Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    ESPN has missed a couple of plays with some shoddy camera work.
    Windy City Devil

A couple of make-up calls for FSU for not calling curry travel. I can't stand it. Miles was in place.

Their big men are playing aggressive (in Dickie V's words) yet Gibson and James don't have a foul. Meanwhile, Mason has 3 fouls, 2 of which were pretty b/s, Miles and Kelly both have pretty weak fouls as well. I guess playing aggressive and fouling is an extremely fine line.

Tough calls going on in this one. At this rate our front line will be fouled out by halftime.

Not fair down low by the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    Their big men are playing aggressive (in Dickie V's words) yet Gibson and James don't have a foul. Meanwhile, Mason has 3 fouls, 2 of which were pretty b/s, Miles and Kelly both have pretty weak fouls as well. I guess playing aggressive and fouling is an extremely fine line.
    Too bad Len Elmore is not calling the game...I am sure he would love the way the game is being called against the Duke bigs by Big Game Teddy V.
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    A couple of make-up calls for FSU for not calling curry travel. I can't stand it. Miles was in place.
    No he wasn't. He was leaning to his right to hit White. It was a blocking foul. He got his feet set, but he had to lean in from there.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    Too bad Len Elmore is not calling the game...I am sure he would love the way the game is being called against the Duke bigs by Big Game Teddy V.
    Yeah, that would be all we need. Maybe K asks for Teddy V and Karl Hess to make us stronger come March but is there really nobody else? Does the ACC only employ two sets of refs or something. I find it hard to believe K can't petition to keep these guys as far away as possible. Teddy's ability to get caught up in games is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    No he wasn't. He was leaning to his right to hit White. It was a blocking foul. He got his feet set, but he had to lean in from there.
    But you still have Dre's mystery foul (I'm sure he did something which is why he got benched but I'm sure it was in retaliation), Miles tip out, Mason's post move, Mason's charge where he pulled up and was going back outside, etc.

This is beautiful. Miles looking more and more like Z. It's very weird if I do say so myself. Those tip-back offensive rebounds are huge for us.

11. Anyone know how I can watch this online?

What are the odds that Dell or Doc gets ejected by Teddy V for "verbally reminding him" during the game that his reffing tonight is incredibly inconsistent at the charitable end and just down right awful on the truthful end.
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Agreed on that one. But there's no doubt that both Miles and Mason have both been victims of very questionable whistles. This is magnified all the more by the ultra aggressive play of FSU on both ends of the court which has been completely overlooked by the officials. I don't expect this type of one-sided officiating to continue in the 2nd half (it rarely does), but *if* it were to happen and all three Duke bigs fouled out I'd bet the house Coach K would say something about it in the presser. And he never does that. But make no mistake, that first half was brutal in terms of the foul calls against our bigs versus the no-calls against their bigs. I'm just hoping the 2nd half is called evenly. That's all I'm interested in. FSU is a great team and if they beat us fair and square then fine. But if we see another '04 UConn situation I'll be disappointed. And right now with Miles and Mason having 3, and Ryan with 2, it's a distinct possibility.

Nice first half

I expected the team to show up and they did. Feels like we should be up more. Hope the foul trouble doesn't come to bite us. Proud of the energy and fight.

Inconsistent officiating...

1st half, our bigs = 9 fouls... Their bigs = 1 foul... A foul is a foul, so if you whistle it on one end of the floor, you need to whistle it on the other... Or, if you want to swallow the whistle, then do it on both ends of the floor... This is a tad ridiculous. At this rate, we'll be finishing the game with 5 guards...

If all those fouls were actually fouls on Duke, Seth Curry got fouled as time expired at the half.

The ACC has an officiating problem. Swofford needs to remind these jackholes noone buys a ticket to see them.

We need to keep hitting the boards and attack the rim more. FSU will adjust to take away Dawkins. We need to use him as a decoy and get in the paint.

If Ted Valentine works a Duke game, it is a guarantee to get the shaft from the refs. Someone said in a earlier posts the differential in fouls between our big men and theirs. Baffles me that Duke bigs have 9 combined fouls to FSU 1. And FSU bigs are applauded for such 'physical play.' I guess they are the greatest defenders/rebounders without fouling ever. What a joke

Mason struggling a bit. Foul trouble or not he hasn't been a factor at all. Maybe he is letting the Academic All American award get to his head a bit

Overall, very good first half. Dawkins was huge obviously. Another positive: only 5 turnovers by Duke and I don't know if any them led to tranistion points for FSU

Going to be a nail biter in the second half, gotta find some more scoring because Andre won't go for 18 again. We must be able to score from the post in the 2nd half, if we try to live by the 3 we will die

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    Anyone know how I can watch this online?
    Try Espn3 or one of those bootleg sites. Justintv maybe

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    But you still have Dre's mystery foul (I'm sure he did something which is why he got benched but I'm sure it was in retaliation), Miles tip out, Mason's post move, Mason's charge where he pulled up and was going back outside, etc.
    I replayed the dre foul. He straight up pushed the guy in the back right in front oF the ref.

excellent half

Kudos to Miles for excellent play. If we can keep the Brothers Plumlee on the floor for the whole second half are chances look good