Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

father-son mention on ESPN news

Just happened (8:25 or so) on ESPN News while watching the Duke highlights.

"Austin Rivers...son of Glen "Doc""

"Andre Dawkins...his father Johnny sits on the Duke bench"

UNCCH game shown next

"James Michael McAdoo...his father was pretty famous too". Was waiting for a mention of Bob but maybe he really meant Ronnie.

Fact checking anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post

UNCCH game shown next

"James Michael McAdoo...his father was pretty famous too". Was waiting for a mention of Bob but maybe he really meant Ronnie.

Fact checking anyone?
    As a famous man once said, "Facts are stupid things."

But, yes, it's rather pitiful. Unfortunately, we are many years past the point of relying on media to provide factual observations. Even in sports, where it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    As a famous man once said, "Facts are stupid things."

But, yes, it's rather pitiful. Unfortunately, we are many years past the point of relying on media to provide factual observations. Even in sports, where it shouldn't be a problem.
    "Facts are simple and facts are straight
    Facts are lazy and facts are late
    Facts all come with points of view
    Facts won't do what you want them to.

Facts just twist the truth around . . . facts continue to change their shape."

-- Talking Heads

Pops

Didn't Gbinijie's father help Duke make it to the NCAA Final in 1978? Some guy on ESPN used to call him "G Man"...

I can understand confusing the McAdoo clan. After all, Robert is James Michael's uncle.

But Dawkins and Dawkins? That's just sad. And it's not like 'Dre just arrived on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post

UNCCH game shown next

Fact checking anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I can understand confusing the McAdoo clan. After all, Robert is James Michael's uncle.

But Dawkins and Dawkins? That's just sad. And it's not like 'Dre just arrived on campus.
    . . . Or that Johnny still sits on the Duke bench.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedBlueDevil View Post
    Didn't Gbinijie's father help Duke make it to the NCAA Final in 1978? Some guy on ESPN used to call him "G Man"...
    Now we just need some blogger to read this and mention it in a post, someone to see that post and tweet it, and then a journalist to read the blog, also see the twitter hearsay, and then confirm it as fact...Mike Gminski is Mike Gbinije's father. Heck, they share the same first name, it MUST be true!

It must be true because ESPN said it. What's next? Will we hear that Duke has three generations of Plumlees sitting on their bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    It must be true because ESPN said it. What's next? Will we hear that Duke has three generations of Plumlees sitting on their bench?
    Or the Plumlee triplets.

And then a minute later the same guy, in narrating the UNC highlights, referred to "the freshman Harrison Barnes.". Dudes just an ignorant idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    And then a minute later the same guy, in narrating the UNC highlights, referred to "the freshman Harrison Barnes.". Dudes just an ignorant idiot.
    I believe Marvin Barnes' son (and Matt Barnes' brother) was supposed to be a one-and-done, so maybe the announcer was confused.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

We should send in a rumor that PJ Hairston and Josh Hairston are brothers. See how far it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    We should send in a rumor that PJ Hairston and Josh Hairston are brothers. See how far it goes.
    And add that they are the grandchildren of Happy Hairston

happy hairston

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    And add that they are the grandchildren of Happy Hairston
    Hey, Happy was a North Carolina native born and raised in Winston-Salem! So we know that PJ -- a Greensboro native -- is not related to him?

In all seriousness, I have been surprised there's been no mention of the relationship between Alex Murphy and his father, actor/comedian Eddie Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFan View Post
    In all seriousness, I have been surprised there's been no mention of the relationship between Alex Murphy and his father, actor/comedian Eddie Murphy.
    Wrong movie cop from Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Did you mean that Alex is related to this dude?

Robocop-s03.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Best.

Seque.

Ever!

Moar Intertube Cons-piracy:

G B I N I J E = 7
    G M I N S K I = 7

Both have two I's.
    Both end with a vowel.
    Both names use "N" as the pivot.
    Gman wore number 43 at Duke.
    Gbinije wears number 13.
    Both uniform numbers end in 3. The difference between the numbers is 30. Mike Gminski played his last game for Duke on March 15th, 1980 and Gbinije committed to Duke on March 11, 2010, almost exactly 30 years after GMan played his last game.

Now, Silent G was born on 06/05 which if you add together will equal 11.
    Gman was born on 08/03 which added together will equal 11.
    If you add the digits to their uniform numbers together you get 4+3+1+3= 11...eleven, ELEVEN.
    There are 11 Dukes of Edom in the book of Genesis.
    Genesis also starts with a G and G E N I S I S = 7 letters, just like the names.
    Genesis of course means to be born or to come into being...the origin.

This is some serious numerology. The meaning is clear. Mike Gminski is the origin of Mike Gbinije, if not biologically then at least in some weird cosmic mathematical superstring kind of way.

(*another neat trick: take the digits of the combined uniform numbers and you can add them back up to make the birthdays of the two men. 3+3 and 4+1 equals 06/05 Gbinije and 4+3+1 and 3 equals 08/03 Gminski...each number is used and none more than once)

Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    Moar Intertube Cons-piracy:

G B I N I J E = 7
    G M I N S K I = 7

Both have two I's.
    Both end with a vowel.
    Both names use "N" as the pivot.
    Gman wore number 43 at Duke.
    Gbinije wears number 13.
    Both uniform numbers end in 3. The difference between the numbers is 30. Mike Gminski played his last game for Duke on March 15th, 1980 and Gbinije committed to Duke on March 11, 2010, almost exactly 30 years after GMan played his last game.

Now, Silent G was born on 06/05 which if you add together will equal 11.
    Gman was born on 08/03 which added together will equal 11.
    If you add the digits to their uniform numbers together you get 4+3+1+3= 11...eleven, ELEVEN.
    There are 11 Dukes of Edom in the book of Genesis.
    Genesis also starts with a G and G E N I S I S = 7 letters, just like the names.
    Genesis of course means to be born or to come into being...the origin.

This is some serious numerology. The meaning is clear. Mike Gminski is the origin of Mike Gbinije, if not biologically then at least in some weird cosmic mathematical superstring kind of way.

(*another neat trick: take the digits of the combined uniform numbers and you can add them back up to make the birthdays of the two men. 3+3 and 4+1 equals 06/05 Gbinije and 4+3+1 and 3 equals 08/03 Gminski...each number is used and none more than once)
    Damn, it must be a cold night in Alaska.

(j/k -- excellent post!)