Did all of ya'll catch the sneaky tribal council vote last night? I wrote about it in my WSJ blog post.

But something strange happens in the post-show voting reveal. It turn out Mike was not voted out by an all-woman alliance. Instead Jay, Troyzan, and Leif all joined in voting Mike out while two of the women cast a pair of meaningless votes for Tarzan. Hmmmm. How did Kim convince the guys to turn on one of their own? What promises did she make to Jay, who is now the strongest man standing with Mike gone? There is stuff going on here that the show is not revealing to us. It may be that Kim is one of the best Survivor schemers of all-time and that she is trying to hide the female alliance from the guys. This show gets curiouser and curiouser.
How did Kim get Jay to vote out Mike? I just cannot figure that part of it out. I understand that she had convinced Troyzan that Mike was plotting against him, but how did she convince Jay?

And what was up with Christina and Alicia voting for Tarzan? Are they not part of what the other girls are thinking and plotting? A piece of me thinks that maybe Kim intentionally kept them in the dark in the hope that Jay and Troyzan would not realize an all-girl alliance was forming. Maybe the girls thought they needed to throw 2 random votes somewhere just in case Mike had an idol that he played. Considering Tribal Council produced an entirely expected result, I am utterly flummoxed at how that result came about.

-Jason "comment here and, if you feel like it, you can comment on my blog as well" Evans