Quinn Cook update

Don't know if his is out there, but after Cook's 30-second appearance Saturday, following talk of his injury/illness after the Wake game, I thought it was interesting that Coach K clarified his status on today's ACC teleconference.

Don't have the whole transcript, but he acknowledged that Cook was sick last week and hobbled by his knee. He said the inability to practice hurt him as much as anything. The good news is that when asked if the knee problem was a concern after last summer's knee problems shut Quinn down, he said:

"What happened to his knee is that it was bruised. It had nothing to do with what happened this summer. I wanted to clear that up."

That sounds like very good news for the rest of this season for Quinn.

Great news thanks for the update. I think Duke needs Quinn moving forward and missed him against the Noles on Saturday.

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

well, that's good news. I was thinking previously "was Quinn not playing due to injury or b/c K didn't think he could handle FSU's taller guards?" Well, it appears to be the former, which is good. So, would a perfectly healthy QC have made enough difference in the game for Duke to have won? I don't know, we were getting burned so much in the backcourt anyway that I don't think he would have been much of a help there, except maybe to reduce the fatigue of other guards.
    Would he have helped on offense? Maybe, although TT had a 4/1 a/t game, which is quite good, plus he scored 5pts. So some of the good production we got from TT would have been reduced assuming QC would have gotten some of TT's minutes. 5pts and 4asts from QC would be a decent game from him compared to his recent output. In that light, i would say that QC would not have done much to change the outcome of the game.
    Perhaps we would have gotten more production in the paint + more fouls on their bigs, since QC has a higher aptitude for penetration than any of the other (non-AR) guards. In that light, QC may have provided enough of a difference for us to win the game since FSU's 2nd half play was largely predicated on their bigs tearing us apart, James, Gibson and White all had very good 2nd half performances.
    Anyway, i look forward to seeing QC get better and back on the court vs the Twerps.

Thanks for posting that. Quinn Cook is really needed this year.

Good news. I really like what Quinn adds to the team.

Also of note, with Quinn's limited participation against FSU, there were only 7 players with 10 minutes or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Don't know if his is out there, but after Cook's 30-second appearance Saturday, following talk of his injury/illness after the Wake game, I thought it was interesting that Coach K clarified his status on today's ACC teleconference.

Don't have the whole transcript, but he acknowledged that Cook was sick last week and hobbled by his knee. He said the inability to practice hurt him as much as anything. The good news is that when asked if the knee problem was a concern after last summer's knee problems shut Quinn down, he said:

"What happened to his knee is that it was bruised. It had nothing to do with what happened this summer. I wanted to clear that up."

That sounds like very good news for the rest of this season for Quinn.
    Link to the audio:
    http://cstvpodcast.cstv.com.edgesuit.../012312_du.mp3

linked from this page:
    http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/m-hoops-tele.html

or the transcript if you prefer:
    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...mbb-quotes.pdf
    Last edited by 91_92_01_10_15; 01-23-2012 at 07:35 PM.