Quote Originally Posted by cniedringhaus View Post
History has shown that one of the worst things a team can do is peak too soon. Has FSU peaked too soon and started a decline for the remainder of the year? I think so. They are talented and capable, but do they have time and the ability to regroup and be a factor in ACC tournament or NCAA tournament time? Unlikely.
I really hope you're joking. One game, in which they played very well by the way, dooms their "post-season prospects"? Really? When they beat us a few weeks ago, did that "put a fork in" our post-season prospects? It was one game. The only single game that dooms anybody's post-season prospects is when a team loses in the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
While I'm on this subject, Austin Rivers said something after the game last night that I thought was interesting--Andre's value comes not only from his own shooting but from his ability to keep defenses honest (those weren't Austin's exact words, but that's pretty much what he meant). If they have to guard him, that makes more opportunities for Austin, and for Seth and others. In some games where we don't see Andre scoring a lot it, he seems pretty well covered most of the time. If he is fully occupying a defender, maybe that is the role he needs to play in that sequence no matter how hard he is trying to get open on that particular play.
Yes! I have been saying this for some time. Andre is incredibly valuable on offense, even when he doesn't take a single shot. This is why, even when Andre was slumping earlier in the season, it was a bad call when people hoped Quinn and Michael would take Andre's minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
My "favorite" Dickie V. moment was when he announced that UNC would be cheering for Florida State. Eventually the other guy had to point out that, actually, it was in UNC's interest for Duke to win this game, odd though that might seem.
Well, in this case, I think Vitale was right. Whether or not it was in UNC's interests, you know they were cheering for FSU. It's not even a close case.