Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Marshall is hilarious!

So glad someone posted about the comedic abilities of MP3! He's very quick-witted, and I particularly love how he always finds a way to pat his own back in his interviews. My favorite quote of this last video:

"I played JV tennis. I've been in match points. I've been in tie breakers. I know how to handle pressure when the game is on the line. And, Andre, obviously like, it's on a smaller scale than you."

I burst out laughing when he said this...lololol

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Here is another video chat I had with Marshall the other day where he talks of his brothers and the life of a redshirt - http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/01/o...umlee-of-duke/ He's a great kid and it's worth a look.
    THANK YOU, WATZONE!!! What a great kid that Marshall is. That Plumlee family must be something great. I can only imagine what goes on when all 3 brothers are at home "relaxing"... (barely killing eachother)

Great quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tina View Post
    So glad someone posted about the comedic abilities of MP3! He's very quick-witted, and I particularly love how he always finds a way to pat his own back in his interviews. My favorite quote of this last video:

"I played JV tennis. I've been in match points. I've been in tie breakers. I know how to handle pressure when the game is on the line. And, Andre, obviously like, it's on a smaller scale than you."

I burst out laughing when he said this...lololol
    I agree this was a fabulous post, but I have to amend it a bit. Part of the humor was that he started off saying how he was giving everyone some "Marshall trivia" and the end of the quote is that he said to Andre that "it's on a smaller scale with you" as it couldn't possibly compare to Marshall's JV tennis exploits. He is great.

Absolutely hysterical. Thanks for posting.

Has anyone heard any reports about how he is progressing in practice. I know that practice is different than games but I would think that you could get pretty good feel for how he's doing based on how he's fairing against his older brothers in scrimmages.

Latest DBP video up.

Marshall's latest is new stats for Tyler Thornton: 21 hustle pts/game, 7 defensive stops per game, and 3.8 crowd pleasers/game. Of course, Marshall averages 30 high 5s per game so...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Latest DBP video up.

Marshall's latest is new stats for Tyler Thornton: 21 hustle pts/game, 7 defensive stops per game, and 3.8 crowd pleasers/game. Of course, Marshall averages 30 high 5s per game so...
    That was a classic! I love Marshall's chat with Todd. Fabulous.

Marshall is great! Even though he hasn't played in a game yet, I'm sure he'll immediately be a crowd favorite when he gets on the court next season. Incidentally, Duke Blue Planet also has a video of Gerald and Maggette dunks since they watched the game yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtns...feature=relmfu

Those guys could seriously dunk. If Dawkins was T'ed up for his dunk, those Maggette dunks MUST have gotten a T, right? haha. Pull up on the rim and then slap the backboard after the jam. If he did get the T, at least he made them worthwhile and memorable, that's for sure.

Thanks for pointing this out...

I have not been watching Blue Planet highlights this season--big mistake. Marshall is like the funniest kid in the dorm. Now I have a new favorite player.

These videos are a cool glimpse into team dynamics. We are so lucky as fans to root for a team that makes us proud both on and off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    If Dawkins was T'ed up for his dunk, those Maggette dunks MUST have gotten a T, right? haha. Pull up on the rim and then slap the backboard after the jam. If he did get the T, at least he made them worthwhile and memorable, that's for sure.
    Yup, Maggette definitely got a T in that UF game (at least I think it was UF). He only had 1 year of dunks vs. G's 3 years, but man he was nasty. He's still one of my favorite BDOAT.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Corey did indeed pick up a tech for the pull-up one.

And yeah, Marshall is a real cut-up. Enjoy the DBP bits almost as much for him as for the actual highlights.

"We got two landlords in the building"

Marshall is incredibly charismatic - glad we have him for 5 years!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Wow, that "Rawwwrrrr!!!! [switch to serious mode] Todd, that's what you were quoted as saying after your block" bit was hilarious.

Good thing I was on mute for this work call =)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Yup, Maggette definitely got a T in that UF game (at least I think it was UF).
    Prior to the game Elton Brand had made a bet with him that he couldn't touch the top of the backboard during the game. He knew he was going to get a T but didn't even care. Man, it's too bad Dahntay Jones wasn't there too, that would have given us the three most explosive players Duke has had in the last 20 years, and maybe ever.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Prior to the game Elton Brand had made a bet with him that he couldn't touch the top of the backboard during the game. He knew he was going to get a T but didn't even care. Man, it's too bad Dahntay Jones wasn't there too, that would have given us the three most explosive players Duke has had in the last 20 years, and maybe ever.
    An interesting idea for an offseason board tourney perhaps? Most explosive Dukie?
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Grant?

That Wake one was even funnier than the Clemson one.

And Josh is still one of my favorite players -- can't wait to see him grow over the next few years.

Another good one after the Terp game. Guy is sly.

Must be the most talkative of the Plumli, which will be interesting to see when he is the anchor of the backline next year.

I definitely enjoy Marshall's sense of humor, but I am a bit concerned, now that he has done three in a row, that DBP might be going toward too much of a good thing. As funny as he is, Marshall could start to seem less fresh and entertaining if he does all of the Blue Planet interviews--I have really enjoyed seeing the mike get shared around among the players and hope it continues to be.

Just curious

So Marshall has been officially redshirted?

I love how he has a serious approach to a funny interview.