Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    against FSU we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory ... tonight we it was our turn to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. What a stellar stellar comeback performance!!!!!!!
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

K's post-game comments

Unbelievable how he is able to keep everything in perspective after something like this. He led by noting that he thinks Carolina is the better team.

We are blessed.

Only time we're ahead in the second half is with 0.0 seconds on the clock!

THAT'S what I'm talking 'bout!

Mea Culpa

I admit it. With eight minutes to go, there was no rational way to think we were coming back, so I packed up my office and headed home. Won't be doing that again.

I will watch the replay on my iPad as soon as ESPN loads it.

Damn. That was extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    ok...so how was that not simply called goal tending and the 3 points put up...the ball was on the way down, and would have hit the rim momentarily if Z doesn't get a hand on it...is there such a rule that you can touch the ball on the way down toward the basket if the official believes it wouldn't have gone in?
    I was thinking the same. My guess is that it was because the shot was so far off that it had no chance to go in... unless Zeller tipped it in, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    There are quite a few nattering naybobs of negativity from the game thread who should be stepping forward but nevermind them. I can't wait for ESPN3 to cue up the replay!
    I was sure questioning the effort at some points, but the end of that game showed me what the kids have inside. Really a gutsy win.

ok...so how was that not simply called goal tending and the 3 points put up...the ball was on the way down, and would have hit the rim momentarily if Z doesn't get a hand on it...is there such a rule that you can touch the ball on the way down toward the basket if the official believes it wouldn't have gone in?
    it was outside the cylinder...maybe it would have hit the rim...it was close...and you can't fault the refs its a very very tough call to make..
    April 1

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    I thought the same thing initially, but on the replay, Zeller tips it in front of the basket and slightly below, so no goaltending.

Duke would be unstoppable if it had Tyler Zeller on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Devil View Post
    Duke would be unstoppable if it had Tyler Zeller on the inside.
    capel can't coach big men. :P

expect mason to be PISSED coming into round two next month
    April 1

Just watching Sports Center...showing multiple replays of Austin's shot from different angles.

The crowd shots are absolutely priceless.
    Talk about stunned.

Channeling Bill Raftery

" . . . ONIONS!!!!! . . ." Oh, how I hate to love Austin -- the guy is going to kill me before the year is over

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    That's hilarious but I really wish Henson or Barnes had tipped in the shot. I would enjoy it much more. I feel a little sorry for Zeller even though I know in my heart that no Heels are worthy of pity

WOW

THat was a great comeback. We never looked rattled. Big ups to Mase with the steal that lead to Currys 3. Play of the game besides Rivers last shot. I love how SubZero sized Zeller up then tear dropped.

I cant believe all you guys were giving unc that much credit in the other thread. Saying it was going to get ugly. WTHeck? All of yall should be ashamed. UNC aint that good. If Henson aint pulling 17fters out his u know, Duke wins going away.

Now FSU lost and we got to go there and get them back. Who next? Hopefully this propels us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Just watching Sports Center...showing multiple replays of Austin's shot from different angles.

Talk about stunned.
    love the duke fan in the fifth or so row right along the aisle jumping up and down when it went in. Braving hell to root for the blue and white!
    April 1

Haven't looked at the thread yet so I apologize if I'm repeating something, but one thing that was huge and pretty underrated was Tyler committing the last foul. He fouled out with it and gave Coach K a free timeout (that we didn't otherwise have) to gather everyone and outline the last play. Is Austin able to get Zeller on him otherwise, who knows, but that was pretty key.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I thought the same thing initially, but on the replay, Zeller tips it in front of the basket and slightly below, so no goaltending.
    I still don't understand that call. I assume that Ryan Kelly got credit for the bucket. This may be the only instance where I've seen a player shoot the ball from beyond the arc and only get 2 points for the shot.

It would be great for someone with reffing experience to explain the logic behind that call.

One heck of a win tonight by the good guys!

Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Talk about stunned.
    I love the angle that shows Seth wildly waving his arms and telling Austin to go.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy Duke View Post
    ... give credit to K and the assistant coach that apologized for the celebration.
    for those of us watching at home any first hand accounts of what happened that required an apology by Duke? i mean the pile-on is pretty understandable. on tv i did see in the corner of the screen it looked like Quinn popped the jersey to the crowd. we've certainly seen worse in CIS by a visitor.

btw, at a game like this (never seen a finish like this in person) do the teams end up shaking hands eventually on court? do just the winning coaches shake hands with the other team? no idea what the protocol is. i'm sure it's a little different when's there is court storming too - which there obviously isn't when it's the visitors who win dramatically

Replay is Up

on espn3.com and Watch ESPN app.