Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Don't forget Shane and the Heat in the #2 spot in the East.
    Fixed, thank you. Simple omission...im still in a hangover from binging on 6 hours of basketball last night.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Don't forget Shane and the Heat in the #2 spot in the East.
    Some of us are still trying to block out the fact that Shane is playing for the Heat (if I close my eyes hard enough and pull the covers over my head maybe that didn't really happen)

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Some of us are still trying to block out the fact that Shane is playing for the Heat (if I close my eyes hard enough and pull the covers over my head maybe that didn't really happen)
    that doesn't count me...i LOVE that he's playing for the heat....I think he will be an integral part to their (hopefully) title this year...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    that doesn't count me...i LOVE that he's playing for the heat....I think he will be an integral part to their (hopefully) title this year...
    Well, let's put it this way. The fact that Shane is on the team would make it a little easier to stomach if the Heat did win, especially if he made some significant contributions. He's been in the league more than 10 years, and deserves a chance to get a ring. Don't know about the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
    Well, let's put it this way. The fact that Shane is on the team would make it a little easier to stomach if the Heat did win, especially if he made some significant contributions. He's been in the league more than 10 years, and deserves a chance to get a ring. Don't know about the rest.
    Those of us who live in South Florida are very sensitive to you HATERS. What have the Heat done? We love our Heat here.

The Rundown:

Kyrie led the Cavaliers to a close win over the surging NYK. Irving had 21pts to lead everyone in scoring but only 3ast. This was Amare's first game back and it looks like he has disrupted the teams rhythm a bit -- or maybe NYK wasn't as focused as they have clinched a playoff spot.

McRoberts played 18minutes and scored 5pts 4reb 2ast, but the Lakers were beat down by the Spurs. OUCH. I have never seen the Spurs offense so good. Popovich admitted that the team changed its philosophy a bit as they thought the league was becoming more offensive and they couldn't keep competing in the old Spurs style. Watch out, this team is GOOD. I watched them SHRED the Mavs in a must win for the Mavs.

Gerald Henderson had the best game of his career last night. 32pts on 12-24 for 50%. 2-3 3pt and 6-6 FT. He added 4ast and 3reb. Unfortunately the Bobcats still lost to the Memphis Grizzlies 85-80. Gerald has really started to step up on this miserable team, which is good, he has scored 20+ pts in last 3/4 games. If Kemba cand find a shooting and score a little more efficiently, they would have a good backcourt, if a bit undersized. G now has 13 games with 20+ points, and has been in the lineup for all of Charlottes wins, despite missing soem time and playing just 2 games in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Those of us who live in South Florida are very sensitive to you HATERS. What have the Heat done? We love our Heat here.
    Not all of us are haters here

I hope they win 5 or 6 of the next 7 titles. So happy Lebron left Cleveland for Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Not all of us are haters here

I hope they win 5 or 6 of the next 7 titles. So happy Lebron left Cleveland for Miami.
    My hope is that Miami gets bounced in the first round but Shane gets an honorary NBA title ring because he's just such a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    The Rundown:

Kyrie led the Cavaliers to a close win over the surging NYK. Irving had 21pts to lead everyone in scoring but only 3ast. This was Amare's first game back and it looks like he has disrupted the teams rhythm a bit -- or maybe NYK wasn't as focused as they have clinched a playoff spot.

McRoberts played 18minutes and scored 5pts 4reb 2ast, but the Lakers were beat down by the Spurs. OUCH. I have never seen the Spurs offense so good. Popovich admitted that the team changed its philosophy a bit as they thought the league was becoming more offensive and they couldn't keep competing in the old Spurs style. Watch out, this team is GOOD. I watched them SHRED the Mavs in a must win for the Mavs.

Gerald Henderson had the best game of his career last night. 32pts on 12-24 for 50%. 2-3 3pt and 6-6 FT. He added 4ast and 3reb. Unfortunately the Bobcats still lost to the Memphis Grizzlies 85-80. Gerald has really started to step up on this miserable team, which is good, he has scored 20+ pts in last 3/4 games. If Kemba cand find a shooting and score a little more efficiently, they would have a good backcourt, if a bit undersized. G now has 13 games with 20+ points, and has been in the lineup for all of Charlottes wins, despite missing soem time and playing just 2 games in February.
    Gerald looks like he's turned into a pretty darn good NBA player. I'm still not sure he's a good number 1 option on a team but he'd be a nice number 2 option. He's certainly the only player on the bobcats that deserves to be an NBA starter. Hopefully they get Anthony Davis so they can start turning things around.

Quote Originally Posted by loldevilz View Post
    Gerald looks like he's turned into a pretty darn good NBA player. I'm still not sure he's a good number 1 option on a team but he'd be a nice number 2 option. He's certainly the only player on the bobcats that deserves to be an NBA starter. Hopefully they get Anthony Davis so they can start turning things around.
    If they get him in the lottery; not guaranteed by any means. And, since Michael Jordan isn't the best
    G.M. around, who knows, he might not even pick him #1 if he did get it. As I recall, Michael was responsible for picking Kwame Brown #1 ten years ago (is he still playing for Charlotte now?).

So: are the Bobcats the worst NBA team of all time? I've seen 'em play, and boy are they bad.
    The Celtics beat 'em with their (mediocre) second team. Too bad Gerald may have to have his name etched on the title "Team with worst winning percentage of all time".

Quote Originally Posted by loldevilz View Post
    His defense has become really, really good, too. I think Gerald would be best on a team that already has a bunch of other scoring threats so that he can comfortably be a secondary (or lower) option on offense. His strength and athleticism easily make up for his somewhat short frame as NBA 2-guards go. Honestly, it's possible Gerald moves on deciding what crazy management decisions the Bobcats make as he enters his restricted and unrestricted free agency years.

NBA Roundup:

Got to watch some great games yesterday. PHX-DEN, CHI-DAL, and UTA-ORL which went to overtime. For the Suns, Hill sat out with an injury again, and the suns also lost Channing Frye during the game. They lost to Denver and now must travel to Utah (with whom they are a game back for 8th). A must win. Chicago played a close game with the Mavericks but pulled away at the very end as they worked to reincorporate Rose into the lineup. Deng led all scorers with 22pts on 4-7 from 3. Boozer had 12 and 10. Hubie Brown said that Thibs was very complementary toward Boozer in the pregame, talking about how he has been just what the team needed this season. Ironically, Boozer has been the iron-man for the Bulls, playing in every single game (per Hubie Brown). Redick had 15 points as the Magic took the Jazz to the wire, but they came up just short.

Games not TV:

Nolan had 8pts and 6ast in the loss to Memphis.
    Elton Brand has a huge game - 20pts and 9reb in a 3 point win over the Pacers...critical game for PHI, who is trying to hang on to the last playoff spot.
    Dahntay was a DNP in the aforementioned game.
    Battier had a forgettable game as the Heat lost to the Wizards (no James, Bosh, or Wade).
    Dunleavy shot poorly and finished with 2 buckets in the MIL win as they chase the 76ers (3 games back).

Kyrie tearing up tonight at Memphis. 19 first half points and 3 assists against Mike Conley.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorhook View Post
    Kyrie tearing up tonight at Memphis. 19 first half points and 3 assists against Mike Conley.
    Kyrie finished with 25pts adn 4ast.
    Gerald had 19pts and 5reb.
    Brand had 15pts and 6reb as they clinched the final Eastern Conference playoff spot.
    Nolan had a solid game with 10pts 5ast and 6reb.
    Dunleavy had 10pts and 7reb.
    Dahntay had 6pts.

There are just two teams still searching for a playoff spot. PHX and UTA. They play each other tonight on TNT at 10:30. The Suns are a game back, but hold the tiebreaker with the Jazz.

I also must say I did not Kyrie to be this far along in his development. He is actually scoring more in the NBA than at college! 18pts 5ast and 4reb. Those are Tony Parker numbers in a rookie season...His 3pt% is almost 40% and his overall FG is up at 46%. He leads the Duke NBA in scoring and has scored 20+ pts in 27 games.

Anyone have thoughts on who Kyrie reminds you of RE: NBA PGs? In college everyone compared his ability to change pace to Chris Paul, is that still agreed upon doppelganger? Paul averaged 2 more assists per game, but that may have been a function of his team. It will be interesting to see how much Kyrie improves this offseason!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Don't know if he will start tonight like he's done for the last two games, but either way, Lance Thomas will be spending his birthday suited up and playing in the NBA.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Don't know if he will start tonight like he's done for the last two games, but either way, Lance Thomas will be spending his birthday suited up and playing in the NBA.
    Cool..he did start, and played over 30 minutes in a birthday win.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Cool..he did start, and played over 30 minutes in a birthday win.
    LT didn't have the flashiest of stats, in fact quite similar to his production at Duke. However, it seems LT has improved a lot as a passer, he had more assists last night (2) than he did his entire Fr. year at Duke (1)! Duke can't develop big men? Who predicted LT would be in the NBA (other than K)? Who predicted LT would start a game in the NBA? as a rookie? Couldn't possibly be that he developed as a player at Duke could it?
    Other recent Duke bigs like Josh McRoberts, who is still in the show (and may get lots of PT re: LA's current situation), and Shelden Williams who was starting for the Nets prior to being sidelined with an injury. Too bad that Z had so many injuries, i bet he could have been a serviceable back-up C in the Show. i'd like to Artest try to bring down that mountain!

are they dirty?

Two Duke players make SI's top 15 dirtiest players...

Gerald Henderson (#6) and Shane Battier (#13)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...sct=nba_t11_a6

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    Two Duke players make SI's top 15 dirtiest players...

Gerald Henderson (#6) and Shane Battier (#13)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...sct=nba_t11_a6
    What a stupid pictorial, at least they could bother taking a minute or two to write their reasoning with each players. Not only do G and Shane not deserve to be on that list, but probably over half don't. There is a big difference between being "dirty" and a tough competitor. Basketball is insanely physical, but because you fight hard for the points does not mean you play dirty. Now if you coldcock a guy after you dunk the ball...

What a stupid pictorial, at least they could bother taking a minute or two to write their reasoning with each players. Not only do G and Shane not deserve to be on that list, but probably over half don't. There is a big difference between being "dirty" and a tough competitor. Basketball is insanely physical, but because you fight hard for the points does not mean you play dirty. Now if you coldcock a guy after you dunk the ball...
    Funny, too, because if Dahntay had been on the list, it would be believable, as he's had a few high profile questionable plays, including that highly publicized trip of Kobe in the 2009 (I think) playoffs when he was still with Denver. Battier, dirty? Annoying, pesky, and relentless, perhaps, but not dirty.