[Imported from UNC pre-game thread, as discussion of how several ACC teams will end up, and which team Duke might get in ACC semis, seems more appropriate here.]

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
I think UVa, with the injuries to Sene and Harris, just doesn't have the weapons to beat us. They can make the game ugly, and if Evans is getting in the lane or Zeglinski gets hot they can be a threat. But I'm more concerned about FSU's depth and defense than UVa.

I can certainly see cases made for State and Miami. I think UVa's threat is less than the other two. And I think we should beat any of the four. But I'd much rather face one of those middle three than FSU. And that's not even considering that we could face a #5 seed who has played two games the previous two days (very relevant for State and UVa who lack depth and Miami who could have a worn-out Reggie Johnson).
Agree with you re facing a #5 seed, and perhaps before you replied to my post, I had added an edit to that effect.

I'll probably come pretty close to agreeing with you - even if I'll continue to hedge on "much rather" - if FSU wins @ UVa this eve. No news re Sene returning, so UVa definitely short-handed. Even so, they looked better than FSU last weekend, giving Heels a strong challenge, while FSU seemed almost lethargic v. Reggie-suspended Miami. Maybe just another example of "Duke gets everyone's best shot". Miami didn't get FSU's best shot, for sure.

I'm perhaps overrating UVa, as I've been impressed with their remarkable consistency in a season marked by major transfer and injury disruptions. I thought Sene's injury would doom them, and it may still do just that. In fact, if they lose this eve, they could end up 8-8, and either 6 or 7 in ACC.