View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in the team's 90-63 win over UNC-Greensboro?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyler Thornton

1 1.27%
  • Seth Curry

0 0%
  • Austin Rivers

7 8.86%
  • Mason Plumlee

39 49.37%
  • Ryan Kelly

0 0%
  • Miles Plumlee

1 1.27%
  • Andre Dawkins

0 0%
  • Michael Gbinije

1 1.27%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Quinn Cook

29 36.71%
  • Todd Zafirovski

1 1.27%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. UNC-Greensboro (Dec 19, 2011)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in the team's 90-63 win over UNC-Greensboro?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Best player on the floor? Mason.

Man of the Match? Quinn.

Congrats, Mr. Cook

Mason was THE dominant force in this game. His big plays gave Duke separation. All of Quinn's scores camed after Duke had already made their push.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

I'll go with Mr. Cook tonight with the steady influence leading the team the second half and better defense that half than in the first half. Mason had a fine game and coulda/shoulda had 18/13 if he could shoot 60-70% FT. I liked Miles' line, too, of 0 points and 13 boards. Any stats/trivia folks out there able to answer the question of most rebounds in a single game by an individual player without scoring a point?

Rebounds

Well Zoubs had 16 rebounds and 3 points against VA Tech his senior year. I can't think of anyone that came closer to what Miles did today.

No MOM?

Votes tonight are few and far between. Is that because, while multiple players had decent-to-good games --- there was no clear Man of the Match??

Quinn Cox, uh, Cook got my vote tonight. Apparently Bob Harris called Cook "Cox" at some point during the broadcast last night, or so he told Quinn during the post game interview as Bob led with an apology for doing so. Shortly after that, devildeac had to apologize to me for almost making me spew my Diet Coke onto the person sitting in front of me in the car we were riding, but to say more would just be Crazietalk.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Any stats/trivia folks out there able to answer the question of most rebounds in a single game by an individual player without scoring a point?
    Not sure about Duke or college in general, but Rodman once had 28 rebounds, 0 points in the NBA.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...312010CHH.html

Mason played really well and used his size to advantage against a smaller team. Both he and Miles did a great job on the boards. As well as the Bigs played, interesting that Duke didn't open up the lead until the threes started falling, may be something see again in conference play. Bring on the regular season!!

Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    Mason played really well and used his size to advantage against a smaller team. Both he and Miles did a great job on the boards. As well as the Bigs played, interesting that Duke didn't open up the lead until the threes started falling, may be something see again in conference play. Bring on the regular season!!
    If Mason commands double teams in conference play, we'll have a lot of wide open looks at three. Mason's most underrated skill is his passing, in my opinion. I HOPE that opposing defenses feel they need to double up on Mason in the post because I think he'll do a great job kicking out to our many three point shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Quinn Cox, uh, Cook got my vote tonight. Apparently Bob Harris called Cook "Cox" at some point during the broadcast last night, or so he told Quinn during the post game interview as Bob led with an apology for doing so. Shortly after that, devildeac had to apologize to me for almost making me spew my Diet Coke onto the person sitting in front of me in the car we were riding, but to say more would just be Crazietalk.
    Yeah, I think sometimes they get a little woozy up there in the broadcast booth. They also credited Tyler Thornton with a 3-point shot made by Andre when Thornton was not on the floor.

MP1

I went with the very uncoventional approach. I took MP1 as the MOTM. 13 rebounds without a point epitomizes a "Dukie." It was tough not to choose QC, MP2, or even AD but I think Miles deserves some love especially since I am often his biggest critic.

Mason was most dominant, but I can't in good faith vote it for him until there is some better FT shooting from him. Quinn got my vote, but Silent G almost stole it from him for his defense. G will not be a great steal/block type of defender IMO, but when he's on someone he disturbs their play a lot.