Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    This is a young team. There are physical attributes figuring in, but we are lacking seasoned, tough floor leadership.
    We are NOT a young team. We start 2 of 3 bigs Mason (JR), Ryan (JR), Miles (SR), and 3 of 4 guards Andre (JR), Seth (SR, redshirt JR), Austin (FR), and Tyler (SO). So at most we only start 1 sophomore and 1 freshman. The rest are at least juniors.

Btw, Tyler fouls a lot.

Does anybody know how Temple got to the game? I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    is bordering on moving into the Len Elmore "mute button" territory.
    You mean you're tired of hearing about how a push off isn't a push off, but simply Temple/Fernandez "squaring their shoulders"?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    is bordering on moving into the Len Elmore "mute button" territory.
    I think Dykes has been spot on in his analysis. Sometimes the truth hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    This is a young team. There are physical attributes figuring in, but we are lacking seasoned, tough floor leadership.
    Tyler is just as flustered. Look at the fouls.

The problem, offensively, to me is that Rivers is having a bad game (getting blocked and not finishing), Mason isn't finishing strong, and Seth is handling the ball too much. That means we have to keep up with them with defense, and we just aren't doing it right now for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Does anybody know how Temple got to the game? I forgot.
    I think it was rickshaw. You know, to remember where they came from.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I think Dykes has been spot on in his analysis. Sometimes the truth hurts...
    Are you referring to when the replay shows Fernandez swatting Tyler's arm...and Dykes states that Tyler was clearly the fouler (and praising Fernadez)? Don't think you meant that.

It is more his incessant tone..
    Windy City Devil

I know we are still very much in this game, but my heart hurts. Thank you Mason for saving us there!

When was the last time our frontcourt was better than our backcourt? The backcourt looks like our weak spot this year, losing Kyrie and Nolan is just too much.

The bright spot is it looks like Austin should come back next year.

Dykes loves the word "jackhammer"

dukemsu

If we're not getting any offense outta Dre I would rather Mike be played...I would take his defense over Andre's at this point...Dre's just sooo slow laterally

I am shocked coach K hasn't made adjustments this game. All game our bigs have been overplaying out on the perimeter, and all game they have been beat. We just look bad - our offense is useless outside the Plumlees. What happened to finding the open shooter?
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

It's tough when they are hitting threes because we can keep them out of the lane if we get out on them. Gotta pick your poison...

Young in terms of leadership and established roles

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    We are NOT a young team. We start 2 of 3 bigs Mason (JR), Ryan (JR), Miles (SR), and 3 of 4 guards Andre (JR), Seth (SR, redshirt JR), Austin (FR), and Tyler (SO). So at most we only start 1 sophomore and 1 freshman. The rest are at least juniors.

Btw, Tyler fouls a lot.
    I agree with you, regarding class level. But we are lacking the one or two guys who are seasoned LEADERS and who can play at a high level, making their on-floor leadership credible. We are also young with respect to our roles, most notably at PG. It's pretty obvious. It doesn't take too much stress, on-game pressure, to rattle us. It's interesting to me how our highly touted perimeter shooters can be shut down.

Couple of points. Duke has a ways to go defensively. Ways to go. Austin Rivers will go pro, and shouldn't. He has a lot to learn just about playing the game of basketball. His game is still very raw. Curious to see why K didn't try a rotation of Kelly and the 2 Plums.

and someone made the point in another thread that our high turnover rate wasn't a problem because our efficiency was still good. I think the turnovers are clearly a huge problem - we can't go three times down the court without turning it over.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by dcar1985 View Post
    If we're not getting any offense outta Dre I would rather Mike be played...I would take his defense over Andre's at this point...Dre's just sooo slow laterally
    Just about all of our guards get blown by on a regular basis, not just Dre.

Yea but Mike doesn't play the 1 or 2...

It's not just the guards that get blown by, it's everybody.

Weird... perimeter bumps are now fouls. Go figure.