Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    I definitely enjoy Marshall's sense of humor, but I am a bit concerned, now that he has done three in a row, that DBP might be going toward too much of a good thing. As funny as he is, Marshall could start to seem less fresh and entertaining if he does all of the Blue Planet interviews--I have really enjoyed seeing the mike get shared around among the players and hope it continues to be.
    He's a freshmen in college. EVERYDAY is new! I doubt seriously he'll lose his ummmm comedic edge. Obviously he has a lot of time to sit and think about it during the game.

Let's just enjoy Duke's version of Bill Walton for now.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeballboy88 View Post
    So Marshall has been officially redshirted?

I love how he has a serious approach to a funny interview.
    One cannot apply for a redshirt until the season is over. There is no form to fill out ahead of time. The plan is for him to redshirt unless there are decimating injuries, but nothing is official until all the paperwork is done and the NCAA has granted the redshirt season (which happens after the season).

Marshall bigP = comic genius!

Okay, is lil ole Marshall not the funniest DUKEr I've yet seen!?! Some of 'em Blue Devil Planet interviews is silly funny. I like my Stephen Colbert, but that young Marshall boy, he be makin' me check for his updates everyday!

love,
    Seenee Chort

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by dukeballboy88 View Post
    Search Function

Thans

Originally Posted by dukeballboy88

I love how he has a serious approach to a funny interview.
    One cannot apply for a redshirt until the season is over. There is no form to fill out ahead of time. The plan is for him to redshirt unless there are decimating injuries, but nothing is official until all the paperwork is done and the NCAA has granted the redshirt season (which happens after the season).
    Thanks Bluedog

I didnt know the rules or how the redshirt process worked. I just new he looked like he was in uniform and ready to play every game.

No more Marshall?

It looks like the light hearted interviews following the Top Plays videos have been put on hold following the St. John's game. That's the gist I'm getting from their absence below and Watzone's report on how other priveledges have been taken away following that performance.

I'll trade games like last night for comedic postgame interviews anyday.

"Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

I'm guessing that the DBP interviews counted as social media, which the team banned after St. John's.

Other reports described the ban on social media as a player decision, not one dictated by the coaches. There was no punishment or "privileges taken away," it was a decision by the players to focus more on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Other reports described the ban on social media as a player decision, not one dictated by the coaches. There was no punishment or "privileges taken away," it was a decision by the players to focus more on the team.
    Even the ice cream? No one turns down ice cream!

I can see the social media being a player choice, but I'm sensing an overall belt tightening by the program (ie K) not so much just a team choice. I have nothing to back this up other than a hunch and knowledge of Duke bball history.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Even the ice cream? No one turns down ice cream!

I can see the social media being a player choice, but I'm sensing an overall belt tightening by the program (ie K) not so much just a team choice. I have nothing to back this up other than a hunch and knowledge of Duke bball history.
    I suspect it came from the captains. The extent to which it was "suggested" by a member of the coaching staff, or not, will probably not be known until after the season.

I would be surprised if it came from the coaches. Duke has embraced technology and marketing as much as any school in the country. The athletic department just launched Blue Devil Network, a place for fans to receive streaming content on smart phones and iPads. Coach K has a radio show on Sirius. I've heard him talk about how recruiting has changed due to texting and twittering and how his coaches have adapted. The team traveled to China, in large part to support the launch of a business school in China. Duke is everywhere, and it'd be pretty hypocritical of the coaches to then tell the players that they're not allowed to tweet.

He's Baaaaack!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0lJ1TFxnICo

Marshall's back on Duke Blue Planet, with special guests Jon Scheyer, Lance Thomas, Brian Zoubek and Nolan Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0lJ1TFxnICo

Marshall's back on Duke Blue Planet, with special guests Jon Scheyer, Lance Thomas, Brian Zoubek and Nolan Smith.
    This video is a great testament to what you lose if you go early to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    This video is a great testament to what you lose if you go early to the NBA.
    Coach K[yrie] might not completely agree with you there.

Looking forward to finding out what Marshall can do this year. He looks like he's added some muscle as advertised. The battle for PT in the post should be intense this year between MP3, Alex, Josh and Amile vying for limited minutes behind MP2 and Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Looking forward to finding out what Marshall can do this year. He looks like he's added some muscle as advertised. The battle for PT in the post should be intense this year between MP3, Alex, Josh and Amile vying for limited minutes behind MP2 and Ryan.
    Well, I suspect that Murphy will see a fair amount of time at the SF spot. Especially if Dawkins redshirts. It'll still be a crowded frontcourt picture with 3 guys battling for 2 backup spots. But it'll be a little less crowded with Murphy not in the picture.

Awesome video. Zoubek looks quite a bit bigger than Marshall. The beard advice was hilarious! Is Kyle still in Spain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IEPKkeyZs

More classic Marshall (talking about the Atlantis trophy):

Mason: "It's a shell, not a shellfish."

Marshall: "YOU don't know what's in there!"

more Marshall

MVP = ?

Watch the video to find out... hilarious!