral Gables, may have aided our potential ability to do this.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Seth -- I would think it is easy to have a cold night, and just keep missing, but correctly noted, those shots were that much bigger because of that.

I thought Ryan hit a three at a moment when nobody, particularly Austin, seemed to want to shoot. Big for that reason alone.

The much maligned D showed up.

I'm going to go over to IC and complain about the refs now. What an atrocity of a game, and I don't think it was just Valentine.

I'm so glad I found ESPN in hockey-loving canada. This was one of my favorite games to watch this season. We showed the toughness to battle 5 on 8!

-c

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    7-0 now. With just a trip to Winston away from pulling off 8-0. I'm hesitant to mention it (and firmly knocking on wood as I do), but was 1999 the last time we went undefeated in the ACC away from Cameron?*

*no comment about how the unbalanced schedule, including no trips to Charlottesville, Raleigh, or Coral Gables, may have aided our potential ability to do this.

I thought the team showed a lot of heart tonight. Miles had a great game, Andre had a great game, Seth showed at the end of the game. The only negative is that Mason was the invisible man tonight.

Perfect set up for beating the Tarheels for the regular season title.

Nice win. Survive, improve, move on.

Either our defense improved dramatically, or they suck at offense. Still, great win and great hustle all over the floor tonight. We played with confidence at every position. Also, I was really impressed with our ability to survive FSU's runs and keep the crowd out of the game. If we play like this every night we might win another game or two...