Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    I like this summary. The Playcaller articles are wonderful, and well-written. But he doesn't say why the fans were tossed out.
    Does anyone know the specific reason that Hess took the extreme, Roy Williams-esque, measure of removing those two ticket holders from the game?
    If this happened every other game or so, one could simply think, 'overexuberant fans'. But this surely seems to be unprecedented, and there seems to be nothing out there to help others of us who want to know just what NOT to do when Karl Hess is assigned to the game we have a ticket for.
    What line did they cross?
    Inquiring minds, and all that.
    Unless you're sitting in the rows behind the scorers' table, you should have no trouble.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    I like this summary. The Playcaller articles are wonderful, and well-written. But he doesn't say why the fans were tossed out.
    Does anyone know the specific reason that Hess took the extreme, Roy Williams-esque, measure of removing those two ticket holders from the game?
    If this happened every other game or so, one could simply think, 'overexuberant fans'. But this surely seems to be unprecedented, and there seems to be nothing out there to help others of us who want to know just what NOT to do when Karl Hess is assigned to the game we have a ticket for.
    What line did they cross?
    Inquiring minds, and all that.
    According to the official explanation that the ACC provided NCSU but did not make public (looks like an NCSU anonymous source did, though): "(t)hey were ejected for excessive demonstration on several calls as they came right up to the scorer's table. The policeman at the end of the FSU bench was warned that their continual excessive demonstration that incited the crowd would result in ejection".

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7595857/acc-reprimands-official-ejection-chris-corchiani-tom-gugliotta

The optics of the scene were that Hess flew off the handle and just picked these two guys and ejected them. But if he warned the police officer, it sounds like he identified a behavior he found problematic, and when it recurred he ejected them. This is, IMHO, a far different thing.

Furthermore. jumping up, encroaching the scorer's table, and inciting the crowd are all things people should have seen. and a police officer should provide a stellar witness that Hess provided warning that the former Pack player's behaviors were out-of-line (even if the officer did not pass the warning on to C&G).

This story should be a slam dunk to corroborate, I'm kind of surprised that it hasn't been. Unless, perhaps, the ACC/Hess and NCSU BOTH realize neither party has acquitted themselves well here, and just want to watch the whole thing die-- which it looks to me like is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    According to the official explanation that the ACC provided NCSU but did not make public (looks like an NCSU anonymous source did, though): "(t)hey were ejected for excessive demonstration on several calls as they came right up to the scorer's table. The policeman at the end of the FSU bench was warned that their continual excessive demonstration that incited the crowd would result in ejection".

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7595857/acc-reprimands-official-ejection-chris-corchiani-tom-gugliotta

The optics of the scene were that Hess flew off the handle and just picked these two guys and ejected them. But if he warned the police officer, it sounds like he identified a behavior he found problematic, and when it recurred he ejected them. This is, IMHO, a far different thing.

Furthermore. jumping up, encroaching the scorer's table, and inciting the crowd are all things people should have seen. and a police officer should provide a stellar witness that Hess provided warning that the former Pack player's behaviors were out-of-line (even if the officer did not pass the warning on to C&G).

This story should be a slam dunk to corroborate, I'm kind of surprised that it hasn't been. Unless, perhaps, the ACC/Hess and NCSU BOTH realize neither party has acquitted themselves well here, and just want to watch the whole thing die-- which it looks to me like is happening.
    Agree, I think they want it to die. I still don't buy the explaination. I think that the scorer table officials would be very capable of handling this without getting a floor official involved if they felt it needed to be addressed. The very easy explaination is that C&G were ragging Hess, Hess got tired of it and tossed them. I actually have little to no problem with that (other than Hess should be a little thicker skinned). It is always the cover up...