Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1

    UNC Women Surpass Men

    UConn 86, Carolina 35. Lowest scoring output and largest margin of defeat in program history.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    UConn 86, Carolina 35. Lowest scoring output and largest margin of defeat in program history.
    On the plus side, nobody tried to quit and go home.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah, there was no danger that UCONN would rush the court.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Yeah, there was no danger that UCONN would rush the court.
    Does the women's team call their scrubs "Blue Steel" too, or do they have a less embarrasing name?
    "Enjoy every sandwich" -- Warren Zevon

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    UConn 86, Carolina 35. Lowest scoring output and largest margin of defeat in program history.
    Part of the problem is Coach Hatchell. The average margin of defeat the past 5 outings is something ridiculous like 32 (including i think 2 1v2 matchups?)

    She insists that her team is a running team and that the way to beat uconn is to run with them, and each year they beat the pants off the heels. You would think after the first few times she might try to come up with a new game plan.


    anyway, I hope that the duke women don't fall to the same fate next week (as they have lost by similar margins of victory for the past few years)
    9f

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Part of the problem is Coach Hatchell. The average margin of defeat the past 5 outings is something ridiculous like 32 (including i think 2 1v2 matchups?)

    She insists that her team is a running team and that the way to beat uconn is to run with them, and each year they beat the pants off the heels. You would think after the first few times she might try to come up with a new game plan.
    A UNC basketball coach with an inflexible approach and a dimwitted yet bullheaded plan to force ill-fitting players to a pre-conceived program formula of play?

    Can there really be two of them?!?
    "Enjoy every sandwich" -- Warren Zevon

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    A UNC basketball coach with an inflexible approach and a dimwitted yet bullheaded plan to force ill-fitting players to a pre-conceived program formula of play?
    UNC women's basketball? I don't see any method at all.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    A UNC basketball coach with an inflexible approach and a dimwitted yet bullheaded plan to force ill-fitting players to a pre-conceived program formula of play?

    Can there really be two of them?!?
    and they even wear the same jacket!

    344024.jpeg
    110592836_display_image.jpg
    9f

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the couch
    I heard that Roy was watching the game, became worried about his safety then got up and went to the bedroom. Only later did he realize that he had left Wanda sitting on the couch!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    and they even wear the same jacket!

    344024.jpeg
    110592836_display_image.jpg
    Ugly colored jackets and ugly people and I'm not talking about looks. GoDuke!

  11. #11
    The score could have been a lot worse. It was 71-21 when Geno started putting in some of the bench players who could not hit the broad side of a barn if they tried.

    How can UNC even be a ranked team after that beat down?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    The score could have been a lot worse. It was 71-21 when Geno started putting in some of the bench players who could not hit the broad side of a barn if they tried.

    How can UNC even be a ranked team after that beat down?
    Are you talking about the women's or the men's team?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Are you talking about the women's or the men's team?
    I find them both pretty rank.
    "Enjoy every sandwich" -- Warren Zevon

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    The score could have been a lot worse. It was 71-21 when Geno started putting in some of the bench players who could not hit the broad side of a barn if they tried.

    How can UNC even be a ranked team after that beat down?
    I brought this up on the FSU/UNC thread. There just aren't that many quality women's teams. Sylvia is known to get "athletes" and wants to run faster than even Roy does. They have such a high turnover rate, but it's like a woman's Loyola Marymount team sometimes and when shots aren't falling or the other team plays a modicum of defense, then they get stymied and it's all she wrote.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC

    sylvia's crying!

    Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post
    I brought this up on the FSU/UNC thread. There just aren't that many quality women's teams. Sylvia is known to get "athletes" and wants to run faster than even Roy does. They have such a high turnover rate, but it's like a woman's Loyola Marymount team sometimes and when shots aren't falling or the other team plays a modicum of defense, then they get stymied and it's all she wrote.
    Don't you just love it when this happens. I love to see sylvia complaining to the refs. I love to see the women's team lose almost as much as the men's team. Naw, it's not even close. GoDuke!

  16. #16

    Oh, Sylvia

    From the official website:

    "Coach Sylvia Hatchell said she didn't want to make any excuses for the rout, but noted that injuries have kept key players, including Laura Broomfield, Tierra Ruffin-Pratt and freshman Megan Buckland on the bench for long stretches this season."

    She doesn't want to make excuses, but then turns around and does it. She just can't help it.

    I guess that it didn't occur to her that if UNC had played a bit better, then Gino would have kep his starters in longer and they would have won by 60.

    http://www.tarheelblue.com/sports/w-...011612aaa.html

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Are you talking about the women's or the men's team?
    BOTH! The women's team should be unranked after that spanking and I find it appalling the men's team only dropped 5 spots. That game was pathetic by them....guess the people who know what they're talking about (not us) are still looking at how good this team is on paper and not their production.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Part of the problem is Coach Hatchell. The average margin of defeat the past 5 outings is something ridiculous like 32 (including i think 2 1v2 matchups?)

    She insists that her team is a running team and that the way to beat uconn is to run with them, and each year they beat the pants off the heels. You would think after the first few times she might try to come up with a new game plan.


    anyway, I hope that the duke women don't fall to the same fate next week (as they have lost by similar margins of victory for the past few years)
    I'm not going to laugh too long or loud (but I will laugh some!) as I also fear the same result as mentioned in the last sentence above.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Part of the problem is Coach Hatchell. The average margin of defeat the past 5 outings is something ridiculous like 32 (including i think 2 1v2 matchups?)

    She insists that her team is a running team and that the way to beat uconn is to run with them, and each year they beat the pants off the heels. You would think after the first few times she might try to come up with a new game plan.


    anyway, I hope that the duke women don't fall to the same fate next week (as they have lost by similar margins of victory for the past few years)
    Well, um, don't recall Duke ever losing to them by 50+, but I could be mistaken... Sure hope that we at least are competitive this year! (I do think it will be a decent game.)

    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    The score could have been a lot worse. It was 71-21 when Geno started putting in some of the bench players who could not hit the broad side of a barn if they tried.

    How can UNC even be a ranked team after that beat down?
    Coach Geno actually put in some bench players?? Wow. Really?! I didn't think he ever did that! Boy, now I know it was outta hand! (But at least you're supporting Uh No's "defense" of why he had his starters still in vs Duke last year with 2 minutes to go and up by 35...)
    -BDBD

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    How can UNC even be a ranked team after that beat down?
    They aren't anymore. In fact GT now has more votes than they do. (And GT isn't ranked either)
    Mmmm, BBQ!

Similar Threads

  1. UT - LSU women
    By Channing in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 06:39 PM
  2. Women beat BC
    By dukelifer in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 09:49 PM
  3. Women are 10th In AP
    By Bluedawg in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 10:37 PM
  4. The Women are ready to go
    By Bluedawg in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 02:58 PM
  5. USA Women
    By Lavabe in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 10:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •