Shabazz Muhammad will be in Myrtle Beach Dec 26th - 30th

Shabazz will be on display at the Myrtle Beach Beach Ball Classic next week. I'm betting there will be some coaches there nightly, incluing our Duke coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfsideron View Post
    Shabazz will be on display at the Myrtle Beach Beach Ball Classic next week. I'm betting there will be some coaches there nightly, incluing our Duke coaches.
    Actually he'll be there 27-31 Dec. His first game is 27 Dec at 8:45 PM. Julius Randle will be there as well.

I'm pretty sure another Duke target Jahlil Okafor is going to be there as well. I hope to make it down there from Wilmington to catch some of the games

Cool Thanks for the tip

For one of my Xmas presents to my son we are staying on the beach from 12/30 - 1/2, it looks like the hotel is a 5 block walk from the convention center.

Santa strikes again!

where do they play the tournament, what location? It was played at Soccesstee (sp?) hs many years ago, in fact thats where i saw Grant Hill in 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by verga View Post
    where do they play the tournament, what location?
    http://www.beachballclassic.com/Home.aspx

The tournament will be at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. I've provided a link to the tournament website.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by verga View Post
    where do they play the tournament, what location? It was played at Soccesstee (sp?) hs many years ago, in fact thats where i saw Grant Hill in 1990.
    It has not been played at Socastee High School since the early 1990's. The former Socastee coach, Dan d'antoni (Mike's brother) was one of the founders. As the tournament grew it needed a bigger venue. The Beach Ball Classic moved to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center on the corner of Oak Street and 21 Ave North. If anyone is in the area they should check it out. I've been going for years.