MBB: Missouri 74, Kansas 71

I am rooting for Kansas since I think it would make our victory over them look that much more impressive but, wow, they are trying to give it away after grabbing an 8pt lead with like 2:30 to go. Robinson has been an absolute beast in the 2nd, but he made a boneheaded play with that big lead by trying to score early in the shot clock. Looks like they may just choke it away now as they're down 1 with 22 secs to go. Great game though - Mizzou has some shooters!

Geez, what a choke job by the Jayhawks! Gave up an 11-0 run to lose it by three. Would have been huge for them to have won at Mizzou.

Mizzou's victory was aided by a bogus charge call on Robinson with under 2 minutes to go. IMO

Also, when Robinson dunked earlier and then flexed his arms and started yelling, why was there no techincal foul?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    Also, when Robinson dunked earlier and then flexed his arms and started yelling, why was there no techincal foul?
    Because somewhere, Daniel Ewing just got 3 technicals to make up for it.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Mizzou's victory was aided by a bogus charge call on Robinson with under 2 minutes to go. IMO

There was no T because hess was not the ref and Duke was not involved.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    There was no T because hess was not the ref and Duke was not involved.
    I find myself noticing every dunk now where guys hang on the rim and there is no technical foul called and also the amount of taunting/in your face stuff and there is no technical foul called. So which Duke player will get a techincal on Wednesday? Place your bets!

disagree

The replay clearly showed him slamming his elbow into the defender's chest to clear a lane to the basket...his arm didn't extend, but it was a clear charge I thought.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing! SOOOO much worse than what Andre did the other night against VT. If what Robinson did isn't taunting, I don't know what is.

I was at a fundraiser trivia night thing for my wife's school, with quite a few MU grads. The trivia contest (we won, thanks almost entirely to the dude who teaches shop) ended with about 3m left. Kansas never scored again (71-63) after people turned their attention to the one tv in the venue. That one cat, Denmon, was out of control.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I think Missouri may have the inside track on a #1 seed... they get Baylor at home (after winning in Waco) and have to go to Phog (but a split with KU probably won't cost them, if they fare well in the Big 12-ish tourney after)... The Baylor / KU game Wednesday night should be a good one and may impact things down the line.

That was a TREMENDOUS conference game. KU had it sewn up but couldn't escape the road game goblins...dicey calls, missed FTs, poor shot selection, hot shooting home team...etc. Frank Haith must be thinking, "Wow, this is a lot cooler than Miami..."

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I was at a fundraiser trivia night thing for my wife's school, with quite a few MU grads. The trivia contest (we won, thanks almost entirely to the dude who teaches shop) ended with about 3m left. Kansas never scored again (71-63) after people turned their attention to the one tv in the venue. That one cat, Denmon, was out of control.
    Yes Denmon really stepped it up after going through a several game shooting slump. That corner three he hit was tough! Feel great for the kid and for Missouri -- Nice to see someone other than Kansas have a shot at the B-12.

Also did anyone catch the end of the Creighton game...that was wild. Guy hits 3 to put Creighton down by 3 with a few seconds. Creighton comes back and bangs a 3 to tie...then the same guy dribbles down hits a STEP-BACK three point shot with a defender in his face to beat Creighton -- this is with the great subplot of the the Creighton coach and his son leaving that Iowa school to go to Creighton.

I also thought it was a charge. If the defender is standing still, I don't think the offensive player has to hit him square in the chest for it to be a charge. Maybe I missed something, but defender had position and Robinson bowled him over (even if he just hit the right side of his body). I actually thought the charge on Taylor at the end was more questionable because it looked to me like the defender leaned into Taylor.

Also, on the Technical, it didn't look like Robinson directed his taunt at any one particular player (contrasted to Dawkins). I know it may be a minor point, but perhaps that was the difference. Now, Keen (?? the white shooting guard for KU) was definitely taunting an MU player after his 3 from the corner, and that didn't get called.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.