Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Jim Young (ACC Sports Journal) interviews Patrick Cacchio (Blue Devil Nation) to review Duke Spring Football:

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/jim-y...all-review.php

The talk of multiple QB formations to diversify the Red Zone offense is particularly interesting to me. QB, Safety and RB are our deepest positions, and the return game with Jamison Crowder should be dynamic.

September 1st and the season opener against FIU is only 126 days away.
    I for one am not a big fan of the QB shuffle. It just killed the momentum at times last year and it seemed everytime Boone came in they just ran the same play or version of the same play over and over. Didn't help in the redzone either.

I trust Cut knows a heck of a lot more about offense than I do but i really hope the play calling is more diverse in the redzone and the QB shuffle doesn't end up making the offense stagnant. I say pick a QB and ride him till he bucks you.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    I for one am not a big fan of the QB shuffle. It just killed the momentum at times last year and it seemed everytime Boone came in they just ran the same play or version of the same play over and over. Didn't help in the redzone either.

I trust Cut knows a heck of a lot more about offense than I do but i really hope the play calling is more diverse in the redzone and the QB shuffle doesn't end up making the offense stagnant. I say pick a QB and ride him till he bucks you.
    “I’ve always been a one-quarterback, pro-offense-style kind of guy, but I’ve always been willing to change, and the game has changed,” Cutcliffe said Wednesday
    http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/04/...#storylink=cpy

When I read that a couple weeks ago I had to laugh. I know there are a few, but it's hard to recall too many games when Cutcliffe (or any recent Duke coach, I swear, it's a requirement signed into their contracts) has not used at least 2 QB's. Obviously sometimes it needed due to injury...but think of all the plays we've seen with Asack, Connette, Boone...whoever...sent in to run the ball while our "passing QB" sits on the sidelines. Being a backup QB in Durham must be great, because you are just about guaranteed playing time.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."