Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gcashwell View Post
    I replayed the dre foul. He straight up pushed the guy in the back right in front oF the ref.
    Not sure of the timing of it, but at some point either just before that or just after that, either Cook or Thorton was absolutely thrown down by FSU's White (I believe after a made basket by the Seminoles). It was really blatant and in front of the refs and I couldn't believe it wasn't called. Anyone else see that one?

Quote Originally Posted by gotoguy View Post
    Kudos to Miles for excellent play. If we can keep the Brothers Plumlee on the floor for the whole second half are chances look good
    Totally agree - he gave the critical early spark

Good half on the road. Questionable officiating regarding who is allowed to be more aggressive but overall strong play from Duke. We absolutely cannot let them come out and get back in this thing.

I know you could say this about any one of our guys on a given night -- Austin or Seth in particular -- but, when Andre's in a rhythm, there aren't that many teams who can touch us. I'm now convinced, he's Larry Bird disguised as God.

What a half, Andre. All Day.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    If all those fouls were actually fouls on Duke, Seth Curry got fouled as time expired at the half.

The ACC has an officiating problem. Swofford needs to remind these jackholes noone buys a ticket to see them.

We need to keep hitting the boards and attack the rim more. FSU will adjust to take away Dawkins. We need to use him as a decoy and get in the paint.
    The first step to dealing with a problem is acknowledging that it exists. There seems to be no indication that the ACC powers-that-be admit that the poor refs they currently have in their rotation reflects poorly on the quality of basketball that the ACC is known for.
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Not sure of the timing of it, but at some point either just before that or just after that, either Cook or Thorton was absolutely thrown down by FSU's White (I believe after a made basket by the Seminoles). It was really blatant and in front of the refs and I couldn't believe it wasn't called. Anyone else see that one?
    There were only 3 people that didn't "see" that play...
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    There were only 3 people that didn't "see" that play...
    Well, there were 3 on the court that didn't see it. But there must have been some in the ESPN "truck" or the announcing booth too because there was no mention of it, nor a replay. Yet it seemed V-E-R-Y obvious to me.

I'm sorry but the foul calls have not been equal.

9. Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Try Espn3 or one of those bootleg sites. Justintv maybe
    Everyone on Justintv is showing the Knicks-Miami game!

Just called 3 fouls on F$U

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    I'm sorry but the foul calls have not been equal.
    F$U has gotten 3 fouls in the span of about 30 seconds...catch up time?

Not able to watch the game but can someone explain to me how all of our bigs are in foul trouble while none of theirs are? Aren't they known as a physical team?

Someone look at the trip on Rivers that went uncalled and tell me these guys are calling an honest game. It is not happening.

That was not a foul whatsoever on Dawkins.

Fouls are really starting to mount up. This is going to be a very ugly 2nd half the rest of the way, imho.

We have got to get a stop and respond here. This is one of those crucial points.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Someone look at the trip on Rivers that went uncalled and tell me these guys are calling an honest game. It is not happening.
    And the trip happened 3 feet in front of the official, he saw it no doubt. Valentine has always had it out for Coach K, it is well known across college basketball. If Duke is going to win this game, Mason must come through in the last 10 minutes with some kind of impactful contribution

Don't usually comment on quality of refs but this is absolutely horrible...coach K has been unusually reserved about it...must know it won't work against valentine...reverse psychology

Worse ref miss?

No call when snaer stepped rivers' ankle or tyler diving for the loose ball?

But I have faith in the refs (esp. T-valentine); they'll find a way to make a worse call

Can we please ask the playcaller to analyze this game? Thornton gets a foul for chasing a ball out of bounds but FSU doesn't get one for what just happened to Austin? UGH

Officiating

I really don't care for complaining about officiating....BUT how can TT get called for diving for a loose ball and Rivers gets manhandled in the same fashion and NO CALL????

I challenge anyone who complains that we always get favorable calls.