Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
If I were the coach, then yes, I would give serious thought to this idea. I've been waiting for it for some time, and wondering why Coach K hasn't tried this already. He must have a reason. Perhaps he doesn't have confidence in Austin's decision making yet, or is worried about putting too much pressure on him.
I too have wondered why we haven't experimented using Austin at the point. He has the size and seems to have the handle to play PG, and as other posters have pointed out a lot of the offense flows through him already. A lineup of Austin at point and Seth and Andre on the wings, with Tyler, Quinn and Mike as backups, looks potent to me.

But I'm sure Coach K and the rest of the staff have thought a lot more about this than I have, and that there are good reasons why we're not seeing it. Perhaps Austin is too valuable as a scorer to have him play point. Maybe with his fierce scorer's mentality he is not pass oriented enough to play PG, although he has shown the ability to make nice passes. Maybe the staff wants to develop other players at the point. Whatever it is, I'm sure there are good reasons, even if they are not evident to us mere mortals.