Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Marshall Plumlee on Duke Blue Planet

If you don't watch the Duke Blue Planet videos after each game, you are missing the awesome comedic talent of Marshall Plumlee. Sure, we all enjoyed watching Nolan and Lance and the rest goof around over the past couple of seasons, but Marshall is in another league. His interactions with the other players, particularly with his brothers and Dre, are fantastic. What a treat. My new favorite player (redshirt category).

Fact

Duke Blue Planet is amazing and I agree Marshall has a real personality. it's going to be nice having hime for five years (hopefully).

Glad you mentioned this, because I look forward to Marshall's interviews on these videos more than the game highlights. He is particularly hilarious on the video from last night's game. Loved the comparison between his JV tennis game and Dawkins's shooting.

4. "No one outdances Marshall Plumlee."

LOL this kid has a future in television, hopefully after a long, successful tenure in the NBA and five years of awesome at Duke.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    Glad you mentioned this, because I look forward to Marshall's interviews on these videos more than the game highlights. He is particularly hilarious on the video from last night's game. Loved the comparison between his JV tennis game and Dawkins's shooting.
    The JV tennis bit was pure comedy gold. I also love to see him interview Mason, because Mason will inevitably make his bemused "irritating little brother" face.

I just watched the top plays video from last night's game and was rushing to the board to post on Marshall. Kid is witty and thinks well on his feet. His humor and passion in practice and from the bench are a definite asset to this team. With his character, work ethic and developing skill set I see him being a nice player for Duke down the road

Exclamation Duke Blue Planet

Hey mods and Julio, am I missing it or is there no link to Duke Blue Planet in your Links section? If I am correct, then you need to add it. If I am not correct, then would someone please point out my stupidity and let me know where it is located. Thanks.

ricks

Marshall is a highlight even as a RS

I also look forward to Marshall after each game as much as the highlights.

his line about famous jump shots a few weeks ago had me rolling. I look forward to him continuing to do these videos and hope we will get a chance to see is jokes on the underclassmen once he has been playing for a few years.

You know, I'm surprised that ESPN hasn't gotten wind of Marshall's skills and given him some airtime. Of course, K might not like that idea so much (distraction, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    Marshall rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    The JV tennis bit was pure comedy gold. I also love to see him interview Mason, because Mason will inevitably make his bemused "irritating little brother" face.
    Witnessed Marshall playing JV tennis- and he was a 'wall' at the net while playing doubles. All around great kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Hey mods and Julio, am I missing it or is there no link to Duke Blue Planet in your Links section? If I am correct, then you need to add it. If I am not correct, then would someone please point out my stupidity and let me know where it is located. Thanks.

ricks
    Here you are, sir! http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/default.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Thanks for the help as usual, DITBD, but it was easy enough to find on my own already. I was just pointing out that DBR should have a link to Duke Blue Planet in the Links section, if it is not already there somewhere. Good to hear from you again.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Thanks for the help as usual, DITBD, but it was easy enough to find on my own already. I was just pointing out that DBR should have a link to Duke Blue Planet in the Links section, if it is not already there somewhere. Good to hear from you again.

ricks
    I understood, but wanted to be of service.

I'm still here .... continuing with my second lining and undercover work.

Love that video and, as a former tennis player, hey, those really are pressure situations! Funny guy - smart, too.
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

That was pretty funny. Not sure how Andre gave that answer with a straight face.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Thanks for the link D! I enjoyed that. Marshall is a riot. I look forward to the days when he gets to play. We may have a sleeper on our hands that surprises. Nice to see the guys having fun.

Marshall is very funny--and this is a good example of one of the things I think is great about Duke Blue Planet--it looks to me like a great way to keep players involved and engaged when, for whatever reason, they aren't getting on the court as much as they might like or at all. This year we have seen a lot of interviews by Marshall and Alex. Last year Kyrie did a lot of interviews when he couldn't play. Josh and others have made entertaining appearances as well.

Great way to keep the red-shirts Marshall Plumlee and Alex Murphy a fun part of the team.

As others have said, fine chemistry with Dre and MP3 and another one whre I think it was Quinn who said he can't wiat to throw some alley oops to Alex next year.

Here is another video chat I had with Marshall the other day where he talks of his brothers and the life of a redshirt - http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/01/o...umlee-of-duke/ He's a great kid and it's worth a look.