Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Two words...

Austin...FREAKIN'...Rivers!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtDevil View Post
    Can anyone on this board honestly say that this season is going to end well? We played above our heads early and the lack of athleticism, defense and interior play is finally coming home to roost. This team just doesn't have it and there are no buttons that K can push to make them have it. Being slow, small, weak and mental doesn't change because we want it to. The Plumlees get owned everytime we play strong competition and unless we are crazy hot from the 3, this team won't make it past the first round, as we are now a 4 or 5 seed at best. It's a shame, we have talent but the makeup of this team is pathetic, and that is a coaching problem. Recruit stars, recruit athletes, it's just amazing to me. Missouri and Baylor have better athletes than we do. Something needs to change.

Oh, and so we all get a taste of reality, next year doesn't look any different. Same team, same inferior athletic ability, zero big time athletic recruits. And that just shouldn't happen.
    Um see 2010 Championship Team. You have excellent points, but the same has been said in previous seasons. Often times correctly, but then there was 2009-10. Remember only one team's season ever ends well in College Bball.

Sigh. So many missed FTs.

Just terrible from the stripe

Okay we need JJ to come give a FT clinic to everyone on the team. This is now becoming a serious issue. Missed 8 of 21 thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtDevil View Post
    Can anyone on this board honestly say that this season is going to end well? We played above our heads early and the lack of athleticism, defense and interior play is finally coming home to roost. This team just doesn't have it and there are no buttons that K can push to make them have it. Being slow, small, weak and mental doesn't change because we want it to. The Plumlees get owned everytime we play strong competition and unless we are crazy hot from the 3, this team won't make it past the first round, as we are now a 4 or 5 seed at best. It's a shame, we have talent but the makeup of this team is pathetic, and that is a coaching problem. Recruit stars, recruit athletes, it's just amazing to me. Missouri and Baylor have better athletes than we do. Something needs to change.

Oh, and so we all get a taste of reality, next year doesn't look any different. Same team, same inferior athletic ability, zero big time athletic recruits. And that just shouldn't happen.
    Yes, I can.

There are a bunch of upstanding, talented ballplayers representing my school. They might be having a tough season compared to our artificially lofty standards. (I'm still not completely convinced of even that.) K is still working this team. Remember the Zoubek transformation, only two years ago? And remember when our program was dead in the water in the summer of 2009?

So yes, I can honestly say that this season will end well. I can't honestly say we're going to the Final Four. But I am happy to be part of our program.

And maybe I'm just tense because of the game, who knows. But your comments make me seethe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    Has the team missed 6 so far this half?
    Give them time... but hard to miss more than what they've missed after missing front ends of one and ones.

FTs

this is a 5-6 point game right now if they're hitting FTs

I can say this with confidence, this is NOT K's fav Duke squad. Hope he hits the recruiting trail with vengeance.

Carolina wouldn't have such incredulous looks after fouls if they hadn't been getting away with so many earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Yes, I can.

There are a bunch of upstanding, talented ballplayers representing my school. They might be having a tough season compared to our artificially lofty standards. (I'm still not completely convinced of even that.) K is still working this team. Remember the Zoubek transformation, only two years ago? And remember when our program was dead in the water in the summer of 2009?

So yes, I can honestly say that this season will end well. I can't honestly say we're going to the Final Four. But I am happy to be part of our program.

And maybe I'm just tense because of the game, who knows. But your comments make me seethe.
    Reality says this team is average at best right now

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    By definition average means a .500 record.

This is a good team that may or may not figure it out this season.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    In that case, I'm glad we live in different realities.

This game is tough for all of us, but let's maintain perspective.

No one can say we're not playing with passion. We're shooting junk for free throws but at least competing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by HateCarolina View Post
    Um see 2010 Championship Team. You have excellent points, but the same has been said in previous seasons. Often times correctly, but then there was 2009-10. Remember only one team's season ever ends well in College Bball.
    losing competitively in the tournament is a far cry from the way duke has typically lost in the tournament recently

arizona
    villanova
    vcu

We have had our fair share of season endings which were a far cry from satisfactory...not that things can't change, but i don't think its fair to say a teams tournament can't be good if they don't win the tournament...I would think both UNC and UK must have overall been pleased with their showings in the tournament despite not being champions.

ps we're going to lose this game as of now
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    By definition average means a .500 record.

This is a good team that may or may not figure it out this season.
    I said right now

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Yes, I can.

This. Amen, brother. Let's go DUKE!
    WWJDD?

Sweet! An over the back call... oh wait... it was on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    I can say this with confidence, this is NOT K's fav Duke squad. Hope he hits the recruiting trail with vengeance.
    Agree. If K pulls a good class, a lot of these guys might be seeing a real drop in minutes.

Does anyone else look in the stands and feel nauseous?