Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
I just finished watching Simeon defeat Miller Grove 59-56 on ESPN3. While both Parkers were impressive, Jabari Parker was really impressive. He is great in transition, can knock down the 3-pointer, play defense inside and on the perimeter, deliver assists, help break the press and so on and so on. I was impressed to say the least! At halftime, commentator Adrian Branch stated that Jabari had Grant Hill's aproach to playing the game, Dennis Scott's shooting form and Carmelo Anthony's body. That is some high praise.
Saw a good part of the game (switching back and forth to Saints/Lions) and was overall impressed with Jabari Parker.

My quick impessions---he seems to be a legit 6'8" and I've read he's still growing. Very good athlete, but not a freak type athlete; versatile and smart. He can shoot from long range, score near the basket with finesse, handle well, and pass well. Not sure what the final numbers were, but his shooting percentage dropped off after a quick start; he was 6-17 at one point. He tended to drift outside and Simeon didn't seem to look for him as much as they might. Comparing his game to others? Some Grant Hill, maybe some Carmelo Anthony.

The announcer and analysts just raved about what a quality young man he is...very hard worker, good student, very good grasp of the game, keeps adding facets to his game (he had a very nice floater from about 8 to 10 feet that you rarely see from a guy his size). One announcer also mentioned that while Jabari has excellent pro potential, some wouldn't be surprised to see him spend more than one year in college, a la Harrison Barnes or Jared Sullinger.

Has a list of 10(!) schools that includes Duke. Some thought that he would prefer to stay in Chicago area for family and friends, but nothing definite.

Just my .02, but from his play and comments about him, Jabari seems to be a guy who could develop a very strong relationship with Coach K. Hope so.