Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Great site. On the Recruits pages, what does the word "missing" mean in front of the school name, e.g., "Missing Duke"? Also, on those same pages are the list of schools in a particular order?
    I fixed the "missing" issue, if you see it again let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    I have a correction for you: Todd Zafirovski is on scholarship this year, so there are 5 (rather than 4) scholarships out to the junior class.

It's really interesting to see schools' different recruiting approaches reflected in the numbers. For example, Duke may have about 4 available scholarships for the 2013 class, but we have just one commit and only two scholarship offers outstanding to the two most highly sought after players in the class. Compare that with Arizona, which according to the site, will have 3 more spots to fill, has 23 outstanding offers. Even an elite program like Kansas appears to have 2 spots to fill and 16 outstanding offers.
    Whoa. I did not even realize that other schools recruited like that. 23 outstanding offers? That's crazy! Our all-the-eggs-in-a-few-baskets strategy is a bit more stressful, probably, but also way easier to follow.

I wonder how many of those 23 offers are conditional, i.e. "we'll offer these three guys and take whoever accepts first." I know that Coach K has done that in the past but it doesn't seem like he has to do that much nowadays. The coaching staff invests a significant amount of time in a player before sending an offer, so they're understandably pretty selective about whom they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    I have a correction for you: Todd Zafirovski is on scholarship this year, so there are 5 (rather than 4) scholarships out to the junior class.
    I'd love your input on what the chart should show for players like Todd Zafirovski, who begin their career as walk-ons, and are awarded a scholarship for their hard work / good play in practice.

All scholarships are technically renewed on an annual basis, but nearly every school who promises a kid a scholarship out of HS, honors that scholarship for the length of that players athletic eligibility. For players like Zafirovski, when they are awarded a scholarship, it is usually with the understanding that it will only be renewed if the "recruited scholarship" players (as opposed to the "recruited walk-on" players) don't use up the remaining eligible scholarships. This is typically done so that a team can go after and sign the best class of incoming freshmen that they can. Given that fact, I've not included Zafirovski (and many other players like him) in the "scholarships" numbers, as I think to do so would give a misleading picture of how many scholarships are truly available.

Thoughts?

Just an FYI for anyone that was trying to access the site earlier today, there was an issue with the company that hosts the site, that is now resolved.

Hope #13 is happy with his limited role this year because he's very athletic and can really contribute to our team next year IMO.

Awesome resource, Philawolf! I, too, have bookmarked it.

You've probably already seen it, but seems you can take Nerlens Noel off the board for us, as he told K thanks for the interest but he plans to go elsewhere. So it's down to Shabazz, Jefferson, or Parker. Would love to see us land Shabazz, but any of the three would be a great pickup, so let's hope one decides to join Sulaimon in next year's class. My hunch is it will most likely be Jefferson (no inside info, just a gut feeling).

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    Awesome resource, Philawolf! I, too, have bookmarked it.

You've probably already seen it, but seems you can take Nerlens Noel off the board for us, as he told K thanks for the interest but he plans to go elsewhere. So it's down to Shabazz, Jefferson, or Parker. Would love to see us land Shabazz, but any of the three would be a great pickup, so let's hope one decides to join Sulaimon in next year's class. My hunch is it will most likely be Jefferson (no inside info, just a gut feeling).
    Thanks, I just updated Noel's status by hand, I'll have to look at why it wasn't getting updated automatically.

Oh, and I've now verified all of the rosters for the BCS schools. There might be a couple of minor corrections still, but if you wanted to start looking at other BCS schools you can be pretty confident the data is correct.

Really cool site. Handy not just for recruiting but also for schools current depth chart.

There doeznt seem to be a menu to navigate to the other acc schools, but if you change the 3 to 12 (in the url) you will get a yucky baby blue color displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Really cool site. Handy not just for recruiting but also for schools current depth chart.

There doeznt seem to be a menu to navigate to the other acc schools, but if you change the 3 to 12 (in the url) you will get a yucky baby blue color displayed.
    There should be a drop-down menu in the top right hand corner of the site to navigate to other schools. It's a little wonky, you have to click the "Go!" button next to it manually after you've selected a different school. I'm hoping to give it a nicer interface at some point.

Still having access problems at 4:30 Pacific Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    Still having access problems at 4:30 Pacific Time
    Ugh, yeah the site was down for a bit due to my provider Heroku, who is usually pretty reliable, but have been having problems lately.

I see that you live in the East Bay, I live by the Caldecott Tunnel, if you want to grab a beer and watch the ACC tourney let me know.

Edit to add, the site appears to be back up and running now. *crossing fingers*

Some Updates

Some Updates:

For those of you who were having issues with the size of the chart being too large and having to scroll left to right, I've made a fix so that viewing the page should be easier with no scrolling.

The rankings are now in lock-step with ESPN, Scout and Rivals. I've now put in place a process that checks for new rankings nightly, so they should stay in sync. I've also added the change between the current rankings and the previous rankings for each.

I've added a check for changes in the star value for each player's profile at Scout, Rivals and ESPN, so issues with the star values being "stale" for players should now be addressed.

I've added the team committed to for the player ranking pages, and addressed the issue where the 2013 rankings weren't showing up properly.

Another quick update:

I've now added the twitter feeds for every ranked recruit in the 2012 and 2013 classes whose twitter account I could find, and whose twitter account was open to the public.

For those of you who want to take their mind off of the Lehigh game, I'd thought I'd give you a quick update on the site.

I've added embedded youtube highlights (and/or interviews) on the player profile pages for every recruit ranked (either overall or at their position) in 2012, 2013, and 2014. There are a few exceptions where I couldn't find video highlights or interviews for the players, but I got >95%.

I've made some other tweaks as well for the colorblind, so the color coding has changed, I've also added a toggle feature for showing and hiding the overall and position ranks for each player, so that its easier to see the whole chart in one screen. Some other minor updates as well.

Duke | Verbal Commits

I continue to be impressed with what you've done. Really remarkable. Thank you!

Love it!
    I enjoy appearing to be smarter than I actually am so this is an excellent aide for that.

Major Overhaul to the site

Hey Blue Devils,

I just did a major overhaul to the site, thought I would get some more feedback from you guys.

Duke Basketball Scholarship Chart

Thanks!
    Philawolf
    aka Paul Pettengill

Great stuff

Philawolf,

With all the transfers and other comings and goings in college basketball, your site is the best way to keep things straight.

It's easy to see that Duke brought in what would normally be a monster class last year, except that we had a one and done, a transfer (who was promptly replaced), and two redshirts, so surprisingly enough a year later Quin Cook is the only member of the sophomore class. But there will be a two-man junior class next year, and we still have a potential monster class in Plumlee, Murphy, Sulaimon, and Jefferson.

I also had no idea that Duke was after so many recruits, but I guess that shows how much things have changed since the time when Coach K would zero in on a few recruits and manage to land most of them.

I don't know how you manage to do it, but keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Philawolf View Post
    Hey Blue Devils,

I just did a major overhaul to the site, thought I would get some more feedback from you guys.

Duke Basketball Scholarship Chart

Thanks!
    Philawolf
    aka Paul Pettengill
    Great work Paul. As for Duke's 2014 offer situation, I'm not sure it has been confirmed that Pinson has a Duke offer. Also, it is possible that Justise Winslow has an offer but not sure about that one either.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K