Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
That's exactly my point . . . you can't just compare a player to a legendary player based on the fact that a few aspects of their games are similar. I was waiting on someone to jump on this. Barnes has a good jumper, hes a pretty smart player, and he's about 6'8". . that's basically all I based that comparison on. My point was, you dont compare jabari parker to kobe bryant and grant hill unless hes REALLY freakin good. And I didn't make that comparison, Coach K did.
Worth noting-- K did not publicly make this comparison (he is not allowed to comment in public about a recruit). He made it when talking to Jabari. In that context, it must be viewed as part of K's "recruiting pitch" to the kid. "Come here and I could see you developing into another Grant Hill or, another kid who really wanted to play for me and who I have enjoyed coaching on the Olympic team, Kobe Bryant."

Now, I don't doubt that Jabari is a heck of a good ballplayer and I am not saying that K way lying or exaggerating when he made those comparisons to the kid. But, I doubt anyone pitches an elite prospect by saying, "Come here and you could be another Daniel Ewing or Chris Carrawell." Dan and Chris both had fine careers and I am huge fans of what they did here, but when you are pitching a top tier recruit you are talking about making them into an NBA star and dangling images of lottery pick/max contract money in front of them.

So, just sayin', maybe we take the Grant and Kobe comparisons with a tiny grain of salt.

--Jason "then again, from what I have heard/read/youtube'd comparing Jabari to future NBA HOFamers is not at all unreasonable" Evans