Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WBB: Husky Girls 61, Duke Women 45

Big game coming up on Monday, January 30. I got this from Athletics today.

Blue Devil Fans,

Coming off a huge win over eighth-ranked Maryland on Sunday, the fifth-ranked Duke Women's Basketball Team remains undefeated in ACC play and moves to 16-2 overall.

The Blue Devils have a tough home stretch coming up as they will host national power third-ranked UConn on Monday, January 30th at 7:00pm and ACC rival 25th-ranked North Carolina on Monday, February 6th at 7:00pm.

Limited tickets are available for both of these marquee games, with individual tickets starting at just $6. We anticipate selling out both games quickly, so call now to reserve your seats!

To purchase tickets, stop by the Duke Athletics Ticket Office located in Cameron Indoor Stadium, call 919-681-BLUE, or visit www.GoDuke.com/tickets.

#5 Duke vs. #3 UConn
    Monday, January 30, 7:00pm
    FREE Foam Sticks!

#5 Duke vs. #25 UNC
    Monday, February 6, 7:00pm
    FREE Pom Poms!

Two Big Monday basketball nights are coming up for the Blue Devils, you won't want to miss them! Hope to see you in Cameron on game day!

Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    Big game coming up on Monday, January 30. I got this from Athletics today.

Blue Devil Fans,

Coming off a huge win over eighth-ranked Maryland on Sunday, the fifth-ranked Duke Women's Basketball Team remains undefeated in ACC play and moves to 16-2 overall.

The Blue Devils have a tough home stretch coming up as they will host national power third-ranked UConn on Monday, January 30th at 7:00pm and ACC rival 25th-ranked North Carolina on Monday, February 6th at 7:00pm.

Limited tickets are available for both of these marquee games, with individual tickets starting at just $6. We anticipate selling out both games quickly, so call now to reserve your seats!

To purchase tickets, stop by the Duke Athletics Ticket Office located in Cameron Indoor Stadium, call 919-681-BLUE, or visit www.GoDuke.com/tickets.

#5 Duke vs. #3 UConn
    Monday, January 30, 7:00pm
    FREE Foam Sticks!

#5 Duke vs. #25 UNC
    Monday, February 6, 7:00pm
    FREE Pom Poms!

Two Big Monday basketball nights are coming up for the Blue Devils, you won't want to miss them! Hope to see you in Cameron on game day!
    That's not Duke's next game...

I hope this one is a bit more entertaining than the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    But Duke is the one sending out the marketing stuff! I hope the Blue Devils crush Clemson and then come back home to whup up on the Conns. I have my tickets to both the UConn and UNC games. See y'all there!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    No, but it's the next home game. And Duke is trying to get Cameron filled to the banners. They're also working hard to get the UNC game (on Feb 6) filled.

I was able to buy tickets today for $5 a piece (thanks to an Iron Dukes member forwarding an email with a discount). It'll be my first women's game and I'm bringing my wife and 2 daughters. I'm looking forward to it and I really hope my girls have fun! A couple of weeks ago my oldest daughter went on a tour of CIS as a field trip with the YMCA during track out. She got to meet some of the coaches and wanted to know when I would take her to a game. I'm pretty excited about it!

i did my part and bought tickets....but i'm sure there are a lot of people here that wish I would stay away from this one
    1200. DDMF.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    i did my part and bought tickets....but i'm sure there are a lot of people here that wish I would stay away from this one
    Hate to say it, but your signature is now outdated.
    As far as the women's game goes, I strongly recommend for anyone who hasn't been to one to go! They are a great experience, and when Cameron is packed as it will be for those two big games the drama and intensity can be just as insane as a men's game. (Unfortunately I myself can't go, this will be the first season in years I've missed a women's game.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Hate to say it, but your signature is now outdated.
    As far as the women's game goes, I strongly recommend for anyone who hasn't been to one to go! They are a great experience, and when Cameron is packed as it will be for those two big games the drama and intensity can be just as insane as a men's game. (Unfortunately I myself can't go, this will be the first season in years I've missed a women's game.)
    Second this 100%. You hear so much of "oh they're not athletic and are terrible"

CODSWALLOP

Tis true they can't dunk, but the moves these girls make are every bit as impressive...and watching uconn's offense (not to toot the horn here...) but its just beautiful. Too many people see the games where the top teams beat the middling ones by 30-40 points and think that it looks terrible, and you're right, but they ignore the fact that when 2 good teams get together (like either duke or uconn against ND this year, or baylor, or stanford) its really good basketball, and all of you should check it out if you're able.
    1200. DDMF.

Yes, big fan of WBB. Great to see Cameron packed for Women's games. Duke's women have been so close so many times in the last 10 years, but never quite "won the big one." This is the sort of game that makes a mark, if we win. That gets remembered. And it'll very possibly have a seeding impact come March.

Go Duke!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Cool article (and video) by Michelle Voepel on ESPN about Elizabeth Williams. She talks a bit about UCONN coming to town as well.
    "One of the interesting statistics in a paper I did was that people who had a positive outlook on life would live an average of 7.6 years longer than people who didn't," Williams said. "People who thought that growing old was a negative thing, their lifespan was shorter. I took that and thought it applies to me at a young age, too: 'Think of all these opportunities you're given, and really embrace them.'"
    http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...iams-grow-fast
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Great article on Elizabeth! Thanks for posting. And thanks to all of you who are buying tickets. Both games should be great and the women's team deserves good support!

Somehow it just doesn't seem right that we are referring to our opponents as the Husky Women.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Somehow it just doesn't seem right that we are referring to our opponents as the Husky Women.
    Maybe it should be uconvictesses?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe it should be uconvictesses?
    In fairness to Geno's team, I don't recall any such problems, unlike Calhoun's group of "gentlemen". You may not like Geno, but by all appearances his team plays by the rules, and are fine citizens.

(That being said, I still want Chelsea, Elizabeth and team to beat the crap out of them!)

Still Tickets Available

According to the ticket office, there are still some tickets available for tonight's game.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Actually, I thought it was in error, in that you usually see the word as "Huskies," and I thought the singular was Huskie. Not so, apparently, or at least the Wikipedia article is titled "Siberian Husky," derived from a Russian word.

So, Husky Women it is!

sage

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Actually, I thought it was in error, in that you usually see the word as "Huskies," and I thought the singular was Huskie. Not so, apparently, or at least the Wikipedia article is titled "Siberian Husky," derived from a Russian word.

So, Husky Women it is!

sage
    Let's just scream and help the team turn them into my favorite word for visitors to Cameron: Losers!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Go Duke! Beat U-con tonight (7PM) !!!!

Go Duke Women's Basketball! This is a big game and a chance for revenge for last year's loss at U-con.

Game just about to get underway on ESPN2...

Down 8 at the half...Williams had to sit early with 3 fouls (third one was totally bogus). Not a bad showing at all, should be a good second.