Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Worst I've seen us play all year. To a man, except a few plays by Austin.

My oh my oh my.

Only Rivers came to play. Looks like everybody else was looking forward to the UNC game.
    No rebounding, and we've turned into a 1-on-1 team, and we only have one player who can do that. Rivers. and he is playing well,
    Our frontcourt is getting embarrassed.

This is painful. We look slow.

I have no excuses to make for this team. Disgraceful at this point. If anyone says "looking ahead to Carolina" is ridiculous. This team isn't good enough to look ahead one second in a game. What a joke this team is right now. Sooooo disappointed in the veterans of this team.

Turn it around Duke

Yikes. Hope the wheels aren't coming off entirely. On defense we simply cannot contain the opposing PGs (we haven't done that for most of the year, but it's getting worse instead of better), and it's just killing us every which way. And if it's not the point driving and dishing, it's us getting burned on backdoor cuts (it's happened at least twice here in the first half). I expect we'll make a run in the 2nd half and find a way to win. But overall I've seen the defensive lapses too many times this season. Not sure we have an answer to it at this point.

I am especially disappointed coming off the VT game. Can't believe that we have already reverted to such bad defensive form after 1 game. We might lose by 25 at this rate!

wow. This is looking like UNC FSU. We look that bad. If we can box out better and shoot better, we might only lose by single digits.

23-6 run to end the half and not one timeout called? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Yikes. Hope the wheels aren't coming off entirely. On defense we simply cannot contain the opposing PGs (we haven't done that for most of the year, but it's getting worse instead of better), and it's just killing us every which way. And if it's not the point driving and dishing, it's us getting burned on backdoor cuts (it's happened at least twice here in the first half). I expect we'll make a run in the 2nd half and find a way to win. But overall I've seen the defensive lapses too many times this season. Not sure we have an answer to it at this point.
    Wow, where did the intensity from the VT game go?

I hope K gets them fired up in the locker room.

I'm having FSU flashbacks...

This team is just too slow to play pressure defense. Either that or they are soft/have no heart desire on the defensive end.

we couldn't box

out a ghost...that last play was a great example...Mason standing straight up under the basket

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    wow. This is looking like UNC FSU. We look that bad. If we can box out better and shoot better, we might only lose by single digits.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    23-6 run to end the half and not one timeout called? Really?
    Are you knew here? This is what K does. Saves his TOs (except the 30 second) for the 2nd half. Regardless of what happens.

Meanwhile, I've seen better halves. Wish I was a fly on teh wall for that locker room.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

This team gives us matchup problems; big horse to jam up the middle on D, quick players who
    are good drivers. Reggie's got our inside game pretty much shut down. May be a long afternoon.

Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    . Wish I was a fly on the wall for that locker room.
    I wish I had stayed on the ski slopes. -- sage

Totally dominaetd in the first half. Everyone except AR got whipped. Out-quicked, out-muscled out-shot and out-hustled. Hopefully good Duke comes out for the 2nd half.

Defensively I'm not sure one Duke player deserves a passing grade in that first half. Just about everything I saw from both our frontcourt and backcourt was horrible on defense. And it really wasn't any better on offense, other than our one and only bailout which is Austin going one on one. Other than that, we didn't do much of anything positive on the offensive end in the first half. Nothing at all from our bigs on the few occasions they got the ball in the post. And since most of the guards appear to be "off" with their shooting touch from distance, I'm not sure we've got any answers.

You can bet K is going to give this team another tongue lashing, but at this point I don't know how much good it will do. He just played that card last week, and if this team can forget that so quicly and come out playing so passively and poorly, I don't know what buttons he has left to push. But one thing's for sure: it had better be a doozy of a button!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    How in the world did we get Hess again already???!!!
    Jimmy Dykes: "Maybe Mason traveled there because he was pulled down..."

How can Dykes see that from the rafters (and we can see it on TV) and Hess can't see it from 3 feet away?

Not that I'm blaming the refs for the poor play...but Miami really doesn't need any help.

I missed the first half but a quick look at the box score indicates UM is doing a lot of damage inside. When we played them, Johnson really seemed to wear out in the second half. If the Plumbs can work him a little more, he might fade down the stretch.

Simply being outplayed in every facet of the game. No quality basketball from us at either end of the floor.
    Tough task ahead to outscore another team by 15 in one half for a win. Will take an effort unlike any i have
    seen us play against anybody this year. Hopefully something will click and the ghost of Duke past will rise.