Thread: Act of Valor

Act of Valor

Thoughts? I saw it over the weekend and was impressed. I thought it was good but you have to know going in it's not winning an academy award any time soon! Real life Navy Seals are the main characters in the movie which on one hand make it great and on the other hand make it not so great.
    Having real Seals makes for super realistic, awesome combat scenes but also make you cringe a little when they have to actually act. Overall, I thought it was pretty awesome to see some of the things an actual Seal might do in battle. They used live ammunition and used the Seals direction for how they would actually carry out the missions, so you won't see a better representation of how these guys are in action.

I would recommend it and definitely thought it was worth the price of admission.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Saw it last night and enjoyed it too. The action sequences were great, especially the first part where the CIA lady was rescued. I did slightly cringe when some of the "actors" were delivering their lines. You could tell they were not professional actors. But all in all, a great story and fine realistic action.
    Tom Mac