Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Austin is improving. We have games left and he is on course to get even better. Even as a projected draft pick in the mid 20's what advise might Doc give him if a few good NBA coaches, who presumably will have picks at that level, tell Doc that they will pick Austin and help him develop?

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Let's see. Do I want to learn how to play the game under possibly the greatest college coach of alltime...
    Whaddya mean 'POSSIBLY?

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Austin is improving. We have games left and he is on course to get even better. Even as a projected draft pick in the mid 20's what advise might Doc give him if a few good NBA coaches, who presumably will have picks at that level, tell Doc that they will pick Austin and help him develop?
    Austin has the talent to be a lottery pick at some point. If he is this year, that's one thing. If he is not, I imagine Doc would tell him to stay in school, develop in college, and then get the big contract when you come out as a lottery pick.

It is harder to develop as a pro if you're not on the floor in games, and a #20 pick is probably playing behind someone.

AR will stay at least one more year. No doubt he needs the development, Doc knows it.

Back in September, both Austin and Mason appeared to be planning to go pro at the end of the season, and the coaching staff appeared to be preparing accordingly. Have things changed? I'd say no. Austin is our leading scorer and Mason is playing like an All-Conference (if not All-American) player. So unless one or both of them simply change their mind(s), I'd expect them to leave.
    I'd say it's a tossup right now; depends on where they're projected. Don't see either one as any more than a mid-late first rounder right now. Both have obvious areas they need to work
    on: Mason, jump shooting and free throws, Austin, strength, decision making and offensive variety (needs a better stop and pop). I'm betting both of them will consider
    that they'd likely be spending time on the bench or in the D league (Mason most likely; see McBobs. who was at a similar stage when he left), and will come back to improve their
    skills and draft position.

There is nothing definitive about Austin Rivers' intentions--other than winning--at this point.

Let's just enjoy every game we've got him. He's a special talent, and he has special things to do with his teammates as this season continues to unfold.