Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "DiBD -- accept no substitutes"
    That's Coach's decision. I help with the scouting.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    That's Coach's decision. I help with the scouting.
    Coach should be happy to have you in any capacity. Holding down the front line of the tailgate line is pretty big as-is.

Getting excited already!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Thanks for the updates! Those of us away from Durham do not get the good info -- please keep it coming!
    Exactly. Like I said, I prefer getting my analysis from JimSum rather than KenPom.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Cut's press conference

Worth watching. Up for free at goduke:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

An FYI link

Let's go DUKE !!!

Duke Looking for More than a Bowl Game

It's a little early for full-on college football previews, but here's a short ESPN article looking at the state of Duke football and Cutcliffe's program-building focus:

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...than-bowl-game

And this one's about a week old, but offers some more tidbits, including the fact that Conner Vernon considered entering his name in the NFL draft:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/02/...earn-from.html

Following practice yesterday (Friday, March 2), spring break begins for students. Next session of spring practice will be March 14.

On another note, Peyton Manning may have been working out on campus yesterday and likely will be seen at tonight's basketball game with Carolina.

Haven't heard which recruits are on campus this weekend, but there are some who will be attending the basketball game.

GO DUKE!

Peyton definitely was on campus yesterday - they even had a little segment and video on SC last night about, which was nice.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Peyton definitely was on campus yesterday - they even had a little segment and video on SC last night about, which was nice.
    On the BB game broadcast they showed him and Coach Cut for quite a few seconds, sitting courtside, with Cut explaining something to him, and I think Bilas said he had it good authority that PM had been there for a few weeks training...

Great, great publicity for Duke FB.

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    On the BB game broadcast they showed him and Coach Cut for quite a few seconds, sitting courtside, with Cut explaining something to him, and I think Bilas said he had it good authority that PM had been there for a few weeks training...

Great, great publicity for Duke FB.

I heard they left at half time which given the score could have been either a fear of some sort of jinx, but I'd prefer to think they had a busy schedule. I also heard there were some Duke FB recruits in Cameron for the game. Great publicity to have a future HOF QB in the house. Maybe he has some words of encouragement for our QBs. How awesome it must be for Thomas Sirk who enrolls early and gets to see Peyton Manning work out at your school.

Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    I heard they left at half time which given the score could have been either a fear of some sort of jinx, but I'd prefer to think they had a busy schedule. I also heard there were some Duke FB recruits in Cameron for the game. Great publicity to have a future HOF QB in the house. Maybe he has some words of encouragement for our QBs. How awesome it must be for Thomas Sirk who enrolls early and gets to see Peyton Manning work out at your school.
    Peyton did not return after the half, but Coach Cutcliffe did. The seat beside him on his left was filled by someone else for the second half. I think Heath Shuler was the guy on Coach's right.

There were several football recruits in the very back of the bleachers behind the Duke bench. Coach Knowles, Coach Lubick and Coach Latina accompanied the them.

Conner Vernon

Duke WR Conner Vernon returned to practice with the rest of the team this week and spoke with BDN after: http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/03/t...s-in-with-bdn/

I wish Peyton well on his re-hab and return to the NFL. Nothing but respect and love.
    But should the day come where Cut hires him as an OC for Duke.... oh mama!
    That day cannot come fast enough.

Actually, Peyton did return during the 2nd half, but he sat in a different seat, second row of Sec. AA.

Second spring scrimmage report:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

Renfree was 14-17 with 3 TDs. I don't know whether to be excited Sean is clicking or worried our defense is porous. You can't win in a scrimmage.

EDIT: Highlights
    Bob Green

Thanks Bob! Nice to see that Josh Snead is playing this spring! I just learned 2 weeks ago that his aunt is a neighbor of mine! She's a carolina fan. ugh.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Thanks Bob! Nice to see that Josh Snead is playing this spring! I just learned 2 weeks ago that his aunt is a neighbor of mine! She's a carolina fan. ugh.
    Surely she pulls for her nephew in football!

Spring Game!

Here's a preview of Saturday's Spring Game: http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/03/b...-game-preview/

There's also a little from Juwan Thompson in this week's GoDuke Weekly.

Parking Info:
    On Saturday, March 31st Duke Football will host their annual Spring Football Game in Wallace Wade Stadium at 1:00 PM. Parking for the spring game will be free of charge and available on a first come, first serve basis around the stadium in the Whitford Drive Lot, Card Gym Lot, and Bassett Drive/Grounds Lot. If parking volume dictates, the 751 Lot will be opened as well.

Parking for persons with disabilities is available in the marked spots in Whitford Drive, Card Gym, and Bassett Drive/Grounds Lot. Accessible drop-off and pick-up points are available on Whitford Drive and Bassett Drive outside the West Gate of the Stadium. In addition, a six passenger shuttle for persons with mobility impairments will be available from each lot to the disability seating sections in Wallace Wade Stadium. If you need assistance in finding a six passenger shuttle – please contact an event staff member at the disability seating sections or in the parking lots.

For access to the parking areas, fans can enter campus at the intersection of Science Drive and NC 751 (Cameron Blvd, Erwin Road/Towerview Drive, or Duke University Road/Towerview Drive. Those using GPS systems should enter the address 110 Bassett Road, Durham, NC 27708.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Surely she pulls for her nephew in football!
    Yes, she does. But I didn't invite her to join the True Blue 'Cue Crew (fka Brunchgate) at our tent in Blue Devil Alley, which I was about to do before she dropped that bomb on me!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com