Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    It's kind of like with Coach K, where it's not who starts that's important, but with who finishes games that is telling. Based on the magic personnel, I'd say it's a safe bet JJ gets a ton of PT in the 4th quarter. It could be like today's game, where JJ finishes in place on Jason Richardson, or you could have a lineup of Turk/JJ/J-Rich/Anderson/Dwight and use Turk's ability to distribute the ball in place of Jameer (like the 2009 playoffs against Boston and Cleveland). JJ is clearly the 3rd and 4th best player on the team so far this year, and his ability to hit shots and free throws down the stretch has made him one of SVG's primary options compared to years past.

JJ was +26 in a six-point game and scored 21 points. Seems like a statement game. - sage
    Agreed. This could be his best year all time. And let's give him credit; he didn't give up. He hung tough his first
    couple of years, kept working, and kept improving. And check out the kind of shape he's in; every square inch,
    tight muscle. He has earned his P.T., and hopefully a place in the NBA upper echelon of players.

Trouble ahead for Demarcus Cousins:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Always hate to see talent derailed by immaturity, personal issues, or drugs. Even though Cousins is a UK enemy I hope he can pull his act together and contribute to his team. Of course, there were plenty of red flags in the draft, which is why he fell all the way to Sacramento.

Quote Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
    Agreed. This could be his best year all time. And let's give him credit; he didn't give up. He hung tough his first
    couple of years, kept working, and kept improving. And check out the kind of shape he's in; every square inch,
    tight muscle. He has earned his P.T., and hopefully a place in the NBA upper echelon of players.
    Going into the Pistons game on 1/2/12:

Last Season This Season
    POINTS 10.1 15.0
    FIELD GOALS 44.1% 55.8%
    3-POINT FGS 39.7% 50.0%
    PLUS/MINUS +1.7 +6.8

Stan Van Gundy (talking about JJ): "Smart and tough and skilled is a pretty good combination". It's nice to see Van Gundy figured out what many of us already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    Going into the Pistons game on 1/2/12:
    Code:
                             Last Season       This Season
    POINTS                10.1                 15.0
    FIELD GOALS           44.1%                55.8%
    3-POINT FGS           39.7%                50.0%
    PLUS/MINUS           +1.7                  +6.8
    Stan Van Gundy (talking about JJ): "Smart and tough and skilled is a pretty good combination". It's nice to see Van Gundy figured out what many of us already knew.
    Good going, JJ, even though tonight in Detroit was not as good. - sage

Here's a NBA.com article on Boozer:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Last night Battier had a "break-out" game in the Heat loss. He was 3-4 from 3 and finished with 11pts 2reb 2ast in 25 minutes.

Grant Hill had 8pts and 8 boards.
    Dahntay scored 11pts on 5-6 shooting.
    Shelden Williams saw 22 minutes but was only 1-9 from the field with 6 boards.
    Redick scored 8 points on 3-10 shooting but racked up 4ast.
    Duhon had an efficient game with 8pts 3reb 3ast in just 17minutes on 2-2 shooting and going 2-2 from the line.

Nice line for Kyrie tonight vs. the Bobcats:

8-10 FG, 2-2 from 3pt, 2-2 from FT, 6 assists, 0 turnovers, 2 blocks, and 20 points in 21 min. Oh and he was +15 in a 115-101 win.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Nice line for Kyrie tonight vs. the Bobcats:

8-10 FG, 2-2 from 3pt, 2-2 from FT, 6 assists, 0 turnovers, 2 blocks, and 20 points in 21 min. Oh and he was +15 in a 115-101 win.
    Kyrie completely dominated. He was unguardable. On several occasions he left multiple Bobcat defenders falling over themselves as he was laying it up.

It would be unfair if he was stil wearing a Duke uniform. Fun, but unfair.

Anyone have an idea if we will see Nolan get some playing time this year?

Nolan received a DNP last night. I think there's just too many guards on that Portland team.
    Kyrie was #1 and 2 on the Top 10 plays for SportsCenter. Man, he and Austin together would have been insane.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by basket1544 View Post
    Nolan received a DNP last night. I think there's just too many guards on that Portland team.
    Kyrie was #1 and 2 on the Top 10 plays for SportsCenter. Man, he and Austin together would have been insane.
    There were 4 left sitting on the bench for Portland, including E-Will. In fact, the Trail Blazers coach has consistently sat 4 or 5 players per game, he seems like to a short bench much like K. I don't know much about their other players, whether they are any good or injured, but the number of DNP's does stand out.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

McBob

Sat against Houston -- apparently a toe injury, according to the basketball-reference.com web site.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by shoutingncu View Post
    82-50.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    82-50.
    And...
    langlyingdown.jpg

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by shoutingncu View Post
    Well it still went in the basket and got him 2 points. And while they were his only 2 points (1-9 shooting..bleah) he started that game and played 23 minutes.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Kyrie - Gets both the number one and number two highlight on ESPN's Sportscenter

Kyrie appears to be doing a great job. On this morning's Sportscenter Top Ten Highlights from last night's play, he got highlight number two for a great defensive stop and highlight number one for a terrific move to the basket and an ensuing bucket. Its not too often, if ever I've seen this done by a rookie.

Where to watch

I have been looking for it on the internet all day...anyone know where to watch today's top 10?

the video on the boxscore page from the game last night hardly mentions kyrie....any other link?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    There were 4 left sitting on the bench for Portland, including E-Will. In fact, the Trail Blazers coach has consistently sat 4 or 5 players per game, he seems like to a short bench much like K. I don't know much about their other players, whether they are any good or injured, but the number of DNP's does stand out.
    I was going to mention this as well, but you beat me to it. With the condensed schedule you would have thought that coaches will be going with deeper benches...but Portland is 4-1 so I am not going to question it. Jamal Crawford, Ray Felton, and Wesley Matthews is a pretty good guard combo.