Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

State vs. Florida State

Karl Hess just tossed Tom Gugliotta. What is this guys major malfunction? How is he still allowed to be a ref?

Who was the second former player tossed out by Karl Hess?
    Bob Green

Chris Corchiani was the other.

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    Chris Corchiani was the other.
    Thanks!

Richard Howell was very demonstrative when called for his 5th foul. I'm a bit surprised he wasn't T'd up.
    Bob Green

Hess is clearly a man with issues. It seems like every game is about Hess proving that, as Hans Gruber said, "Make no mistake...we are in charge."

Wait, Hess tossed out former players? For what?

I'm tired of seeing coaches and officials take control of the stands. If it doesn't affect the play of the game (throwing stuff on the court) then they shouldn't get involved. If security sees something and deems it worthy of an ejection, let them handle it. Undoubtedly Hess heard something that he didn't like, probably about himself. But he's a ref, get over it. Same with Roy. Obviously this is a biased opinion currently because I loath Roy and Hess, but this is just getting ridiculous. Much worse things are said up in the bleeds, my comments during the game, aren't exactly nice.

Tom Gugliotta for the T-wolves was always my go to guy in NBA Live 95.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Wait, Hess tossed out former players? For what?
    Hess has lost it. Neither of those guys look anything like Daniel Ewing.

I've always said an official shouldn't be known. If I know you as an offical then you aren't doing your job. Hess, like Teddy Valentine, seem at times to be more interested in themselve making a spectacle and being seen than calling a game. Being a ref is a tough and at times thankless job. I get that but you've got to have a thick skin and if you are so preoccupied by what fans are saying to you how can you call an affective game?

When the refs really are out to get you...you aren't paranoid.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    ...if you are so preoccupied by what fans are saying to you how can you call an affective game?
    I know affective is a typo, but it's dead on. Affective is exactly the kind of gam Hess calls.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    I know affective is a typo, but it's dead on. Affective is exactly the kind of gam Hess calls.
    Ha yeah I guess he had an affect on the game but wasn't particular effective. As a result of my verb confusion Karl Hess has ejected me from the DBR boards.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    Hess has lost it. Neither of those guys look anything like Daniel Ewing.
    I'm blind.
    Not deaf.
    I'm still the #$%&ing ref.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    Ha yeah I guess he had an affect on the game but wasn't particular effective. As a result of my verb confusion Karl Hess has ejected me from the DBR boards.
    Only Dick Pooparo can eject you from 30 miles away.

(Well, I know Bob Green and Newton_14 and they could eject you from 30 miles away. Maybe even farther (much farther) in Bob's case. )
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I'm tired of seeing coaches and officials take control of the stands. If it doesn't affect the play of the game (throwing stuff on the court) then they shouldn't get involved. If security sees something and deems it worthy of an ejection, let them handle it. Undoubtedly Hess heard something that he didn't like, probably about himself. But he's a ref, get over it. Same with Roy. Obviously this is a biased opinion currently because I loath Roy and Hess, but this is just getting ridiculous. Much worse things are said up in the bleeds, my comments during the game, aren't exactly nice.

Tom Gugliotta for the T-wolves was always my go to guy in NBA Live 95.
    Maybe Hess thought they were rowdy Presbyterian fans?

Karl Hess tosses Gugliotta and Corchiani from stands at State game - in Raleigh

This should really light up the State boards, after the statistics on fouls that were posted previously. One would think that foul differential would tend to cluster around the mean. When one team consistently has a better foul differential than all the others, it is not surprising that some people would ask questions. And when the day after those stats are posted, two ACC legends are tossed from the stands by one of those officials, one could reasonably question whether there is some underlying problem. And when the conference commissioner is a graduate of the school that "gets all the calls" there is even more reason for question.

I have long thought that Hess is a tool. If as is reported there was no profanity, and the league takes no action, it will lend credence to reports that there is some favoritism in the officiating. And no league can long tolerate that.

Just wondering out loud. How long would it take to clear out all the Crazies?

Seriously, he has now brought attention to himself and as a result, I suspect that even games outside the ACC will result in lots and lots of verbal taunts being directed his way.

the refs bias

The NC State fans have it in their minds that they are always getting screwed by the refs. They see every game that way. The Duke loss was all about the refs -- even though State was called for just three more fouls than Duke. They are going nuts during the FSU loss even though they end up shooting 10 more free throws than the Noles. But point that out and they say, well against Duke they got our starters in foul trouble (never mind that they play a seven man rotation) and even with the favorable FT stats against FSU, I'm sure the average Wolfpack reaction is that they should have shot 20 more free throws than the Noles, not 10.

All that said, it's ridiculous that Hess would have two fans who weren't throwing things and weren't threatening anybody ejected. It's right up there with Roy having the Presbyterian fan tossed in Chapel Hill. RABBIT EARS!!!!

Still, I hate that it will reinforce the myth that the refs and ACC are out to get the Pack

BRW: Awesome finish in the meaningless Georgia Tech at Clemson game -- Udofia puts GT up 2 in OT afer an amazing shot with 5.3 seconds left, but the Hokies win on a buzzer-beaating 3.

Hess never does any games at Comcast Center...?