Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I know this is a stretch.maybe some of the players realize taking colton to the end all but insures you a 50/50 shot at the prize.instead of trying to play and go against him at camp.i doubt it but its food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    I know this is a stretch.maybe some of the players realize taking colton to the end all but insures you a 50/50 shot at the prize.instead of trying to play and go against him at camp.i doubt it but its food for thought.
    It is waaay too early to be playing the end game. But, these fools may not realize that yet. If Colton makes it to the merge, the fact that he is detestable could ensure he plays the game a loooong time.

-Jason "at this point, the focus should be on making it to the merge with numbers on your side... not playing the end game" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I guess I would like to say that I was stunned by their move this week...but given Colton's previous decisions, that is clearly not the case.

So they vote off the strongest person on their tribe...because she's dangerous? What?

Barring an incredible upset, I see no way at all that they don't lose every immunity challenge until the merge...which likely means that they'll go in with Colton, and maybe 2 other people, and be outnumbered 7-3. The stud tribe has all the advantage right now, and Kimberly finding the immunity idol was huge. Chelsea and Kimberly are going far in this game for sure...and I actually think Michael might go far as well. He hasn't been shown much recently (usually a good sign), and he's too strong for the tribe to get rid of right now. Once the merge happens, he'll have a great chance at any challenge that involves strength. He could make it to the final 6 quite easily.

Agree with JE that Colton will be around for a while. He's definitely a jury member, at worst.

I think that the source of Colton's power is that everyone knows he has an immunity idol. All the genuflecting started when he revealed that. Somehow the possession of the immunity idol evolved from "I can't be voted off" to "I decide who goes next." It's happened in previous seasons as well.
    No soup for you!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    I think that the source of Colton's power is that everyone knows he has an immunity idol. All the genuflecting started when he revealed that. Somehow the possession of the immunity idol evolved from "I can't be voted off" to "I decide who goes next." It's happened in previous seasons as well.
    That and the fact that no one can afford to vote him off at this point. Prior to last week, he was part of an alliance that only had a 1 vote margin. This past week, after the shuffle he was again part of a core group of men that only had 1 more vote than the women. There has not really been a chance to vote him out.

The fact that he has the idol may work against him at some point. I can only hope!

-Jason "Colton's game is a lousy one to watch" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    That and the fact that no one can afford to vote him off at this point. Prior to last week, he was part of an alliance that only had a 1 vote margin. This past week, after the shuffle he was again part of a core group of men that only had 1 more vote than the women. There has not really been a chance to vote him out.

The fact that he has the idol may work against him at some point. I can only hope!

-Jason "Colton's game is a lousy one to watch" Evans
    You're right but there was a golden chance at the voluntary Tribal Council, and the men blew it. The men who were outside the Colton alliance could have recruited Leif, who thought he was being voted out, and voted Colton out. You noticed that when given the chance to play his idol, Colton just did his head thing to indicate boredom. That failure to even try to get Colton out makes me think that all of the men are dolts.
    No soup for you!

There are plenty of ways to vote out a player with the idol. All it takes is a more covert operation. Let's face it, Colton is not making any friends, except for maybe the half-crazed Tarzan whom he seems to have in his hop pocket. It wouldn't take much to gather a few people together to oust him. The big problem with that is going to the wrong person with the idea or have it somehow get back to him prior to Tribal. It's not easy and a bit dangerous but certainly plausible. Numerous people have had the idol, not played it and had their fire snuffed minutes later. I sorta believe he's not a target right now because he can be ousted in a moments notice due to his ineptness in challenges. He's not really a threat...yet... The thing I worry about right now is his alliance growing, solidifying himself in this game for weeks to come.

If the proclaimed "Greek Gods" continue on their merry way of destroying the "peasants", their first order of business after the merge better be to rid us, the viewership, of this foul young man.

A little of Colton goes a very, very long way.

My Survivor recap is up on the WSJ's site.

Highlights--

I try to feel sorry for (Colton)… I really do… but I can’t. Good riddance, you evil, little man. I only wish you had been blindsided and taken out by your tribemates rather than merely having to writhe in pain on the ground.
    Throwing is not something Colton or Alicia are good at. I relish their continued failure, as does Jeff Probst, who ridicules them a couple times. The “mighty” Salani tribe wins the challenge and they all shove as much ice cream as possible into their mouths. It is almost a religious experience for them.
    This was a really early time to merge. It almost always happens at 10, sometimes even at 9. I can't recall it ever happening with 12 players left (though the silly Redemption stuff may have fiddled with those numbers).

-Jason "I sense that the women were a bit more fractured than the men -- though Tarzan appears ready to go insane next week" Evans

Ohmygod, the comments section of my article is hysterical! People are just ripping on Colton!!

If I was Christina, I would have whizzed on Colton as he laid there in pain….maybe taken a dump on him for good measure, and then NOT gone to get help!
    -Jason "enjoy!" Evans

Absolutely wonderful. just when i thought they had gotten rid of the most vile character on survivor.alicia turns and does everything, but cast a voodoo curse at colton for having appendicitis .then it all went down after he told christina she could jump in the fire if it was convenient for her.karma.the merge probably saved alicia for a few weeks.if i was christina i would have not been as kind.

I'm happy and sad at the same time this morning. Colton medevaced out was certainly a high for me but I'm a little torn on the way he left the show. I desperately wanted him voted off, if nothing else to see that smug lil face of his get told by an overly zealous Jeff Probst that the tribe had finally spoken. Good riddance. I will admit when they pressed on his stomach and his heartbeat doubled, I yelled out, "press it again, press it again!!!" My bad... Alicia needs to be next and when that happens, I'll finally be able to kick my feet up, imbibe an adult beverage and watch the show rather than having to search the house gathering ammo for hurling at the tv at every sight of that vile man and Alicia.

Nice job on the write-ups Jason, good stuff man.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug.I.Am View Post
    I'm happy and sad at the same time this morning. Colton medevaced out was certainly a high for me but I'm a little torn on the way he left the show. I desperately wanted him voted off, if nothing else to see that smug lil face of his get told by an overly zealous Jeff Probst that the tribe had finally spoken.
    Yeah, that was both satisfying and not at all satisfying. It's great that he's gone for the rest of the season ... but you have to suspect he will be brought back in another season, and even if not he will be smug enough to believe he would have run the tribes until the end. A blindside vote would have been much sweeter.

Hard to believe that Alicia is a special ed teacher!
    No soup for you!

Yeah, that was both satisfying and not at all satisfying.
    Agreed with both of you. Now he can tell himself, and you know he won't shut up about it at the reunion, that he had the game in the palm of his hand, and was a sure winner but for the illness. I really wanted to see him lose of his own volition.

Hard to believe that Alicia is a special ed teacher!
    Seriously. Everytime they put that on the screen, I just scratch my head. Obviously what we see on a show like this isn't a fair indication of a person's real personality, but I'd never peg her as someone working with special needs individuals.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

This was a really early time to merge. It almost always happens at 10, sometimes even at 9. I can't recall it ever happening with 12 players left (though the silly Redemption stuff may have fiddled with those numbers).
    Can't say I'm a fan of the shifts in the game this year. I didn't like the shuffle they did 2 weeks ago as I thought it didn't allow the men time to regret a colossally stupid move in moving off Bill, but the redeeming value in the shuffle would have been the experiment of whether people would go back to their old tribe or stick with the new after the merge, but with a merge only a few days later that opportunity is now wasted as well. Seems like the show is over-reacting and deviating from the normal pattern, but I can't seem to understand why of if there is any entertainment benefit.

Colton will definitely be back in an all star game, and will be voted off first (and that will make me happy).

What is up with Christina? From a viewer's perspective she seems perfectly nice and normal, but I don't understand what she has done to be on the outs with the first women's tribe, so hated by Colton and Alicia, and also disliked by Tarzan? Sure Colton, Alicia and Tarzan may not be the best barometers of a person's character, but is more going on behind the scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    What is up with Christina? From a viewer's perspective she seems perfectly nice and normal, but I don't understand what she has done to be on the outs with the first women's tribe, so hated by Colton and Alicia, and also disliked by Tarzan? Sure Colton, Alicia and Tarzan may not be the best barometers of a person's character, but is more going on behind the scenes?
    I think that if you are not inside an alliance, you are an outsider and they just don't like you. It would be hard to like someone you were about to vote out and the outsiders are always about to be voted out.

But, there may be more. She sure seems to be getting a nice edit though I recall a few episodes ago that she seemed to rub Alicia the wrong way. Those two may have had a bit of a power struggle that Christina lost.

-Jason "I could see all the guys plus Christina taking on all the girls plus Tarzan in the post-merge world" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Jason's right, if you're not in their alliance, you're not liked and it's difficult to change that. If they want you off, you're gone(assuming they have the numbers obviously). But I'd like to add that I've never see more villainous people than those two on this show. Just let the woman be. There's no need to keep twisting the knife. If I were Christina, I wouldn't have taken that verbal assault at the fire nearly as well as she did. And when that poor, nasty, foul young man became ill, I'd be the first to sprint over and ask where it hurts.

If they allow Colton back on, I want EVERY challenge to involve throwing!

I think that if you are not inside an alliance, you are an outsider and they just don't like you. It would be hard to like someone you were about to vote out and the outsiders are always about to be voted out.

But, there may be more. She sure seems to be getting a nice edit though I recall a few episodes ago that she seemed to rub Alicia the wrong way. Those two may have had a bit of a power struggle that Christina lost.

-Jason "I could see all the guys plus Christina taking on all the girls plus Tarzan in the post-merge world" Evans
    Jason's right, if you're not in their alliance, you're not liked and it's difficult to change that. If they want you off, you're gone(assuming they have the numbers obviously). But I'd like to add that I've never see more villainous people than those two on this show. Just let the woman be. There's no need to keep twisting the knife. If I were Christina, I wouldn't have taken that verbal assault at the fire nearly as well as she did. And when that poor, nasty, foul young man became ill, I'd be the first to sprint over and ask where it hurts.

If they allow Colton back on, I want EVERY challenge to involve throwing!
    I understand that once she's out of the alliance they have no reason to be nice to her (though no one has reason to be as obnoxious as Colton and Alicia), my question was more WHY is she out of the alliances so quickly? Seems like the women at the outset didn't like/trust her almost immediately, and even Tarzan, who I don't think is playing alliances at all, had a lot of nasty things to say about her. Not a huge issue, but just a little surprised that someone who seems like they might be strategically smart would have exactly 0 friends on two tribes? Guess the brakes just work that way sometimes.

Please don't even suggest that this might happen!!!

If they allow Colton back on, ...
    Wow, what an unpleasant thought!
    No soup for you!

My latest recap on the WSJ's blog can be found here.

Laundry time and Tarzan asks some folks to wash his underwear, leading to one of the most disgusting mysteries in Survivor history – did Tarzan poop his pants? Tarzan’s last word is, “if it is in boiling water, it does not matter if it is poop.”Ummm, guess what Tarzan? If you have “poop pants” it is really gross, regardless of whether you boil them or not.
    There is no question in my mind that Tarzan did have poop in his pants. I mean, they don't have any toilet paper out there in the woods with them and wiping with leaves just does not work that well.

It was a weird tribal council but the bottom line is that all the folks who were originally going to vote out Jonas stuck to their guns. I am not sure if the guys notice it, but all the women join in the Jonas vote, including the ones who used to be on Manano. Hey men, you just gave the women the advantage! Good luck getting that advantage back.
    I am a little shocked that the guys who were in Salani -- Tryozan, Jay, and Michael -- did not recognize that they were giving the women a huge advantage. There were already more women than men in the Salani alliance. Jay and Troyzan should have asked that the women take out a Manano woman first, as a show of good faith, before taking out Jonas or Tarzan or Leif. I would think that Christina or Alicia would be an easy target.

I am fairly sure we are going to see the women target the strong men pretty soon. If Troyzan lets it be known that he has an idol, he is going to get booted very quickly as he will be seen as a big threat. I won't be at all surprised if Leif is the last man standing. He would be smart to start getting himself close to Kim, Sabrina, Chelsea, and maybe Kat -- who are going to be running this game very soon.

-Jason "poopy pants should have been the title of this episode" Evans

My latest recap on the WSJ's blog can be found here.

There is no question in my mind that Tarzan did have poop in his pants. I mean, they don't have any toilet paper out there in the woods with them and wiping with leaves just does not work that well.

I am a little shocked that the guys who were in Salani -- Tryozan, Jay, and Michael -- did not recognize that they were giving the women a huge advantage. There were already more women than men in the Salani alliance. Jay and Troyzan should have asked that the women take out a Manano woman first, as a show of good faith, before taking out Jonas or Tarzan or Leif. I would think that Christina or Alicia would be an easy target.

I am fairly sure we are going to see the women target the strong men pretty soon. If Troyzan lets it be known that he has an idol, he is going to get booted very quickly as he will be seen as a big threat. I won't be at all surprised if Leif is the last man standing. He would be smart to start getting himself close to Kim, Sabrina, Chelsea, and maybe Kat -- who are going to be running this game very soon.

-Jason "poopy pants should have been the title of this episode" Evans
    Ok, first of all Jason, TMI on Tarzan's poopy pants and why you think they were actually soiled... For the record, I agree.

You know, I was thinking that maybe, just maybe the guys are getting what they deserved for voting off one of their own. Are they not bright enough to realize this could potentially be a game changing decision by voting off yet another guy in Jonas? Secondly, why vote him off anyhow and keep Tarzan around. Neither are threats in this game as far as I can see and Jonas actually did something while Tarzan just annoys people. If it were me, I'd sack Alicia, but I'm a bit biased. If the girls want to run this thing for the next several weeks, they have the numbers to do so.

Question of the week - why did they send Leif to build a tunnel for the rest of the tribe to go through? That didn't work out so well, did it.