Congratulations Bob Harris!

Bob Harris has been named The National Sportscasters and Sportswriters' 2011 North Carolina Sportscaster of the Year!

Congrats, Bob! A nice honor for a man who is all class, and one of the nicest people that I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Bob Harris has been named The National Sportscasters and Sportswriters' 2011 North Carolina Sportscaster of the Year!

Congrats, Bob! A nice honor for a man who is all class, and one of the nicest people that I've ever met.
    He really does such a great job in football and basketball. Most deserving.

Neat. Really great for Bob.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Great find. Thanks for sharing Mullet. Congrats to Bob, as this is well deserved. Great man and great at what he does. I heard this on the radio today. Tom Sorenson, a writer, I believe from Charlotte, won sportswriter of the year as well. Nice guy who used to appear on the Primetime with The Packman show a lot.

Way to go Bob! A great honor!

Congrats Bob!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

How Sweet It Is

Well deserved!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post

Truly one of the nicest people ever and a nice honor for someone who really deserves it every year. Each season he keeps getting better and better. Congrats, Bob!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

True Blue, Bob! Well done!

Congrats to Bob, but...

I really love Bob doing Duke games, but unfortunately the stations that carry the Duke games really suck, obviously because of the need to milk the cash cow. You hardly can get analysis and talk about the game anymore during time outs. It's all about insipid ads or the so called delivery of the game, etc. Even worse is the tape delays on TV. One used to be able to watch the game and listen to Bob, but now the delay is around 10 seconds, so it makes it impossible to enjoy. I miss the old days, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by homebre View Post
    I really love Bob doing Duke games, but unfortunately the stations that carry the Duke games really suck, obviously because of the need to milk the cash cow. You hardly can get analysis and talk about the game anymore during time outs. It's all about insipid ads or the so called delivery of the game, etc. Even worse is the tape delays on TV. One used to be able to watch the game and listen to Bob, but now the delay is around 10 seconds, so it makes it impossible to enjoy. I miss the old days, I guess!
    You got a DVR? I DVR the game and then adjust the playback to sync up the action with the radio call. You can do it!!!!

The radio is way ahead of the TV so the DVR doesn't help.

And even better outside the booth. A true gentleman. We are so very fortunate to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by homebre View Post
    The radio is way ahead of the TV so the DVR doesn't help.
    A ha. Ummmm... you got a tape recorder?

ETA: D'uh... our radio is delayed because we use XM.

Congratulations Bob

You are most deserving. Keep up the great work. And by the way, I really miss your Duke golf tournament. That was certainly a wonderful event. GoDuke!

Congrats to Bob Harris! Nothing like hearing a Duke game with him at the mic. This reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask the board . . . does anyone know where one can find an audio clip of Harris's call on the last shot of the 2010 Championship Game? I have searched all over and have never been able to find it.

I echo the well-wishes here - congrats to Bob Harris! I probably am like a lot of Duke fans in that I am often guilty of taking Mr. Harris' considerable talent for granted. Like some of Duke's great players, he makes it look so easy when, in fact, a ton of work goes into making it look easy.

Seriously, have you ever tried to listen to other college b-ball games on the radio? I have had the misfortune of having to listen to the Davidson side of the Duke vs. Davidson game this year and...yikes! It was akin to listening to paint dry! Likewise with the guys who do Wake Forest's games. We have a true gem calling our games and I know I'm a teeny bit biased here but for my money, it simply doesn't get any better than Bob Harris.