Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Latest news on Strickland...

Not much info really; but here's the latest from wral: http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/10626356/ .

The link that Strickland is still undergoing tests at the time this article was written. I don't have a medical background or a history with ACL injuries; but could this be a sign of good news for Dexter. He could be ok and they are doing additional tests just to make sure. Then again, it could mean the opposite.....

Torn ACL, out for the season according to IC.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorhook View Post
    and wral.com. Hate it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorhook View Post
    This is being reported on ESPN as well.

Strickland done for season

Ouch. I feel bad for the kid, you hate to see anyone go down for the year like that. When it happened, I didn't think it looked good for him.

Hate to hear news like that.

It's a long journey back from ACL surgery; good luck, Dexter; work hard and keep a good attitude.

One of the younger perimeter players has to step up for the Heels.
    Could be something that works out well, could be a real blow to the team.
    Definite challenge for the coaches and players.

By the way, is Leslie McDonald a possibility to fill this spot, or definitely out?

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Great news b/c me and the crew's initial reaction was: SEASON OVER!!!
    Dang - we were right. Sorry for the guy!

Very sorry to hear this. Full recovery, Dex.

bummer...hope that gets better for him
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Hate it when bad things happen to good kids

Quick recovery Dex.

It seems like UNC has had a pretty bad case of the injury bug lately. This is just what I can recall from memory, please correct me if I'm wrong or have forgotten anyone:

2011-2012: Leslie McDonald loses almost the entire season and will redshirt. Dexter Strickland will now lose over half of the season.
    2010-2011: Reggie Bullock gets injured about halfway through ACC season and is done for the year.
    2009-2010: Will Graves, Justin Watts, Ed Davis all miss significant parts of the season. I think Tyler Zeller missed a few games too.
    2008-2009: Marcus Ginyard gets hurt fairly late in the year, as does Tyler Zeller.

And of course this doesn't even include Larry Drew and the Wear twins leaving, or Will Graves being dismissed from the team in 2010-2011.

Time to hire a new training staff?

Sorry to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Quick recovery Dex.
    Odd that a team would lose two players to ACL injuries in such a short period. I'm sure it's a coincidence, but I hope they both recover fully (speaking as someone who's been thru it, albeit quite a few years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Odd that a team would lose two players to ACL injuries in such a short period. I'm sure it's a coincidence, but I hope they both recover fully (speaking as someone who's been thru it, albeit quite a few years ago).
    Knees in Chapel Hill.

Feet in Durham.

It's always fun to ridicule and pick on our arch rivals on the hill, but you really hate to see someone get hurt. I hope and pray that he makes a full recovery and is back next year so we can ridicule and pick on him again. Get well soon Dexter.

Get well wishes

Hope you get well quickly Dexter. Some things are more important than sports. GoDuke!

The biggest thing for him is not to push himself too hard. Next year is his senior year, and the tendency is to try to get back as quickly as possible. The start of next season is just under 10 months away, and unless his injury was particularly bad, he should have a good chance to play right away, but he can't try and push himself to be ready to go full speed by the start of practice. You want to see him better, but we've seen a lot of guys the last few years with multiple knee injuries, and taking the time to recover properly will be important.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Hate to hear news like that.

It's a long journey back from ACL surgery; good luck, Dexter; work hard and keep a good attitude.

One of the younger perimeter players has to step up for the Heels.
    Could be something that works out well, could be a real blow to the team.
    Definite challenge for the coaches and players.

By the way, is Leslie McDonald a possibility to fill this spot, or definitely out?
    I thought McDonald was out for the year, too. But my memory has been faulty at times at my age.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Knees in Chapel Hill.

Feet in Durham.
    Beat me to it. Great minds think alike, though mine is faaaar slower than yours.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Not to demean the injury at all.. hope for a great recovery for strickland.. But in what ways do you see this affecting the Heels? Honestly I think if they had to lose one of the starting 5 clearly Strickland was the one they could most afford (again, I dont mean that to come off wrong). Marshall is THE pg, Barnes is the SF, and Henson and Zeller are scary in the middle. Despite losing McDonald, they still have Bullock and Hairston. I guess Strickland was the most tenured and had the best defense... but the other two bring more O.

Heck, UNC played inspired and some of their best ball of the year in the VT game after he went out. They were scary good in the second half without him. thoughts??