Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I know that this is high school, but this has to take the cake. Just watch. Charlotte Christian vs. Norcross several weeks ago... Say what you want about Maryland '01 or UNC a few weeks ago. This is the most miraculous Blue Devil win ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSean View Post
    The fact that Kobe nails a 3ptr before time expires makes this one even better.

But let's not forget Raymond Felton's spin move on a ghost and then alley-oop to the shot clock.

Sometimes a spin move will initiate a certain play. We used it when I played ball.

The correct answer is Javale McGee.

About 1:45 mark

That's just a few. Incredibly athletic. Incredibly dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by magjayran View Post
    The correct answer is Javale McGee.
    You are correct, sir.

The Javale McGee makes a boneheaded play video has become a meme of sorts. He's ridiculed on deadspin and in the Post often.
    Last edited by throatybeard; 02-22-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: fix tags
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Yep, was coming here to rep Javale McGee. He's raised dumb play to an art form.

Poor John Wall, playing with McGee, Blatche (an artist in his own right), and Nick 'deathly afraid of getting assists' Young.

What was even more stupid is that Martell Webster was defended on that shot and a foul could have been called (I've seen worse calls).

Quote Originally Posted by cmccoy11 View Post
    Sometimes a spin move will initiate a certain play. We used it when I played ball.
    I think you're right... it looks like the play was for #3 (who had passed the ball the Felton) to flash down the middle. He does, he's open, and if Felton doesn't completely whiff on the pass, he could have had an alley oop. So I think this is more execution rather than mental.

If he ain't amphibious, he ain't the dumbest.

But in big games, Webber and Brown take the cake as Lennies called. Carolina gets all the breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If he ain't amphibious, he ain't the dumbest.

But in big games, Webber and Brown take the cake as Lennies called. Carolina gets all the breaks.
    Just imagine, without those two plays, Dean Smith, the Zeus of the Carolina Basketball Pantheon, maybe retires with nada no (0) zilch zippo national championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    I think you're right... it looks like the play was for #3 (who had passed the ball the Felton) to flash down the middle. He does, he's open, and if Felton doesn't completely whiff on the pass, he could have had an alley oop. So I think this is more execution rather than mental.
    dangit, why you gotta burst my bubble? I liked it better when I thought Felton was a total idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Just imagine, without those two plays, Dean Smith, the Zeus of the Carolina Basketball Pantheon, maybe retires with nada no (0) zilch zippo national championships.
    Not to defend the heels or anything, but I think that's a bit revisionist. When Webber called the time out, Michigan was down two with 11 seconds, and he was doubled teamed by the sideline. I think Carolina was going to win that one regardless.

JaVale McGee

As if on cue, McGee served up this gem yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neBcgAnkpsE

My favorite part might be the announcer's reaction, not surprised in the least, just muttering "oh no, no" as it happens.