Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

talented and experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Are you saying this Florida State team is more talented than last year's UNC team? I like it. But I agree with NSDukeFan that it isn't true.
    If you focus on offense, yes, last year's Carolina team was more talented, but when you consider defense, I am not sure. Moreover, this FSU team is experienced, and I don't think they are as likely as last year's UNC team to get rattled by our pressure or the crowd. I hope I am wrong, but I expect this to be as tough a game as we see at Cameron this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mike88 View Post
    If you focus on offense, yes, last year's Carolina team was more talented, but when you consider defense, I am not sure. Moreover, this FSU team is experienced, and I don't think they are as likely as last year's UNC team to get rattled by our pressure or the crowd. I hope I am wrong, but I expect this to be as tough a game as we see at Cameron this year.
    Ah, I understand your point now. Really what you're saying is this year's FSU is a better team than last year's UNC. But being a better team and being more talented are two entirely different things. That said, I still don't think I agree with you, but it's a lot closer call.

why so nervous?

OK so FSU is big and mean and has the length that all the talking heads just love to go on and on about. Yes the beat the brakes of UNC. Do they pose a significant challenge at home in todays game? Sure. Am I scared or nervous as some of you seem to be? NO!!! I have the ultimate faith and confidence in Coach K and his ability to get the team prepared to face such an opponent and to make the right adjustments in game to give Duke a great chance to pull off yet another victory. I mean look at the teams we have already faced. We have accumulated wins against several tournament teams. Duke is undefeated in ACC play and number four in the country. I believe that MPs 1 and 2 can hold their own on the glass. I think that Ryan is a big mismatch for the Noles on the defensive end. Has FSU faced a pick and pop big like #34 so far? Can they defend the 40 or so on ball screens the Devils are going to use? How are they going to try to slow down the penetration of Austin Rivers? Have some faith. They are coming to our house after all. We need to be as strong in our support as we expect our team to be strong in the game itself.

Quinn Cook's Status?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Combining Florida State's perimeter size and Quinn's indisposition, I suspect we'll see a lot of the Seth/Austin/Andre lineup today. Maybe even as a starting lineup.
    Do we know Quinn's status? Sorry if it's out there, I couldn't find it. I'm as nervous about that as I am about FSU.

Thanks for any update.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 01-21-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Fix quote tag

Nuke the Noles!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    Do we know Quinn's status? Sorry if it's out there, I couldn't find it. I'm as nervous about that as I am about FSU.

Thanks for any update.
    Quinn banged up? Hadn't heard that (and missed the Wake game, so please fill me in).

FSU is very good and are coming to prove something.

Our House. Gotta Represent.

(says the old man behind the keyboard)

Baylor/Mizzou

Here's to hoping that this Mizzou/Baylor game doesn't drag on and is over by 4:00! Hopefully one of them is up by 15 with less than 2:00 to play to avoid end of game fouling. Or that it's a one point game down to the wire with no overtime!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Quinn banged up? Hadn't heard that (and missed the Wake game, so please fill me in).
    K said Quinn hurt his knee in practice early in the week. Quinn tweeted he had a bad cold. He only played 14 minutes against Wake and looked like he was limping.

FSU games are like an NFL game but without pads. Appropriate that it's on this weekend

I am almost never nervous about games at home, but this game has me scared. The Noles are playing as good as anyone in the country. They embarrassed UNC, and crushed Maryland on the road. They've finally figured out their offense and are playing with a lot of swagger. We don't match up that well with them because they have length on the perimeter which has bothered our guards before.

Quote Originally Posted by loldevilz View Post
    We don't match up that well with them because they have length on the perimeter which has bothered our guards before.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike88 View Post
    With Ian Miller back in the line-up, FSU is hitting on all cylinders right now.
    My impression is that neither Loucks nor Dulkys, while tall, possesses a great handle. They don't get to the line a lot. OTOH, both Snaer and Miller do like to get to the rim, and both are good FT-shooters.

Probably should foul James when in doubt, as he shoots 49% FTs. Hope we challenge James early, as getting him in foul trouble would help.

Live tempo-based stats for the Duke game here, starters posted. Rivers back in the starting lineup, Cook sits.

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame...Schedule=10528

I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn.

There were only 50 seconds left when I tuned in to ESPN at 4 PM. It's now 4:13 and the game still isn't over! Geesh I hate this!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    There were only 50 seconds left when I tuned in to ESPN at 4 PM. It's now 4:13 and the game still isn't over! Geesh I hate this!
    Please refer to post 33

Their good D is forcing us into a lot of one-on-one stuff that result in bad shots. Would love to see more movement on offense. I trust K will make appropriate adjustments but I am a little worried that the 2 fouls on Dawkins is going to really change what we want to do offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe
    I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn. I HATE espn.
    I think I may have just lost my mind. Anybody have any Thorazine?

Naturally, when I checked the alternate channels for the Duke game, ESPN had the Baylor-Mizzou game playing on two of them and elevator music on the other.

Can someone at least try to take the ball all the way in. If they get blocked or commit a charge that's fine, but no one is making these 8 foot floaters. It's a really tough shot. I'd rather get some layups/blocking fous and some blocked shots/charges over 8-10 foot floaters over and over again.

Duke is playing tough. Not a lot of good looks on offense though. Thank goodness for Rivers' agressiveness. I don't think we're going to get open shots without penetrating or playing inside out.

they should look at the replay and give us our 3 pts...

what a circus shot for them
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese