Quote Originally Posted by niveklaen View Post
I think we are all overlooking the fact that Roy developed the greatest wing player of all time - MJ
I think this is a joke right? I mean, first Roy was an assistant coach, Dean Smith coached MJ. An even if you do want to credit Roy for coaching MJ at UNC the running joke for the last 20 plus years was that Dean (or Roy if you prefer) was the only person that could hold MJ to under 20 points a game.

Developed MJ?? How about kept him from being as good as he should have been in college? MJ wasn't developed by anyone. He was born with amazing God given talent and a unequaled competative desire to win. Those are gifts not developments. What wasn't developed was character, humility or executive skills. If what MJ had on the court could be developed, there would be a lot more MJ's.

As far as the best player ever... that is a subjective argument that no one will win so if you think he was the best then to you he was the best... I think Pistol Pete was the best, but who am I going to convince of that?