Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My biggest question is whether or not we will finally find a way to please, please, just GET. MASON. THE BALL. Miles too. I don't know about you guys, but I want to see one of the Plumlees get their hands on the ball at least once every possession, preferably within 8 or 9 feet of the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    My biggest question is whether or not we will finally find a way to please, please, just GET. MASON. THE BALL. Miles too. I don't know about you guys, but I want to see one of the Plumlees get their hands on the ball at least once every possession, preferably within 8 or 9 feet of the basket.
    I think this is an important focus too. Mason needs to be given the ball in a position to score it. Not at the top of the key. I'd like to see Duke run some pick and roll with him with Quinn in the game similar to what they did with Kyrie last season early on. That pick and roll with Mason was virtually unstoppable.

I am concerned with this game. Virginia plays good defense and Mike Scott is a beast and match-up nightmare for Duke. Who guards him. Ryan isn't quick enough, the pseudo threes aren't big enough and Scott's ability will pull his defender, most likely a big, away from the basket. His game concerns me and if Virginia controls the tempo there could be problems. They are a really good team.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    I agree that I would have liked Mason and Miles to both have had the ball a bunch more the past two games. From my limited understanding of the way Virginia plays defense, I don't know if that should be the focus for this game, however. I believe they pack the inside and don't pressure the 3-point line as much as some other teams. This might be a better game for more perimeter passing and finding our three point shooters (hello Andre, hello Seth) for some good looks. We'll soon find out, but I would like to hear from others who have watched Virginia more.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Va is a better team than Temple...

You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    This might be a better game for more perimeter passing and finding our three point shooters (hello Andre, hello Seth) for some good looks.
    I prefer to see Duke shoot three pointers in transition, on kick outs after the ball has been passed inside or off a drive and dish. Passing the ball around the perimeter seems more often than not to end in a bad shot late in the shot clock.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    You decide.
    True. But there's a big difference between a home game and away game, too.

Should be very competitive. We should be favored by a few, but the game could certainly go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    We should be favored by a few, but the game could certainly go either way.
    Duke opened in Las Vegas as a 10.5 points favorite with the over/under set at 132:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...dds/las-vegas/
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Duke opened in Las Vegas as a 10.5 points favorite with the over/under set at 132:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...dds/las-vegas/
    I was guessing closer to 6.5 - 8.5 without much thought. Not that there's much difference.

Over-under seems to favor a UVa pace. 71-61 +/- a point?

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    You decide.
    But wait, UVa lost to TCU, who lost to USC, who lost to Kansas, who we beat!

What's your point?

UVA is a better team than Pitt which for what it's worth is playing like they already joined the ACC.

Tony Bennett

Okay, I was suprised to come across this in reading articles about tonight's matchup.

How many of you knew/remembered that Tony Bennett played in the NBA?
    For the Charlotte Hornets, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Over-under seems to favor a UVa pace. 71-61 +/- a point?
    I was thinking the opposite. If we get to 70 then I think we will win. I certainly don't expect us to reach our average of 80 against their defense. Of course the score doesn't have to directly relate to the pace, efficiency plays a role. So we could be playing at their pace but scoring efficiently, which still bodes well for Duke.

UVA fans anticipating an upset

UVA fans anticipating an upset, win at Duke "finally..." (and, yes, reference in here to Bennett in the NBA) :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...6qP_story.html

It has been 17 years - a point repeated many times. They are countoing on great defense to be the difference.

Another article from the Post, talking about how key Junior Guard Jontel Evans' offensive contribution may be in the upset...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...isrc=nl_sports

That also means sophomore guard Joe Harris and fifth-year senior guard Sammy Zeglinski need to shoot more accurately...

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Okay, I was suprised to come across this in reading articles about tonight's matchup.

How many of you knew/remembered that Tony Bennett played in the NBA?
    For the Charlotte Hornets, no less.
    The running joke around Charlottesville his first couple years was that he was the best guard on the team ...

If Virginia has more than 50 points at the end of this game, we should be ashamed of ourselves.

The center of the basketball universe (aka: North Carolina)
    Is anyone else getting an error message from espn3.com?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueHeart4 View Post
    Is anyone else getting an error message from espn3.com?
    No just poor resolution.

Some ugly shots from 3pt land thus far, but I like the fact that we're trying to push it up after UVA misses. Obviously, our best chance to score is before they can set up that D.

Still not thrilled with our defense but...it's still early in the game, right?

Really liking the intensity at the start of this game - rebounding, defense and offense!

They keep this up, won't be a contest... the key is keeping it up, though...