Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Well, in the article the father is cited as saying a December decision is likely, so maybe that will really happen. I'm still a bit dubious, though. The article also says that Michigan State became the frontrunner after his visit there, but now after his Duke visit, Duke is the favorite. Hmm, wouldn't put too much stock into that. Like most high profile recruitments these days, it ain't over 'till it's over.
    I read the article and didn't see it where it implied that after his MSU visit, they became the visits. The article merely stated that prior to Jabari's Duke visit it was perceived that MSU was the favorite based on all the recruiting work Izzo has put in. If anything, the work that K and staff as well as the Duke community put into Jabari's OV allowed Duke to gain ground on MSU. IMO, I think it's a good sign for Duke although schools like Florida, Stanford and BYU can all equally gain ground with Jabari during their respective visits with him.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    And, if Ky was involved, it might not even be over when it looks/sounds like it's over.
    Who says Ky isn't involved??????

Oh wait. Academics are important to JP and his family. Coach Cal couldn't find one of the Ky classrooms with a map and an academic advisor. It's not on the path to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Who says Ky isn't involved??????

Oh wait. Academics are important to JP and his family. Coach Cal couldn't find one of the Ky classrooms with a map and an academic advisor. It's not on the path to the NBA.
    It does not appear Ky is involved from this quote:

"Including Duke, he also lists BYU, Florida, Michigan State and Stanford. Parker made his first official visit to Michigan State two weekends ago. After his visit to Durham, he is scheduled to be on the Florida campus this weekend followed by a visit to Stanford (Nov. 9-11) and then finishing at BYU later in the month."

From this link:

http://www.dukehoopblog.com/2012/11/..._campaign=feed

From TheDukeCreed above.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It does not appear Ky is involved from this quote:

"Including Duke, he also lists BYU, Florida, Michigan State and Stanford. Parker made his first official visit to Michigan State two weekends ago. After his visit to Durham, he is scheduled to be on the Florida campus this weekend followed by a visit to Stanford (Nov. 9-11) and then finishing at BYU later in the month."

From this link:

http://www.dukehoopblog.com/2012/11/..._campaign=feed

From TheDukeCreed above.
    KY was involved earlier, and I remember reading something about him a few months earlier where they mentioned a Calimari visit (maybe over the summer). But I also recall Cal backing off a few months ago (maybe about the same time JP and his family started talking so much about the importance of academics, faith and character....).

Honestly, JP just doesn't seem like a KY type of kid to me. I see him landing with a high-character coach, along the lines of Izzo, K or Dawkins. That is part of what is so puzzling about FL being in his final-5 -- anybody think Donovan belongs in the same breath with those gentlemen???

Before Andrew Wiggins ever considered reclassification, I wonder how much it bothered Calipari to know that he had absolutely no shot at landing the premier talent in the 2013 class. No shot.

That is what happens when a highly intellectual kid is interested in choosing a school that offers more than just playing games but also a challenging and stimulating academic experience, and all you are selling is eight months of gym class. Whether he ever plays a game for Duke or not, I am so glad that a kid as celebrated and athletically gifted as Jabari Parker came along in the Calipari at UK era to prove that not every top five recruit views college as a Holiday Inn. There are obviously other kids like this as well -- Kyrie and even Harrison Barnes immediately come to mind -- but it can sometimes feel like that is the case. Parker is quite refreshing.

What was it that Eric Bledsoe majored in, again? Kickball?

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    KY was involved earlier, and I remember reading something about him a few months earlier where they mentioned a Calimari visit (maybe over the summer). But I also recall Cal backing off a few months ago (maybe about the same time JP and his family started talking so much about the importance of academics, faith and character....).

Honestly, JP just doesn't seem like a KY type of kid to me. I see him landing with a high-character coach, along the lines of Izzo, K or Dawkins. That is part of what is so puzzling about FL being in his final-5 -- anybody think Donovan belongs in the same breath with those gentlemen???
    Perhaps Jabari just wanted to add one "fun" trip to his schedule. If Aruba had a decent basketball team, he might have visited there. Florida was just as tropical as it gets. After all, he is going to be very busy at Duke next year

I am sticking to that story..

In all seriousness, though, Billy Donovan seems to be an upstanding guy (from what I can tell) with a national championship level program at a good school (though not in the same league as Duke or Stanford) in an attractive area of the country for a young kid. I don't blame Jabari for keeping Florida in consideration.

Ball room dancing, I believe.

no favorite, says dad

Update on Parker, with maybe minor tidbit re his choice: father says no favorite right now, and Jabari will choose after early signing period, sign in spring. Rehab on fractured foot, may delay readiness at beginning of this season.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncb/story...iting-favorite

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Update on Parker, with maybe minor tidbit re his choice: father says no favorite right now, and Jabari will choose after early signing period, sign in spring. Rehab on fractured foot, may delay readiness at beginning of this season.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncb/story...iting-favorite
    I like this kid! Talk about accelerating his Duke-readiness, he is even getting his Duke superstar foot injury out of the way while in high school!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I like this kid! Talk about accelerating his Duke-readiness, he is even getting his Duke superstar foot injury out of the way while in high school!
    I thought the same thing. Nothing says "I'm a Duke basketball player" quite like a good fractured foot.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedBlueDevil View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...2660327.column

Not sure if this is the same article or not, but I could not get your link to work.

This article basically says Jabari wants to dial back the exposure, his injury is healing but likely not by his team's 12/1 opener, and he wants to commit in December or January.

He has not gone on officials to Stanford or BYU yet. Anything to read into that? Sounds like we are in good shape, but that there's not a whole lot of info about what he is thinking.

Same article; love how he disses the media on media day at Simeon!

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...2660327.column

Not sure if this is the same article or not, but I could not get your link to work.

This article basically says Jabari wants to dial back the exposure, his injury is healing but likely not by his team's 12/1 opener, and he wants to commit in December or January.

He has not gone on officials to Stanford or BYU yet. Anything to read into that? Sounds like we are in good shape, but that there's not a whole lot of info about what he is thinking.
    As the school that was, in the most recent news, apparently in the lead, Duke fans should be rooting for a quick decision. Gotta love JP's methodical process. Smart kid.

Surprised that he hasn' even scheduled his vist yet to Duke-west and coach Dawkins.

even tho UK isn't in the mix any longer, i can't help but think it looked really good to MOST recruits to see duke defeat the "freshman all-stars" of UK...

it shows that there is more to being a basketball team than raw talent thrown together with a coach who's only goal seems to be getting his players contracts in the league...

i LIKE that duke won against that program...K's way vs Cal's way...

"just watch shane"....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

He probably will end up following through because that's the kind of stand-up kid he appears to be, but I honestly wouldn't be all that surprised if Jabari never scheduled that visit to "Duke West." I love Johhny and think Stanford is a very good basketball school, but the Cardinal program hasn't been elite since the Mike Montgomery era. Those are just the cold hard facts. If Johnny doesn't get to the NCAA Tournament this year, a place he has yet to take Stanford in his four years there, now going on his fifth, he's in big trouble.

He made tremendous strides last season and really had a pretty decent team, which gave Syracuse all they wanted during the Orange's early unbeaten streak and ended up finishing as NIT champions. But Johnny is 30-42 in the lowly Pac 12 and will absolutely need to finish in the top three of the conference this season and get to the Dance in order to prove that he has a plan to get Stanford back to competitiveness. Even Coach K, who had an abysmal start at Duke, reached the NCAA Tournament by his fourth and fifth years in Durham.

I am 250% confident that Jabari is not going to Stanford.

Jabari to be on ESPNU tonight on signing day special.

Quote Originally Posted by DownEastDevil View Post
    He said he will make a commitment between December and February.

That means...

Quote Originally Posted by Hkhawkins View Post
    He said he will make a commitment between December and February.
    So....that's January, right??

Quote Originally Posted by DownEastDevil View Post
    Isn't that a bit like having a cow on a vegan cooking show?