Wagner Beats Pitt

Wagner beats Pittsburgh 59-54 on Pitt's home court. The coaches on the bench look familiar

Hmph. Wagner. Home losses...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Hmph. Wagner. Home losses...

-jk
    The Wagner win does make one wonder about Pitt going forward. Dan Hurley looks just like his brother, Bobby, the guy sitting on the bench.

Maybe Danny & Bobby will succeed Coach K at Duke?

Maybe someone will come up with a new book series for children -- The Hurley Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Maybe someone will come up with a new book series for children -- The Hurley Boys.
    Was that spur of the moment or had you been sitting on that one a while?

Big Win for the Brothers Hurley

Hopefully everyone caught the end of the Wagner/Pitt game Friday night. A big win for the brothers Hurley in their turnaround of the Wagner program.

Why

has Bobby Hurley not been invited into the K coaching circle? Has his father counseled him against this? I mean, when coaching opportunities have presented themselves recently and in the past; Hurley's name has not even been mentioned. A little bizzare to me; considering the guy set all kinds of records and is a Duke Hall of Famer.?. He probably is faring better this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe Danny & Bobby will succeed Coach K at Duke?
    That would be so cool. I don't know how realistic it is, but I watched that Wagner vs Pitt game and those Wagner players were not scared at all going in the last few minutes despite some bad bounces. It was a great coaching job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    has Bobby Hurley not been invited into the K coaching circle? Has his father counseled him against this? I mean, when coaching opportunities have presented themselves recently and in the past; Hurley's name has not even been mentioned. A little bizzare to me; considering the guy set all kinds of records and is a Duke Hall of Famer.?. He probably is faring better this way.
    Why? Because Bobby Hurley wasn't interested in coaching until recently. When he became interested, there wasn't an opening on the staff. Timing is everything.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    You do recognize that Bobby Hurley just recently got into coaching right? After leaving the NBA he chose to go into horse breeding and racing. That said, how do you know Bobby was never considered, and where in the world did you get the idea that Bobby's father possibly "counseled him against this". Do you have a link that details Bobby's dad being against Bobby coaching at Duke? Otherwise, that is a pretty absurd insinuation.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    You do recognize that Bobby Hurley just recently got into coaching right? After leaving the NBA he chose to go into horse breeding and racing. That said, how do you know Bobby was never considered, and where in the world did you get the idea that Bobby's father possibly "counseled him against this". Do you have a link that details Bobby's dad being against Bobby coaching at Duke? Otherwise, that is a pretty absurd insinuation.
    I didn't take Wildcat's question as insinuation...just as a pondering question. I think Ozzie pegged the overall answer though. It would be cool to see him on the Duke bench again one day, but even if not, it's fun to see the tree with more branches.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Speaking of trees, the thought occurred to me that Hurley Sr. has been at St. Anthony's long enough (35-40 yrs?) that he might have a coaching tree of his own, not counting his sons...

Also, I'm "of a certain age" that -jk's comment of "Hmpf. Wagner. Home losses." produced a coffee-spew. There should be a category for those in addition to sporks...
    "Quality is not an option!"