Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Rumor has it he is signing with a mystery team. He was so impressed wuth this teams performance on national tv he had to join their squad.

Do we really want him?

If we get Jabari to sign, we very well may be pre-season number one next year... do we want that???

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    If we get Jabari to sign, we very well may be pre-season number one next year... do we want that???
    Excellent point as always.

This kid may be really, really good. I can't take the pressure already. Why field a team that should compete for the national championship, when we can lumber along at a comfortable .500 pace?

I say, we aim for the NIT. Less pressure, tickets easier to get. Heck, maybe even a home tournament game!

Speaking of, and of your avatar -- there is a nice debate at IC right now on whether Ol' Roy has lost it, and whether their team is NIT-bound. Dance, dance, dance. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    I'm wondering why Jabari felt th need to say he hadn't decided yet. if not, why pick an arbitrary day rather than just wait?
    Karl Towns did the same thing. I think they pretty much know where they're going but do this to keep it under wraps, and perhaps so as not to have to let down the other coaches until they already know. And sure enough, it really doesn't seem like anyone knows for sure which way Jabari is leaning.

As for a player comp, the one time I saw him live last year was probably his worst game of the season in a loss to Findlay. He was still good, and reminded me a lot of how Luol Deng played in high school, just the way he carried himself and his multiple talents.

i'm sorry that i'm too lazy to pick back through the thread, but, what's the format for his announcement today? espn? 4pm?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i'm sorry that i'm too lazy to pick back through the thread, but, what's the format for his announcement today? espn? 4pm?
    The U at 4

-Jason "ESPNU" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The U at 4

-Jason "ESPNU" Evans
    Why is he announcing at Miami? Oh, not that U.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    He's going to the barber at 1pm to get a logo shaved into the back of his head and will be connecting to skype by 355pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    He's going to the barber at 1pm to get a logo shaved into the back of his head and will be connecting to skype by 355pm.
    Hope we don't see the hat shuffle. I've come to dislike that little show.

Not sure if anyone picked up on this or if it was mentioned before BUT 1220 looks a lot like IZZO.

Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Hope we don't see the hat shuffle. I've come to dislike that little show.
    Seriously. If there is any remaining hope for a humble and straightforward announcement from an elite level recruit, I would suspect Jabari would be among the most likely candidates. I'm hoping for a brief statement thanking his high school coaches, teammates, family, community, and the coaches who diligently pursued him, and then an announcement without any visual aids. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Seriously. If there is any remaining hope for a humble and straightforward announcement from an elite level recruit, I would suspect Jabari would be among the most likely candidates. I'm hoping for a brief statement thanking his high school coaches, teammates, family, community, and the coaches who diligently pursued him, and then an announcement without any visual aids. We'll see.
    Kyrie tried to keep things under wraps despite the fact that everyone here was virtually certain he was going to choose Duke. His announcement was completely tasteful in the end.

Who's the opening band?

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Who's the opening band?
    Tony Parker. Just finishing up his set from a few months ago

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The U at 4

-Jason "ESPNU" Evans
    Don't miss "the Ocho" at 3. A pre-announcement rundown hosted by Cotton McKnight and Pepper Brooks. I hear White Goodman, Steve the Pirate and Jalen Rose will be guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug.I.Am View Post
    Not sure if anyone picked up on this or if it was mentioned before BUT 1220 looks a lot like IZZO.

Just sayin'...
    Well maybe, but backwards it looks like Ozzi...

As in Ozzie...

As in Guillen.

How high does this thing go?!?

17. keep jalen rose away from recruits

18. with our without parker will still have a good group next year

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Don't miss "the Ocho" at 3. A pre-announcement rundown hosted by Cotton McKnight and Pepper Brooks. I hear White Goodman, Steve the Pirate and Jalen Rose will be guests.
    They ain't no average Joe's right there.

One of the links off the main page said the announcement was at 4:30.