Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Philawolf,

With all the transfers and other comings and goings in college basketball, your site is the best way to keep things straight.

It's easy to see that Duke brought in what would normally be a monster class last year, except that we had a one and done, a transfer (who was promptly replaced), and two redshirts, so surprisingly enough a year later Quin Cook is the only member of the sophomore class. But there will be a two-man junior class next year, and we still have a potential monster class in Plumlee, Murphy, Sulaimon, and Jefferson.

I also had no idea that Duke was after so many recruits, but I guess that shows how much things have changed since the time when Coach K would zero in on a few recruits and manage to land most of them.

I don't know how you manage to do it, but keep up the great work.
    Actually, Hood will join the MP3, Murphy, Sulaimon, Jefferson class- to make it even more of a monster class. Cook will be the only junior. Thornton, Hairston and (hopefully) Dawkins- the original trio- will be the seniors. Duke is going to have some good continuity of upperclassman leadership in the coming years. By the time Cook is the only senior, we will still hopefully have Murphy and Plumlee with 3 years in the program under their belts. I could see Sulaimon and Hood leaving early out of the current "freshman" class, but I think we'll have a great senior class of Plumlee, Murphy and Jefferson one day. That's a pretty solid frontcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Great work Paul. As for Duke's 2014 offer situation, I'm not sure it has been confirmed that Pinson has a Duke offer. Also, it is possible that Justise Winslow has an offer but not sure about that one either.
    Thanks so much. I didn't see a Duke offer for Winslow on Scout, Rivals or ESPN, but if you have a link to an article showing a Winslow offer, I'd love an assist.

Scout is still showing no offer for Pinson, however Rivals and ESPN are. I've made the decision to be inclusive of offers shown on those sites rather than exclusive, so if one of those sites confirms the offer, I show it, rather than having to make sure that all 3 sites have the offer before I show it.

Rivals is reporting an offer with Duke in the lead for Pinson:
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...-Pinson-121427

ESPN is also reporting an offer from Duke:
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...78/theo-pinson

Quote Originally Posted by Philawolf View Post
    Thanks so much. I didn't see a Duke offer for Winslow on Scout, Rivals or ESPN, but if you have a link to an article showing a Winslow offer, I'd love an assist.
    http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=2&...2f1203249.html

The class of 2014 may very well be contingent on what happens in 2013, but Duke has a few offers out. Including a very recent one to Houston area star Justise Winslow. On Tuesday the five star prospect spoke to TDD about that offer and much more.
    Bob Green

Thanks Bob! I've added his offer. I'm not sure why he's not showing an offer in Scout's system yet.

Everyone enrolled?

Hey Blue Devils,

I'm in the process of updating my charts for the upcoming 2012-13 season, and I wanted to check to make sure all of your commits (Hood, Sulaimon, and Jefferson) have enrolled. I've also been tweaking the layout, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know. Or if there is something off on the chart too.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/duke

Thanks!
    Paul aka Philawolf

Edit to add:

One other note, you'll notice that I've added logos for all the schools, where possible on the individual team pages I've tried to use secondary marks, on the offer lists under each player I use the primary marks for each school. That's why you see the basketball Iron Duke logo on the Duke page, as opposed to the primary Devil Iron Duke mark. I just thought it would be cool to show off every team's secondary marks on their respective pages, since they tend to get underutilized for identification purposes.

Philawolf - Thanks for update. I think I'm right that you now need to change the HS 2013 "spots left" to 2. Maybe you forgot that Andre Dawkins is (we hope) coming back. That would make our 2013-'14 scholarship commitments: Seniors (3), Juniors (1), Sophs (5), Frosh so far (2) = 11, leaving 2 "spots left."

Addition

Sounds like you need to add Lyles to the offered list

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Philawolf - Thanks for update. I think I'm right that you now need to change the HS 2013 "spots left" to 2. Maybe you forgot that Andre Dawkins is (we hope) coming back. That would make our 2013-'14 scholarship commitments: Seniors (3), Juniors (1), Sophs (5), Frosh so far (2) = 11, leaving 2 "spots left."
    You're absolutely right, I need to make a coding adjustment to handle Seniors who are expecting to red-shirt the season, I'll add that to my to do list, and get back to you when its done.

Quote Originally Posted by dukejim1 View Post
    Sounds like you need to add Lyles to the offered list
    Done.

Thanks! Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Thanks for the catch, that issue has now been fixed.

Question Question

Have all of your commits (Hood, Sulaimon, and Jefferson) enrolled and been cleared to play at Duke?